Online-Roleplaying.community

Online-Roleplaying.community (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1233)
-   -   Combat Thread: OOC (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5821)

Lando The Archmagi 23rd of March, 2006 04:19

Combat Thread: OOC
 
I'll be recording some game rolls/stats/info here.

Lando The Archmagi 23rd of March, 2006 04:38

Horror Factor Saves
 
Vs Tharnos and his demon horde

Drake-failed rolled natural 1
Steve-Rolled 18+3 = 21 success!
Suki-succeeded, rolled 18+2 = 20!
Lamar-failed, rolled natural 1.
Sir Firestorm-succeeded (natural 20)
Mysty-succeeded (14+4 = 18)
Marcus-Succeeded
Various MercTown soldiers-failed, rolled natural 1's

TocRat05 24th of March, 2006 12:23

" You aim and fire and the bursts hits a field that glimmers around the Baal-Rog."

Did it appear as if the field did not weaken at all or did it look like the laser had no effect?

Second question, what is the order of initiative?

Lando The Archmagi 31st of March, 2006 12:25

Initiative
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TocRat05
Did it appear as if the field did not weaken at all or did it look like the laser had no effect? Second question, what is the order of initiative?

Looks like the laser had no effect.

Order of Initiative
Sir Firestorm-charges Baal-Rog
Drake-lost first action due to HF, stunned, penalties
Baal-Rog
Steve
Suki
Gallu Demons
Marcus
Mysty
Gargoyles flying in Air
Larmar-lost first action due to HF, stunned, penalties
SpiteFire piloted by Techno-Wizard
MercTown Defenders and other members of the city fighting
Relentless-getting in his Glitter Boy?
Gurgoyles

Tamarind 31st of March, 2006 17:32

Drake raises his Mind Block, shoulders his rifle and charges the demon, slashing with his magical blade and auto-dodging the thing's attacks.

(even more) OOC - Just thought, if we're only doing one action per post as it were then Drake's is clearly just "be terrified" as he has the demon flashback, the rest will start on his next action

TocRat05 1st of April, 2006 00:10

On Steve's turn in the initiative que he will place his Wilk's 457 in the hover jeep and reach for his mini-railgun from the hover jeep. He will also use the radio in his helmet to send a quick message to the team while he his switching weapons.

Lando The Archmagi 1st of April, 2006 03:28

Sir Firestorm charges Baal-Rog and swings his psi-sword against the Baal-Rog's Runesword.

The Baal-Rog parries and swings back and Sir Firestorm parries/blocks with his Psi-Shield.

Tarna grabs a heavy railgun (using her bionic arm for leverage) and opens up a clip of whoop ass on the Baal-Rog

Steve changes weapons and is ready to go for action #2.

Drake curses demons as he quakes in his boots this action.

Suki up next.

chalice 2nd of April, 2006 23:44

Seeing that John's psi-sword seems to connect, Suki also switches to her mental arsenal.

Slinging her rifle back into place, she concentrates on producing her own psi-sword and psi-shield, intending to move in and combine her attack with Sir Firestorm's.

[6D6 MD psi-sword; MDC80 psi-shield; WP: sword]


Always on: Sixth Sense, gives +6 initiative, +2 parry, +3 Dodge for 1st round. Cannot be surprised by sneak attack from behind if power kicks in. Mind Block Auto-Defence, automatically snaps into place if her mind is under telepathic/empathic probes or attacks. Total Recall, duration permanent; must be engaged to attempt retrieval

Lando The Archmagi 6th of April, 2006 01:05

Suki charges into melee with the great Baal-Rog and swings as he tries to parry her psi-sword.

Suki: 19+7+2 (wp sword per RUE) = 28!
Tharnos: Natural 20+10= 30!

He parries her attack.

Next up are the Gallu Demons and Marcus and Mysty!

TocRat05 6th of April, 2006 03:30

This might seem a silly question but where are we on the init? Now that Suki has acted whose action is next? Steve?

Lando The Archmagi 6th of April, 2006 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by TocRat05
This might seem a silly question but where are we on the init? Now that Suki has acted whose action is next? Steve?

See my previous post..

ROUND 1, ACTION 1

next up are the Gallu Demons and Marcus and Mysty!

