Online-Roleplaying.community

Online-Roleplaying.community (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/index.php)
-   Finished Adventures (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1441)
-   -   Scenario 4 (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7113)

hedgeknight 25th of October, 2006 04:47

Scenario 4
 
1 Attachment(s)
Scenario 4, Intro: Bounty of the Bitch Queen

Blood runs down your throat as you tear into the boar’s neck, ripping flesh and crushing bone. The smell of death fills your nostrils and sends pleasurable shivers along your spine. You like the raw feeling of power as you ravage your prey. Throwing back your head, you howl long and deep, basking in the glow of the full moon.
But...when your attention returns to your prey, you are stunned to see that in place of the boar, a young woman lies bloodied and torn in the grass. Her blue eyes have a faded glaze and they stare at you accusingly.

Bra’kan jerks awake and sits upright so fast that he bangs his head on the bunk above him. Lightning flashes through the portholes briefly illuminating the dark cabin where he and his companions have stayed for the last week. The storm has been brewing for days and now it has hit it seems. The room is spinning and his stomach is churning as he fights to keep down his supper. Shaking his head, he tries to clear his mind of the vision of the dead girl, even as he tries to ignore the taste of blood in his mouth. He looks around and sees that none of his companions are in the cabin. Cursing, he hurriedly dresses and heads for the deck…and for open air.
Three weeks ago, Bra’kan and his companions were welcomed by Waterdeep, the City of Splendors. Or more like they were welcomed by the patrons of the city, eager for their gold and silver. And the companions enjoyed their rewards of their labor as much as possible. But after a week or so, the itch to be on the move became so strong that they decided to find a ship heading to sea and allow the gods to lead them to their next destination.
The ship they found was the Orca – a sturdy cog ran by a gruff, yet amicable Dwarf named Captain Squint. Squint has sailed the Sword Coast for many years, building the reputation of being a reliable transporter of goods and services. He knows the waters from Luskan to Amn like the back of his hand, and is said to be familiar with the Whalebone Isles as well. This run will take Squint all the way to dark port of Luskan, but the companions bought passage as far as Neverwinter, the first stop along the way. Five silver was the fee and Captain Squint was glad to have the extra swords. Like he said, “Ye never know what bounty the sea holds. And she might try to share it with ye whether ye want it or no!”
And as Bra’kan stepped out onto the rain-lashed deck of the Orca in the wee hours before dawn on their tenth day at sea, little did he know that some of that “bounty” was about to be poured out upon Squint and his crew.

“Harvest tide storms are the worst!” Squint yells to a soaked and chilled Mirko who is standing with him in the sterncastle. “And this ol’ girl don’t like ‘em one bit!” the Captain yells again, struggling to keep the wheel on course.
Mirko shields his face against the cold, pelting rain and tries to spy his companions, hoping they followed the Captain’s orders and tied themselves to the deck railing. The last time he saw Veit, the Dwarf had staggered on deck just long enough to empty his gust upon its dark worn wood. The staunch priest of Chauntea seems more at home on solid ground than on the deck of a ship on the turbulent waters off the Sword Coast.
“We need to get a sounding!” Squint yells into the wind and rain and from the darkness a sailor appears and heads off at a stumbling run toward the railing.
“What are you doing, Captain?” Mirko yells, trying to be heard over the flapping of sails and straining of rigging.
“We’re damn close to the Redcliffs and I don’t want to run aground!” Squint replies, straining at the wheel. “C’mere and hold this for me!”
Mirko grabs the massive steering wheel and holds on for dear life. Squint jams a stubby finger at the barbarian and yells, “Don’t let ‘er go or the wind will cap us!”
Mirko nods, muscles straining, and bats rain out of his eyes as Squint disappears into the storm. And almost as soon as the captain is gone, Bra’kan staggers up to the sterncastle, staring incredulously at Mirko.
“Damn my eyes! How’d you get the wheel?” Bra’kan asks, nearly falling as the ship suddenly dips and pitches to the left.
“Squint gave it to me!” Mirko replies, shaking the water from his face and trying to stave off the queasiness in his gut. “Where’s Veit and Almego?”
“Don’t know – just came up top myself! I’ll go check on ‘em!” Bra’kan replies and disappears into the gale.
The wind continues to howl and the rain continues to lash the Orca, turning the seas to 10-foot swells. And Mirko hangs on for all he can…and then suddenly, Squint is back at his side and taking the wheel again. One look and the barbarian knows something is wrong. “What is it?” he asks.
Squint screws up his mouth and then bares his teeth, and says, “We’ve cleared the Redcliffs, but the storm is getting worse. I don’t know if we can clear it without losing the mast! The Bitch Queen is having her fun with us! Somebody on board must have royally pissed her off! And if I find the sorry bastard, I’m gonna hurl ‘im into her lap!”
Mirko nods and looks off into the storm, trying to find his companions, and thinks back on the prayers that Veit offered before they left Waterdeep. But he remembers more vividly the simple ceremony that Captain Squint held on the forecastle on the evening of their first day at sea. How he tossed a handful of gold and a lovely sapphire pendant into the waters, asking Umberlee, the Bitch Queen for safe travel. Guess she wasn’t listening too well that day.

