Online-Roleplaying.community

Online-Roleplaying.community (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/index.php)
-   Factions at War (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1105)
-   -   Global Out of Character (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9375)

LuneMoonshadow 28th of May, 2008 09:58

Global Out of Character

The OOC for all players. This thread is not intended for specific faction information and should be used for very general questions that apply to all factions.

LuneMoonshadow 6th of June, 2008 00:47

Welcome! Here is the place to ask all your crazy questions. If it's a design question (not a character creation rule clarification, like whether or not you can take feat x) then you can use the design discussion thread as well. If you're not sure where it goes post it here and I'll move it to the other thread if need be. :)

Since we've already moved in can I get a post from everyone stating their Faction (post undecided if you're unsure). I don't care what your class combo is for this, as I'm just getting numbers for factions.

Tashalar 6th of June, 2008 00:51

Here! *raises hand*

Probably Renlock, not 100% sure yet though. :)

Zodiac 6th of June, 2008 00:51

Commonwealth FTW!

Drohem 6th of June, 2008 02:08

Military rank

I see you have a place for rank on the character sheet, and I'm assuming that means military rank.

Are you assigning our military rank, or can we make that up ourselves?

LuneMoonshadow 6th of June, 2008 02:12

It'll be a joint decision between the both of us. Your starting rank will be around Master Sergeant (or the equivalent rank if you're in WOE).

Scythe 6th of June, 2008 02:13

Faction: Undecided

Seyren Windsor 6th of June, 2008 05:47

Renlock!muahahahahaha!

I havent played a low magic campaign like this, though. my first campaign in recent years, the DM just didnt work magic in too much in terms of items, until the end when we got weapons that are so broken. :P

LuneMoonshadow 6th of June, 2008 06:50

I have also ruled that Dodge is +1 AC, no need to choose a target. That is just too much work for a low level feat.

And two more things.

1. Can everyone access the attachment (the character sheet) in the character creation rules post?

2. Before you all get too deep in character creation I would like to get a PM from you saying in very general terms what your background is.
Example: I'll be playing a rogue who is an unranked assassin serving for Kelt. He served as an assassin in the previous war and is now putting his still to use for the Prince. Though he despises the Prince he hates the King even more, so this is why he fights. I hail from the town of Trent where I grew up as a sailor but left those ways behind for a more lucrative career in the busy streets stealing from people. I eventually joined up with the military for the money and as I level up I plan to gain class levels in Assassin.

Zodiac 6th of June, 2008 07:08

I'm getting an error along the lines of 'you don't have permission to access that page' when I click on the link to the blank character sheet template in the character creation thread of the Commonweath forum.

Drohem 6th of June, 2008 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodiac (Post 313759)
I'm getting an error along the lines of 'you don't have permission to access that page' when I click on the link to the blank character sheet template in the character creation thread of the Commonweath forum.

Ditto.

Seyren Windsor 6th of June, 2008 08:27

Yeah, I get that same message...

LuneMoonshadow 6th of June, 2008 11:39

1 Attachment(s)
I am attaching the file here, and hopefully solving the link in the other threads simultaneously.

Kahluah 6th of June, 2008 22:27

Hey all - just signing in to say am still interested. Just tossing up a couple of concepts at the moment. Leaning towards the Commonwealth, but not 100% commited to the cause of neutrality yet...

Grognard 7th of June, 2008 06:41

I will be playing a paladin of the Planner of Battles.Having determined that King Garret's rebellion is a 'just war',he has ridden out to offer his services.
May I assume that multi-class restrictions are eased for Paladins,or will I eventually lose my Paladinhood?
Also may I use starting money to 'Upgrade' (weapons,armour etc) my troops,or to hire more numbers?

Tashalar 7th of June, 2008 06:44

You could go with the non-spellcasting variant for the paladin if you'd like. In that case you could go straight paladin. :)

Seyren Windsor 7th of June, 2008 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grognard (Post 313933)
I will be playing a paladin of the Planner of Battles.Having determined that King Garret's rebellion is a 'just war',he has ridden out to offer his services.
May I assume that multi-class restrictions are eased for Paladins,or will I eventually lose my Paladinhood?
Also may I use starting money to 'Upgrade' (weapons,armour etc) my troops,or to hire more numbers?

What on earth do you mean, Planner of Battles? and king garrets rebellion? you mean the princes? or do you mean that Renlocks desire to crush the rebellion is just?

you should ask these questions in the appropriate thread, man....

Drohem 7th of June, 2008 07:37

Seyren,
Did you not have your morning coffee? :D This is the appropriate thread to ask questions according to the GM. Prince Garrett has declared himself a king, so it's obvious what he meant. I am with you though when he mentioned 'Planner of Battles.' I have no idea what this means as well. However, there was no need for your response.

Grognard 7th of June, 2008 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tashalar (Post 313934)
You could go with the non-spellcasting variant for the paladin if you'd like. In that case you could go straight paladin. :)

Don't have the rules.

Quote:

What on earth do you mean, Planner of Battles? and king garrets rebellion
The Red Knight,also known as the Planner of Battles(deity)
'Prince' Garret has now taken the title of King(background).Paladin=Lawful remember?

Drohem 7th of June, 2008 07:44

Grognard,
The non-spell casting Paladin variant is in the Complete Warrior book.

Here is a link to a web site that has a lot of the books in PDF format.

http://dailyrevolver.com/2007/12/22/...-files-part-2/

Use as your conscious dictates or not.

Seyren Windsor 7th of June, 2008 07:45

This may be OOC, but i dont recoqnize garret as a king...Thats my story and I am sticking with it >.>;;

Though seriously, i got the names mixed up and thought you meant Garrets father was the one rebelling...Red Knight, is that one in Complete Warrior?

Drohem 7th of June, 2008 07:51

hehehe... I don't recognize him as legtimate king either, LOL!

I'd be interested seeing what book the Red Knight deity is in as well.

Grognard 7th of June, 2008 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drohem (Post 313953)
The non-spell casting Paladin variant is in the Complete Warrior book.

I'd be interested seeing what book the Red Knight deity is in as well.

Ta muchly.
Greyhawk.Ln,no nonsence minor war god.Promotes honorable behavior on the field,of prisoners,truces etc.

Drohem 7th of June, 2008 10:27

Ah ha! I new it sounded familiar once you mentioned it was a deity. Thanks! :)

Seyren Windsor 7th of June, 2008 12:27

Uh, I think we are using the standard Deities, so I do not think the Red Knight would exist here....