Online-Roleplaying.community

Online-Roleplaying.community (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cordrean (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1195)
-   -   Ooc (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7244)

My Fellow Gamers 19th of November, 2006 18:54

Ooc

I simply cannot believe I got to post before Link in his own game!
Can you remind us the character creation rules please Link.
All I seem to remember is level 5 in a city setting.

Kahluah 19th of November, 2006 20:04

*nods* Same here - level 5, city setting, and something about no races with more than 1 native HD available. Or some such.

Also, Link, just wondering what your position on being a Rogue/Psion would be? If I can't do that, then I'll probably go for a bard instead.

Linklegacy77 20th of November, 2006 07:46

Here are the rules:

No playing a race with more than 1 racial hit dice or a level adjustment (that is, no playing a race that would influence your ECL other than class level)

Allowed Sources:
phb, dmg, XPH, all 6 completes out, stormwrack, cityscape, dragon magic, magic of incarnum, tome of magic, phb 2, heroes of horror and battle, races of the wild, races of destiny, races of the dragon, weapons of legacy, all 4 monster manuals, fiend folio, FC1, and the spell compendium.

You may play anything from those sources, and use any of them as you want. If you have any questions, ask.

ECL 5, 30 point buy. 9,000 gold pieces per character, no more than 25 percent of which can be spent on any single item. That means the most expensive item you can purchase would be 2250 gold. Remember, you are in a city, so you should probobly either save money for inns and guild fees and the like, or possibly even buy a house.

All characters must decide on a social class for backround, lower, middle, or upper. There are various benefits and penalties from being part of each.

Here's the relevant information you must know as of now:

Upper class receives the following as permanent class skills-
Diplomacy, Knowledge (history), Knowledge (nobility and royalty), Ride, and Speak Language

Middle Class receives the following as permanent class skills-
Appraise, Craft, Profession, Knowledge (local), Knowledge (nobility and royalty)

Lower Class receives the following as permanent class skills-
Craft, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Knowledge (local), profession

You have exactly enough experience to reach level 5, if you spend any on crafting magic or psionic items, you will drop to level 4.

My Fellow Gamers 20th of November, 2006 08:52

Great! Let's get started on PC creation, I am going for what I said: mainly a fighter.

Skidrow 20th of November, 2006 10:37

Hey Link, what type of religion happens to be in this city? I'm pretty much done with my favored soul, but I'd like to know which deities are dominant before I get him all the way finished.

Linklegacy77 20th of November, 2006 10:48

There are several dominant churches that can be found in the city. Basically, just pick a god and I'll tell you where it fits in.

Skidrow 20th of November, 2006 10:53

Hmm... Corellon Larethian! Didn't see that one coming, did ya? Yeah, I have a sudden urge to play an elf.

And if that doesn't work, I'll fall back on St. Cuthbert...

Linklegacy77 20th of November, 2006 11:04

Corellon Larethian is not a dominant church in the city, but is an independant one. Temples can be found in the 2 Elf Districts and small ones can be found in the 3 temple districts.

Congregants to the temple of Corellon Larethian are required to tithe 5% of their income or volunteer 1 hour of their time per week. Formal members of the church (priests and such) are required to spend at least 20 hours per week devoted to religious and administrative duties for the church.

This is all quite basic, more details will later be given based upon your choice of a deity.

As for St. Cuthbert, the church for this deity is a dominant one in the city, and is quite powerful. Congregants who do not give 1 hour per week to the church must tithe 10% of their income to the church.

Skidrow 20th of November, 2006 11:11

I do believe that I'll go with St. Cuthbert, just because I realized how much I dislike D&D elves... I'm in the process of making my own variant that fits the Norse tone a bit better.

Linklegacy77 20th of November, 2006 11:16

You want to go with St. Cuthbert? Okay, I'll keep that in mind.

As this takes place in a metropolis, there are going to be an incredibly large amount of organizations, so don't expect me to type up info on all of them.

They fall into 4 different categories:

Houses- families and extended families that may sponsor particular adventurers

Guilds- An organization founded to protect the interests of a group of people who take part in the same general trade or activity.

Churches- religiously based organizations

Other- Ones that don't fit into those above.

My Fellow Gamers 20th of November, 2006 12:45

Is there slavery in the city?

Linklegacy77 20th of November, 2006 21:53

No.

Skidrow 21st of November, 2006 07:45

Uh, do you have a specific character sheet format that you want us to use? I'm close to being done with him, and would like to get him sometime today or tomorrow.

And where ya going MFG?

Linklegacy77 21st of November, 2006 09:47

Please, don't rush through your characters, there is an incredible amount of information you should take into account when creating them, much of which shall be put up by me over the next week or so.

Skidrow 21st of November, 2006 10:21

Okay...

Linklegacy77 21st of November, 2006 10:34

Some of the House information is up in the organizations thread.

The 5 most powerful houses in the city are also up, more will be coming.

(Anybody have an idea of how much work this particular city campaign actually is?)

Linklegacy77 21st of November, 2006 12:31

Contact rules are up.

My Fellow Gamers 21st of November, 2006 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skidrow

And where ya going MFG?

Russia first and Japan second. I am a bit concerned about the internet for the Russia part. Internet in Japan is a gimmie.....

Linklegacy77 22nd of November, 2006 07:29

The last of the important houses are up, more information is upcoming on other organizations and other things about the city.

As soon as I get a scanner (I'm getting one sometime over the next week) I'll scan a map of the city or two.

I've changed my mind about a ruling I had planned, anyone who comes from an upper class history can potentially begin as a member of a house. No character is permitted to be a patron of a house, but you might be married or born into the house, and thus an actual member.

Up next on my list of things to do is probobly more feats and recommended spells for city life, and then more organizations.

City laws are upcoming as well, and will have a large impact on your character building.

Linklegacy77 22nd of November, 2006 10:03

Kahluah, for a psion/rogue, you may want to consider the psychic rogue base class: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040723b

Linklegacy77 23rd of November, 2006 11:04

Basic Guild info is up in the organizations thread, and a guild list will be coming soon.

My Fellow Gamers 23rd of November, 2006 20:28

Quote:

City laws are upcoming as well, and will have a large impact on your character building.
Yes, yes they will.....

Kahluah 24th of November, 2006 01:06

I'm looking forward to the guild's list, as I'm thinking of going Half-orc Rogue (or some variant thereof), and am thinking that he works quietly for one of the Houses (i.e. is not one of their named employees), and is a member of the local thieves' guild.

Or something like that.

Skidrow 24th of November, 2006 01:40

My character may have to crack down on ya, being a favored sould of St. Cuthbert...

I'll just "happen to not see you..." ;)

Kahluah 24th of November, 2006 03:12

Who says he will tell everyone that he belongs to a thieves' guild? Or that he will tell -anyone-, for that matter? If I were going to do that, I might as well have sign lit up with a continuous flame spell saying "Arrest me!" above my head.... ;)