For the one hundredth time this morning, Almego asks himself again why he signed on for this voyage. Waterdeep had been good to him, but his drive to cleanse his hardened soul pushed him onward in his quest for revenge and answers. The storm is getting worse and every time Almego looks out into the choppy waters, he somehow sees his brother’s arrogant face and hears is mocking voice. But it is another voice that jerks him from his thoughts.
“I said help me with this rope!” a sailor yells in his ear, struggling with the rope attached to the depth finder. “Are ye deaf?”
“Sorry,” Almego mutters, his reply blown away by the wind. He leans over the railing and grabs hold of the rope and pulls. The rope seems to be weighted down by something very heavy. “What’ve you got on the end of this? A barrel of rocks?” Almego complains, grunting with effort.
“It’s just the damn depth finder!” the sailor retorts. “Don’t know why it’s so damned heav…urk!” The sailor’s words cut off abruptly and he staggers back from the railing. Almego looks at the man and then his eyes are drawn to the black crossbow bolt protruding from the man’s chest!
Movement catches his eye and he looks down at the water to see that what weighed down the depth finder is not a barrel of rocks – but a sahuagin instead! The sea devil spies the human gaping at him and hisses gleefully as it lunges upward and grabs onto the railing.
Almego staggers backward as shouts of alarm rise all over the deck. “Sea Devils!” comes the cry from more than one mouth and over it all can be heard Captain Squint shouting, “All hands! All hands! Repel the devils lads! Don’t let ‘em take ye alive!”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Finally got the map uploaded! :cool: Time to post actions for the first round of combat. Would it help if I listed order of initiative? Also, akiko, I can drop Babelson in at any time - just let me know.
-g-

Belkregos 26th of October, 2006 09:57

Mirko grabs his great sword and bracing himsf as best he can brings it down with all its weigh on the nearest sea devil, he thinks he needs to finish him quickly so he can go to the upper deck

Great Sword (+7, 2d6+6, 19-20/x2)

generaljimX 26th of October, 2006 10:11

"Let's get dese bastar's offa da ship," Veit hollers between gags. He swings his shield onto his left arm, drawing his morningstar with his right. He runs full force at the nearest sea devil, pushing as hard as he, putting all his weight into it, to knock the damned thing back into the depths.

OOC: Draw shield and morningstar. Charge/bullrush the saugin to his left on the map. Failing to knock it off, attack with the morningstar until the saugin is dead or I am outnumbered in melee

Noocytx 26th of October, 2006 12:05

"AXING TIME" Bra'kan heaves his axe in the air, drawing on the power of the waves to help him in the battle. He runs towards the bow of the ship and begins to chop away at the sea creature as he tries to climb aboard.

