View Single Post
Unread 6th of December, 2009, 09:03
Falcon79
Ghoul

Member: #7709
Originally Posted by HeadHunter # The dark ominous figure stands in the back of the room watching as this Aster plays the data feed for the mass assembled before him. You’d swear you’d catch a glimpse of a smirk come over his otherwise stoic visage when he sees the Undead. He listens and watches as the others speak. Taking note of the request and fear of the one who calls himself Corey, and of the woman claiming to be a Demon Queller. He lets them all speak as each one says their piece; he finally is the last to retort.

“Credits….. Equipment…… It makes no difference. Each one of those blood sucking, maggot invested, carrions of infernal damnation and horror will meet their end by my hands. I can promise you that.”

He seems to pause a moment and turns his eerie gaze right to Corey. His stone cold stoic glare almost piercing your very soul, sending chills down your spine. His deep tone adding to the dread of his gaze.

“You want to talk about laying your life on the line against the Undead. You have no idea just how many men, women, and children I’ve seen sent to their death. Truck fulls…. All in the name of glory and honor…. Justice and vengeance….. in the name of a madman and his army. For what…. Little more then a song in their honor and chance to be called a martyr at the beckoning call of this madman. You make me sick…. Lucky for you this wouldn’t be my first time encountering such horrors.”

He slowly lifts up his sleeve and reveals the mark of a Reid’s Ranger. Most of you have heard of their exploits. You would assume most would carry such a mark with pride and honor, but the more you look at him, you’d swear he resents the mark.

“I wouldn’t worry too much about your precious equipment anyways. Unless you are planning on packing a lot of holy water, wooden stakes, and crosses; you won’t last ten minutes anyhow. The only thing that works against these vile creatures is moving water, silver and wooden weapons, and anything that might resemble a cross or crucifix. While they might damage them, it hardly matters. I’ve seen them shrug off rail blast. I’ve seen them staked, only to have it removed and kill the man standing before them before he could even react. There is only one true method…. Stake them, cut off the head, and burn the body.”

He looks at each and every one of the members before him.

“You may have a problem with that…. believe me when I tell you this….. It is nothing compared to the vileness they have unleashed upon man since the dawn of time.”

You can see him almost shudder as he speaks those words. Almost as if he is making himself sick to the core.

“I was once called Lazarus by the madman and his army; however I prefer my given name….. Lucian. I would say it’s a pleasure….but circumstances seem otherwise.”

His eerie presence strikes each of you differently. Although most of you sense he speaks the truth, you are a little put off by him. Then again, what options do you really have?
Keiran keeps his tone even....

"I'm WELL aware of what what DOES and DOES NOT hurt Vampires..... Quit your condescending..." He let Lucian know he's not intimidated by him one bit..... I rode a few times with that egomaniacal fool, Reid 20 years ago.... and yes..... I'm FAR older then I look, I've seen death on a scale scale you can't imagine where I come from, and unspeakable horrors here too.... It still doesn't mean I like to waste my life, or the lives of my men foolishly..... and my outfit isset up to face mudane threats, I'll need to refit for this mission, which was what I was addressing...."

"And yes I'm scared of vamps, because I'm not stupid... only a fool isn't afraid of anything...."

He turns to Aster and says..

"I'm in cause I'm your freind Aster and I owe you for more then a couple of saves.... You'll need to cover the cost of refitting for this work though, as it's not my main stock and trade."