Online-Roleplaying.community

Online-Roleplaying.community (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Red Hand of Doom (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1001)
-   -   RHoD OOC Thread (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5904)

treehouse 8th of April, 2006 01:11

RHoD OOC Thread

Guess what goes on in this thread?

Chris Chandler 8th of April, 2006 01:24

Wait - does the jelly go here? I never know...

Oh, uh - hey guys!

treehouse 8th of April, 2006 01:29

I prefer that you not explain where the 'jelly' goes...and hi :)

Mercutio 8th of April, 2006 02:06

Hi there.

Doombot 8th of April, 2006 04:37

Wazzup in da hizzy?

Waitaminute, what kind of jelly are we talking here? Grape? Strawberry? KY?

treehouse 8th of April, 2006 04:39

-clearly uncomfortable-

Sooo, how about that Eberron?

Doombot 8th of April, 2006 04:42

How 'bout that Eberron. Do they have any convenience stores?

Like, where I can buy some KY and some rubbers?

treehouse 8th of April, 2006 04:46

Don't be ridiculous.

Condoms are made of goat intestines in Eberron. -sheesh-

Doombot, do you mind if I post the transcripts of our Eberron emails here? Besides you, Chris Chandler is also an Eberron newbie, and I believe someone else...maybe it's just you two. But it'd still be easier to just continue all of that discussion here.

zachol 8th of April, 2006 07:17

Hey hey, I'm here.

I'm very interested in this game.

Also, I consider myself well enough versed in Eberron lore.
'specially Brelish stuff.

I've skimmed the adventure, once, so I'm vaguely aware of the plot.

But, don't despair, I'll be sure to get over to Barnes & Noble to buy and examine it.

Did I say buy and examine? I meant totally ignore.
Yeah, that's it.

And you trust us to roll our own abilities? Wow, I thought you were smart, Jon-Jon. ;)

I'll come up with a concept soon.

Likely a ranger, or a rogue/bard like product.

Or maybe I could be stupid and try out something I have no ability with and totally suck at... like a wizard!
Would this be a bad game to "learn wizard" in?
Treehouse? Merc? Other players with a stake in their character's well-being?

Oh hey, it's Doombot. Don't think I've been in a game with you yet... should be fun.

And a hello to people I don't quite know.

Hi!
*waves*

Mercutio 8th of April, 2006 08:05

Yes, we trust you to roll your own abilities. It will need slightly higher power than normal, and that stat rolling method is typically the one I use in my home games that need higher power. You're all competent gamers, or else we wouldn't have invited you.

zachol 8th of April, 2006 08:14

Cool. I'll be sure to not abuse your trust. :)

Edit: I just noticed I only have one d6 at the moment.

2nd edit: A d6 that I really like. Really really like. I'm putting this thing somewhere.
(2 17s, and at least one 6 for each stat.)

Other thing... how do you think this "dual DM" thing is going to work?

Mercutio 8th of April, 2006 08:59

Treehouse and I are envisioning a trade-off between chapters. We'll trade off mapping and switch between NPCs and exposition. It will give both of us a chance to do both major DM tasks.

In answer to your question directly - it really gives the two of us a chance to play off ideas and trade responsibility, which will do two things: keep us from burning out and trade off individual tasks so that we can share the workload.

zachol 8th of April, 2006 09:08

Well played.

However, if I was DMing, I would slightly fear it delaying the game further, due to DM intercommunication.

But yeah, no burnout is good.

Mercutio 8th of April, 2006 09:17

I'm not so worried that will be a problem. Treehouse and I have communicated quite well up to this point through email, posts, PMs, and all kinds of other methods.

Doombot 8th of April, 2006 13:07

Tree, by all means, post whatever you think would help. That goes for you too Merc, should you feel so inclined.

What's up zachol? I'm looking forward to this game meself: looking over the list of invitees seems to indicate that there's a helluva lot of talent at the table. Shoot, throw in Lune, Utgardloki and Biff, and it's like a fantasty football team. :)

Chris Chandler, Chris Chandler...would you be CEChandler from 3ebb? Kind of a stretch, I know... ;)

Any idea when the start date might be? I know that there was some mention of 'mid to late spring,' but anything else than that? My finals week is the first week of may. I've only got two that I really need to study for, so if they're done early on, I can devote a fair amount of time to this. Just wondering if there's a tenative start time so I can plan somewhat ahead.

Edit: Thought of another question. What sorts of religions are there? I know that gods are more removed than Faerunian gods, but what other differences are there? Should I stick with PHB/CD gods for now? Is non/general believer acceptable?

treehouse 8th of April, 2006 14:00

Yeah, I am actually really looking forward to this co-DMing thing. The novelty of it will will probably take at least a couple of years to wear off, and since this is a mega-module, having a method to avoid burnout will be nice.