OOC: Move to bow of ship, attack creature(s).
Attack +8, 1d8+6
Full Attack +6/+6, 1d8+4 / 1d8+2

hedgeknight 29th of October, 2006 23:31

Scenario 4, Quick Post 1
 
1 Attachment(s)
Scenario 4, Quick Post 1: Sea of Devils!
Initiative Order: Mirko (24), Almego (15), Veit (12), Captain Squint & crew (12), Bra'kan (10), Sahuagin (7)

Without saying a word, Mirko grabs his great sword and bracing himself as best he can brings it down with all its weight on the nearest sea devil. The mighty chop nearly cuts the sahuagin’s head clean off (D18), and Mirko is already turning toward the upper deck as the sea devil dies at his feet. The barbarian takes the stairs two at a time and arrives on the sterncastle just as two sea devils climb over the railing.
He meets one head on, catching the sea devil off-guard, and cutting it down with the greatsword (D11). He flinches in surprise as a bolt whizzes so close by his head that its fletching scratches his face! He turns to see Squint struggling against the wheel and a massive sea devil charging him across the sterncastle!

"Let's get dese bastar's offa da ship," Veit hollers between gags. He swings his shield onto his left arm, drawing his morningstar with his right, and runs full force at the nearest sea devil. He slams into the creature, pushing as hard as he can, putting all his weight into it, but cannot knock the damned thing back into the depths.
The sahuagin hisses as the dwarf’s attack causes it to drop its trident. And then it slashes at Veit with its talons, raking the priest across the shoulder and neck (D4). “Bastar’!” Veit curses, bringing his morningstar down on the sahuagin’s head, knocking out most of it’s teeth and staggering it back against the railing (D8).
The sahuagin gives a raspy battle cry and leaps at the dwarven priest, clawing and biting. Veit manages to get his shield up to stave off the sea devil’s teeth, but the creature rakes him across the back again before Veit pushes it off (D4).
“CHAUNTEA!” Veit roars as he steps to the left and brings his morningstar around, smashing the sahuagin in the neck and head, killing it instantly (D8).

"AXING TIME!" Bra'kan roars as he heaves his axe in the air, drawing on the power of the waves to help him in the battle. He runs towards the bow of the ship and is about to chop away at the sea creature climbing aboard, but he trips over the top step and goes sprawling. The sea devil leaps over the railing and brings a trident down at the barbarian attempting to pin him to the steps. But Bra’kan knocks the prongs aside and swings the Orc axe upward, catching the sea devil in the back and snapping its spine (D13)! The dead sea devil falls atop Bra’kan, but the barbarian heaves it off of him and climbs to his feet. He hurries up the steps toward the forecastle in time to see Veit drop his foe, but to Bra’kan’s surprise, there are sahuagin everywhere! And two of them are trying to figure out how to arm and fire the ballista!

And standing near the railing is a larger and stronger sea devil, barking orders it seems. The creature wields a gleaming trident and grins maliciously when he sees Veit and Bra’kan. Spinning the trident into his muscular hands, the large sea devil charges!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Almego – 19/19
Bra’kan – 35/35
Mirko – 39/39
Veit – 25/17

Morning fellers! Take a look at the map and give me two to three rounds of actions. No actions this time for Almego, but I'll add something next post - hoping to hear from elmer_jok before I do that.
akiko - it's not too late to jump in - maybe ol' Babelson is snoozing below deck? Let me know if you want in.
Next action post > Monday!
-g-

Belkregos 31st of October, 2006 05:58

Mirko moves to intercept the sea devil charging Squint, not a second though given to the already fallen enemies, with a quick glance sizing the combat situation, he needs to free up the captain so he can maneuver the ship, needs to finish up fast do he can go down and help his comrades,
clean the upper deck and continue the fight on the main,
sure of the out come, he’s thinking of his following movements, as he swings down his great sword, he’ll jump to the main deck cutting down see devils as he moves fast towards the ballista and what looks like to be the leader of the see devils
but he needs to clean up here first

Noocytx 31st of October, 2006 07:03

Seeing the sea devil charge, Bra'kan tries to step in the way. "Bring it on, water devil." He gives his axe a swing to further his threatening, and stands ready as the devil charges. Before he puts his axe in motion, he lets out a bloodthirst roar, and then Bra'kan swings his axe in a circular motion and attemps to cut him apart with both of the heads of the axe. After finishing the charging devil, he attempts to cut down any sahaugin in his path.

OOC: Rage
Attack +10, 1d8+9
Full Attack +8/+8, 1d8+6 / 1d8+3

generaljimX 31st of October, 2006 07:56

"May Chauntea protect me and my allies this day, and continue our worship of plant's and all things good!" Veit bellows out, hardly hearable on other decks due to the storm and battle, but offering his bonus to all regardless. He then moves toward the leader, attempting to bash hi....its skull in during the process.

OOC: Cast Bless. Move toward "leader" and attack until he drops.

elmer_jok 31st of October, 2006 12:22

Look at this mess I've gotten myself into, definately should have stayed in Waterdeep. Now it looks like I'm in Deep-Water. Almego pulls forth his wand and casts the spell from it, hoping it will bring some protection in the coming battle. Looks like Bra'kan and Viet are in trouble. "I'm coming!" he yells at the dwarf and half-orc then heads that way while pulling a rope from his pack. They'll love this trick. he thinks to himself while getting ready to use his magic and turn the 'tide' of the battle.

OOC: Cast shield, pull silk rope and head towards the captains part of the deck. When I arrive above deck I look for the biggest and throw the rope at him, casting animate rope and try to anchor him to something. Regardless of the success of this manuever I will follow up with casting Ray of Enfeeblement at the same creature.

also... sorry for my delay guys.

hedgeknight 1st of November, 2006 01:06

Quick Post 2
 
1 Attachment(s)
Scenario 4, Quick Post 2: Sea Devil Rally!
Initiative Order: Mirko (24), Almego (15), Veit (12), Captain Squint & crew (12), Bra'kan (10), Sahuagin (7)

Mirko moves to intercept the sea devil charging Squint, not a second thought given to the already fallen enemies. With a quick glance he sizes up the combat situation and knows he needs to free up the captain so he can maneuver the ship; needs to finish up fast do he can go down and help his comrades.
Confident and sure of the outcome, Mirko swings down with his greatsword, cleaving the sahuagin’s left arm nearly off! (D15) The creature screams in agony and lunges at Mirko, leading with its trident. Mirko brings the greatsword down, deflecting the trident, and then brings the blade overhead and chops down again, splitting the sahuagin’s skull and face! (D15). As the beast drops lifeless to the deck, Mirko glances at Captain Squint and nods.
“Damnation, boy! I’m gonna have to hire you on full time after this!”
Mirko grins and turns to hurry down the steps to the main deck to continue the fight.

Look at this mess I've gotten myself into, definitely should have stayed in Waterdeep. Now it looks like I'm in Deep-Water. Almego pulls forth his wand and casts the spell from it, hoping it will provide some protection. He looks up to see the sahuagin closing in on his companions and he knows he must act. Looks like Bra'kan and Viet are in trouble. "I'm coming!" he yells at the dwarf and half-orc then heads that way while pulling a rope from his pack. They'll love this trick! He thinks to himself while getting ready to use his magic and turn the 'tide' of the battle.
Already the crew of the Orca is in dire straits, more than half are dead or dying, but they have not gone down without a fight – only a handful of sahuagin remain.