Thanos 6th of April, 2006 06:34

Unless otherwise specified Mysty will be flying/gliding from one building to the next taking pot shots at flying enemies while trying to stay untargetable. In two to three melee's she hopes to be behind the Baal-Rog's main forces where she can surprise them with a 6 missle volley on the Baal-Rog himself...this is also hopefully going to kill him.

TocRat05 6th of April, 2006 10:24

I was just checking as I was unclear. The init order as I understood it from your previous post was: Order of Initiative
Sir Firestorm-charges Baal-Rog
Drake-lost first action due to HF, stunned, penalties
Baal-Rog
Steve
Suki
Gallu Demons
Marcus
Mysty
Gargoyles flying in Air
Larmar-lost first action due to HF, stunned, penalties
SpiteFire piloted by Techno-Wizard
MercTown Defenders and other members of the city fighting
Relentless-getting in his Glitter Boy?
Gurgoyles

So you can understand my confusion...
Whose up next?

Lando The Archmagi 7th of April, 2006 01:11

Initiative in Rifts is a action/reaction sort of thing, everyone takes the first melee action, then their second etc.

Currently its Round 1, Action 1

I'm upto Mysty and the Gargoyles/MercTown's aerial defenders who I'll be rolling for today/tonight.

Orange-ground combatants who have gone.
Red-Ground combatants who've not gone yet
Blue-Aerial combatants currently going
Light Green-all the misc MercTown defenders/citizens and innocents either helping or getting slaughtered.

Order of Initiative
Sir Firestorm-charges Baal-Rog
Drake-lost first action due to HF, stunned, penalties
Baal-Rog
Steve
Suki
Gallu Demons
Marcus

Mysty
Gargoyles flying in Air
Larmar-lost first action due to HF, stunned, penalties
SpiteFire piloted by Techno-Wizard
MercTown Defenders and other members of the city fighting (some on ground/some in the air)
Relentless-getting in his Glitter Boy? <- waiting on him to post his pc and give me his actions.
Gurgoyles


Does this help? :)

chalice 7th of April, 2006 01:16

Thanks - that gave me at least a clearer picture of the various groups involved and where we are up to :)

And I got to play with my psi-sword. Yay!

RelentlessNight 7th of April, 2006 03:51

Markus is firing up his Glitter Boy and getting a read on all the targets, piloting the Glitter Boy to behind some buildings for cover with just the snout of his Boom Gun protruding gleaming in the sunlight.

Taking aim at any Gallu harassing the MercTown defenders and firing. (+3 to strike)

EDIT: I noticed that Lando can roll for people and I'd like to take that option as well :)

Thanos 7th of April, 2006 08:07

RelentlessNight,

Erm, your + to strike should be something like 7....the sensors and gun both give bonuses and if you make your Weapon Systems roll you should get another +1.

RelentlessNight 7th of April, 2006 09:58

It has been a long time since I've played Rifts unfortunately, so I am unfamiliar with the rules. What bonuses apply to ranged attacks? Hand to Hand is easy to work out. Do Hand to Hand bonuses apply? If so, is it the combed bonsues from both Physical and Robat Combat Elite? How about PP? The GB's sensor package provides a +2 to strike, the +1 was from the weapon systems roll.

Thanos 7th of April, 2006 12:56

You should get +3 aimed shot, +2 GB Sensors, +1 WP Systems, +? for RCE....whatever those add up to.... :-)

chalice 7th of April, 2006 17:54

um, are we all about to become deaf, too? Or will our armour help?

RelentlessNight 7th of April, 2006 22:18

Protective body armor and power armor will provide some protection, the boom radius is 200 feet. Lando said I was on the edge of town, so hopefully the distance is great enough. Without any protection, its -8 initative and -3 parry/dodge for 2D4 minutes. Unfortunately, body/power armor only reduces the stun to 1D4 minutes with the same penalties.

Tamarind 8th of April, 2006 02:55

Yeah, GB's just weren't designed for close-quarters team play - but they are very cool :nod:

chalice 8th of April, 2006 02:56

And they're SHINY:roll:

TocRat05 8th of April, 2006 18:57

Hey everyone! I just got back in from the field. What level is the GB? That will also factor in to his bonus to hit.

RelentlessNight 9th of April, 2006 07:35

lvl 4


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 03:02.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren