Online-Roleplaying.community

Online-Roleplaying.community (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marvel: Los Angeles (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1703)
-   -   [OOC] Visitor's Thread (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11103)

Shakespeare 12th of May, 2010 19:43

[OOC] Visitor's Thread

Any visitors to the game are welcome to post here with their opinions, or questions. If anyone wishes to apply to join the game after it begins, please post your intention here, and then send me a Forum Private Message with the following:
  • Full Character Statistics (including costs)
  • A full character history
  • A paragraph describing what the character looks like
  • A sample post for the character, allowing me chance to see what kind of poster you are, and how you bring your character to life
New characters should be made using the Character Creation rules in the Marvel Universe rulebook. All characters are expected to be inexperienced with their powers, and are relative unknowns to the world. Besides those restrictions, concepts are pretty open.

Thanos 13th of May, 2010 07:47

Thanos is lurking.

Krypton 14th of May, 2010 10:38

"Hi, police? Yes, I'd like to report someone lurking around my place? Oh ,that's not illegal? I should say Hi? I should be FRIENDLY? Okay. But my mom told me not to talk with strangers."

Hey Thanos. How's the lurking?

Lando The Archmagi 15th of May, 2010 01:18

I'm lurking as well, as I work on a concept/idea. Going to go see IM 2 today too for more inspiration. Also picked up several TPB last couple of days.

Thanos 15th of May, 2010 05:16

Lurking is fine.....current Marvel Comics history, not so good. I rarely keep up with the Earth Bound stuff, as I like Thanos, obviously, and more cosmic kinds of comics. Not to say that there haven't been some good runs in X-men, Superman/Batman, Supergirl, or Transformers.....did I mention I have all 80 original Transformer Comics and 1-12 of the Gen2 Transformers, with several Universe books and offshoots (not all of the british stuff though).

I even made a Transformer for MURPG (mind you it was a Transformers game!)

Krypton 15th of May, 2010 05:44

That's not as impressive/valuable as the lady I know who has the first 150 or so 'Uncanny X-Men' in her attic, but it is pretty awesome.

Shakespeare 15th of May, 2010 06:30

Iron Man 2 is awesome, and Robert is an excellent Tony Stark. :P

Krypton 15th of May, 2010 06:57

^^^ True story.

5Solas 16th of May, 2010 12:03

Shakespeare, I know that I sent you a character concept but I waited to re-submit until the ruleset had worked itself out. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the Marvel Universe books and am not deeply familiar with the intricate background. If you have the resources and/or time to help in character creation (or anyone lurking, for that matter), I'd love to join if you'd have me.

Shakespeare 16th of May, 2010 19:52

I'd be happy to offer help to you 5Solas. Just cobble together a concept that includes everything I've asked for (save stats). Then we can work those out together.

The system itself is really very simple, once you get over the initial "...pardon?" factor that comes with every alien system.

Thanos 18th of May, 2010 09:42

^------Is still lurking.

Krypton 18th of May, 2010 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanos (Post 372570)
^------Is still lurking.

And doing it quite admirably, I must say.

Shakespeare 19th of May, 2010 18:12

Okay, because of an act of stupidity on my part, I've deleted all of the messages in my inbox. This means that anyone who has sent me previous details and such will need to re-send them for me. Sorry for the mess up guys -- it's what happens when you habitually live on four hours of sleep.

Lando The Archmagi 19th of May, 2010 21:02

I'm still lurking too, but have been busy lately with RL so I've not read the story thus far.

Thanos 22nd of May, 2010 04:09

Good Luck Guys.

Ergonomic Cat 23rd of May, 2010 09:51

I'm posting an intention to write up a character to send for consideration to play a game that is on these boards run by Shakespeare who is a contemporary person not a playwright from the past who lived in England and wrote plays that people like to quote.

Whew, it is hard getting up to 200 words!

Shakespeare 23rd of May, 2010 17:35

...do I laugh, or smack you with a hard-cover copy of "The Complete Works"? :D

I'll be looking over your application tonight or tomorrow. Should be tonight.

Pantherine 1st of June, 2010 07:16

*perches atop a nearby building and lazily observes the gathering below*

Oh wait, this isn't the in-character thread? Darn.

Shakespeare 1st of June, 2010 21:43

No it is not. But we can always pretend. *cocks shotgun* You ready to pretend, Old Yeller?

Pantherine 2nd of June, 2010 09:53

Quit making idle threats and respond to my PMs!

Shakespeare 2nd of June, 2010 19:08

Yes ma'am... *hobbles away with a deflated ego*

Ergonomic Cat 3rd of June, 2010 05:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shakespeare (Post 374093)
Yes ma'am... *hobbles away with a deflated ego*

See, you could have chosen to focus on the word idle in that sentence and chosen to step it up. ;)

Pantherine 3rd of June, 2010 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ergonomic Cat (Post 374128)
See, you could have chosen to focus on the word idle in that sentence and chosen to step it up. ;)

He knew better than to do that :devious:

5Solas 9th of June, 2010 04:56

::silently curses the PM character limit::

Shakespeare 9th of June, 2010 05:03

I curse it too, on occasion. I'll give your FPM a look through asap, Solas. :)