"May Chauntea protect me and my allies this day, and continue our worship of plants and all things good!" Veit bellows out, hardly hearable on other decks due to the storm and battle. His holy symbol flashes briefly as he steps toward the sahuagin leader, hefting his morningstar.
Bra’kan has already stepped up to meet the sea devil’s charge and Veit hears him shout, “Bring it on, water devil!” as he waves his axe threateningly. The sahuagin gladly complies and Bra’kan lets out a bloodthirsty roar, going into a rage as he attacks. Swinging his axe in a circular motion, he slashes the big sea devil across the chest (D11), pivots and hacks the beast in the ribs (D8), cracking ribs and staggering it. The sahuagin roars and driving the trident deep in Bra’kan’s gut! (D14) With a grunt, the massive sahuagin heaves the barbarian to the left, sending him crashing through the railing! (D2)
Bra’kan cries out and swings the Orc axe with all his might…and by the luck of the gods, manages to bury the axe deep into the edge of the deck to keep himself from plunging into the ocean. (OOC: You’re one lucky mofo! You owe Veit for that Bless spell!)
Seeing his companion hanging on for dear life, Veit knows he must end this quickly. Gritting his teeth, he swings his morningstar with all his strength, but the sahuagin leader knocks it aside with its gleaming trident. The sea devil quickly jerks the trident toward Veit, who manages to duck the weapon, but then surprisingly, the trident glows and the sea devil attacks again! The prongs bite deep into Veit’s side (D11) and the stout dwarf staggers from the blow.

Just then, the sahuagin figure out how to fire the heavy ballista on the forecastle. The large bolt bursts from the ballista and careens off the mast…and smashes into the side of the wheel, sending Captain Squint flying! The Dwarf captain comes up bleeding from splinters and cussing a blue streak and the Orca begins to drift wildly, tossed by the storm. “Man the lifeboats! She’s out of control! Save yerselves, lads! Save yerselves!”
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Almego – 19/19 (Spells in effect: Shield & Bless)
Bra’kan – 35/19 (Spells in effect: Bless) & hanging on for dear life!
Mirko – 39/39
Veit – 25/6 (Spells in effect: Bless) & facing death...again!

Morning fellers! Wanted to get this out to you because I may be heading out of town tomorrow (a good buddy lost his dad to cancer and the funeral will likely be Thursday/Friday). I know you had some more actions posted, but I figured, in light of the events of the post, you may want to revise or post something new. Here's your chance. Oh, it's looking bad for the Orca. "Despite the efforts of the fearless crew, the Orca might be lost! The Orca might be lost!" Everybody sing! LOL
Talk to me fellers - glad you're still with us EJ!
-g-

generaljimX 1st of November, 2006 07:55

Damned creatures of the deep! May Chauntea smite you at a later time....I knew I should have stayed on land.....

With those thoughts, Veit takes a slight step backward, and lets out another calling to his diety. "With the blessing of Chauntea, may my foes be imprisoned in vines, to go down with the ship, and not be able to cause any more mischif." He then defends himself, attacking any sea devils that come close, or chucking javalins at those that he can't reach....The strong first.

OOC: 5-foot-step and cast Entangle. Attack any saugin that come in range. If none come in range, throw javalins, strongest targeted first.

Noocytx 1st of November, 2006 09:40

"Damn Devils" Bra'kan roars. He slowly pulls himself back up and goes after the nearest devil first.

"You think you can stop me, I am Bra'kan, wolf-slayer and hin saver. Fear me, for your death comes by my AXE!"

OOC: Pull self up, charge nearest creature, attack rest of time.