Doombot - I think we'd both prefer not to have the generic or Faerunian deities in this game. We aren't necessarily afraid to stray from Eberron canon, but don't want to do it unless it's really necessary. There are many good religious movements to choose from in Eberron lore. Here's a quick run down (I'll detail the pantheons more thoroughly tomorrow, it's late right now and I'm going to bed in a minute):

The Sovereign Host is a pantheon that consists of eight neutral or good deities whom many cultures worship in one form or another. They include a god of magic, a god of agriculture, a god of war, a god of community, a god of wilderness, a god of the forge...and a few others that I can't recall right now.

The Dark Six is a pantheon that consists of six (duh) evil or close enough to evil deities whom many cultures worship in one form or another. They include a bunch of sick, nasty mofos, and one really ambiguous one.

The Church of the Silver Flame is the primary religion of Thrane (one of the Five Nations). It's widespread in other countries, and is all about exorcising evil, purifying the landscape of dangerous creatures such as lycanthropes, and so on. They include a large amount of zealots, but most worshippers are pretty moderate folks. Corrupt Silver Flame priests are so common in Eberron games that they are really the first cliche native to the setting. The organization is Lawful Good as a whole, however.

The Blood of Vol is a religion that worships the sanctity of blood and eternal life through undeath. It's a common practice in Karrnath, and was the national religion for a while.

The Path of Light is a relatively small religious movement among the kalashtar. It has many worshippers among that demographic, but since most kalashtar are psionic wielders, clerics of the Path of Light are rare indeed.

The Cults of the Dragon Below are evil bastards who worship demons, aberrations and worse (well, maybe not worse...but you get the idea).

Am I forgetting one? There are several different unique druid sects as well. Druids are very cool in Eberron.

SPQR Anarchy 8th of April, 2006 14:29

Alright, a full house. Howdy all. Everyone here is familiar so this should rock.

I think I might want to be a forged bruiser or somethin equally cool

Rob.

SPQR Anarchy 8th of April, 2006 16:42

I got my character started. I need another feat and some equipment but the bulk of it is there.

His name is IED(thats right Improvised Explosive Device) - a warforged barbarian. He's in the roster. Take a look and offer suggestions.

So..uhh... anyone wanna play an artificer and have a complementary kick arse time???

What is the rank system going to be for the unit... This forged doesn't have any "rights" yet so it needs to know who to take orders from.

Mercutio 8th of April, 2006 21:11

Quote:

Any idea when the start date might be? I know that there was some mention of 'mid to late spring,' but anything else than that? My finals week is the first week of may. I've only got two that I really need to study for, so if they're done early on, I can devote a fair amount of time to this. Just wondering if there's a tenative start time so I can plan somewhat ahead.
Not yet. I still need to shell out the cash for the module itself which won't be till later this month at the earliest. We were thinking of early-mid May. That gives you time to really get down and dirty building characters, establishing character interactions and gives us time to start maps and discuss the exact details of the campaign as we see it.

I hope you guys are as excited as we are. I don't think I've done much real work since Treehouse came to me with the idea.

treehouse 8th of April, 2006 23:52

SPQR, I.E.D. looks like a cool concept. Noticed one thing right off the bat, though - barbarians can't be lawful. Other than that, looks like it's shaping up nicely.

For a 6th level feat, may I humbly recommend 'Power Attack'?

SPQR Anarchy 9th of April, 2006 02:26

I just never use that feat. I changed the alignment - I really just wanted to make it clear he was obidient.

Cool feats and equipment. I need em.

zachol 9th of April, 2006 03:57

Alright, I have an idea.

An........ Aundairian Wizard!
Female Human, likely specialize in... something.

Don't think that's how you spell Aundairian.

Hmm... 'house, you should expect to get a lot of emails for help.

treehouse 9th of April, 2006 06:35

If by 'Aundarian Wizard' you mean 'Brelish Wizard', then yes, that's good. Remember, this is a Breland-themed party, and Breland is at war with Aundair in 986 YK. So Aundarian characters are a no-no.

Doombot 9th of April, 2006 06:51

Looks pretty sweet. Kinda reminds me of that King Arthur movie, or Tears of the Sun. Absolutely badasses.

zachol 9th of April, 2006 07:22

No no, that's the point. Whatever her name is originally comes from Aundair, but is, at the moment, fighting for... oh whatever.

I need to look at my last war history slightly closer.
I was thinking I could make it work, but eh.