View Single Post
Unread 18th of December, 2011, 14:05
Lune
Famine Spirit [Epic]

Member: #1510
Ok, but I read that differently. A mutagen lasts for 10min/level, so at 7th level it lasts for 70min. It takes 1hr to to brew a dose so you could feasibly have another mutagen prepaired while you have one active in your body. But when you imbibe the next mutagen it cancels out the previous mutagen. They don't stack.

Reading the text for Feral Mutagen for instance it states:
Whenever the alchemist imbibes a mutagen, he gains two claw attacks and a bite attack.
Whenever they imbibe it. It doesn't mean that this is the only effects that the mutagen gives. And all of the Advanced Mutagens from Master Chemyst use text like "When the Chemyst assumes her mutagenic form..." so it is clearly meant to stack. This includes the Growth Mutagen which states:
When the chymist assumes her mutagenic form...
Of course for some of them it would just make no sense at all if they didn't combine. Like if you couldn't use Furious Mutagen with Feral Mutagen then how could it increase the the die step of your natural attacks if you didn't have natural attacks to begin with? And why would it require Feral Mutagen as a prequisite to select it?

Unless I'm missing something pretty big here I think they NEED to stack for Master Chemyst to even work as intended.