Charge: +12, 1d8+9
Attack +10, 1d8+9
Full Attack +8/+8, 1d8+6 / 1d8+3

elmer_jok 1st of November, 2006 16:54

Almego, seeing two sea devils blocking his path to the top deck, quickly pulls forth his trusty oak quarterstaff and spins it into a fighting position. From the way he handles the thing, he obviously knows how to get the fullest out of his weapon. Taking slow careful steps towards the beasts he thinks to himself if I survive this battle and make it to dry land again, I'll make sure I never take a boat anywhere again. When he reaches the first sea devil he swirls the large staff around into a two handed swing that would kill a lesser being. As the sea devils engage him in staff-to-claw & tooth melee he switches the position of his hands to the center of the staff, thereby staving off both his opponents with either end of his weapon. "Viet, get your back to a railing and hold them off best you can! I'm coming!" he yells over the sound of the raging storm and battle all around him.

(ooc: quickdraw quarterstaff then move and attack the sahaugin on the left, positioning himself an equal distance from both atop the steps. On the second, or even third round (if you play that many out before I post next) I'll go into two-weapon fighting style, trying to put in hits on both of them, but focusing my primary at the guy I swing at in the first round.

Melee +4 (1d6+3, Quarterstaff)
Melee +2 (1d6+2, Quarterstaff - Two-Weapon Fighting)
and Melee +2 (1d6+1, Quarterstaff - Two-Weapon Fighting)

Belkregos 3rd of November, 2006 08:11

Mirko moves fast across the main deck, not waiting any time he evades the devvils on his way to the forward deck, jumps the railing hopping to be in time to relieve his companions slashes his great sword at the sea devils but still continues on after what he thinks is the leader
seeing the mast splinter his anger start to build by the time he reaches his enemies his rage has taken hold

OOC: Fast Movement/ Uncanny dodge/Rage

hedgeknight 4th of November, 2006 02:19

Quick Post 3
 
1 Attachment(s)
Scenario 4, Quick Post 3: Death Dealing Devils!
Initiative Order: Mirko (24), Almego (15), Veit (12), Captain Squint & crew (12), Bra'kan (10), Sahuagin (7)

The Orca lurches and pitches, sending sailors and sahuagin grasping for footing on the rain-slick deck. Squint is battling the ruined wheel, trying to keep the rudder steady, and knowing he is fighting a losing battle. Mirko moves fast across the main deck, falling here and there, but not wasting any time. Getting to his feet, he avoids the dead sailors and sea devils on his way to the forecastle. Using barrels and bales for support, he leaps for the upper railing, looping a leg over just as one of the sahuagin that fired the ballista breaks off to meet him. Knowing these sea devils are responsible for the broken mast, his anger kicks in full force and he sees red! The barbarian swings his other leg over the railing and kicks aside the sea devil’s trident. He brings the greatsword around and down, slashing the sea devil in the neck and chest, dropping it instantly (D14). As he turns toward his companions, a sharp pain in his back causes him to wince in pain (D3). He looks down on the main deck to see a sahuagin reloading its crossbow; the bastard having just shot him!
Almego, seeing two sea devils blocking his path to the top deck, quickly pulls forth his trusty oak quarterstaff and spins it into a fighting position. The sailor beside him hoists his rapier, feeling somewhat emboldened by the aggressive fighter. From the way he handles the thing, he obviously knows how to get the fullest out of his weapon. Taking slow careful steps towards the beasts Almego thinks, If I survive this battle and make it to dry land again, I'll make sure I never take a boat anywhere again. When he reaches the first sea devil he swirls the large staff around into a two handed swing that crushes his foe’s face, snapping its neck like dry timber! (C18 – great day in the morning!)
“Damnation!” the sailor nearby cries and he steps forward and jabs at the other sea devil with his rapier, scoring a minor hit on the beast. (D3) The sea devil hisses and rams its trident deep in the sailor’s gut, then heaves him past Almego and into the churning ocean! The man’s screams are drowned out in the storm, but Almego won’t soon forget the look of terror on his face as he passed out of sight.
As the sea devil turns to engage him, he calls out, "Viet, get your back to a railing and hold them off best you can! I'm coming!" he yells over the sound of the raging storm and battle all around him.

Bleeding and getting weaker by the second, Veit takes a slight step backward, and lets out another calling to his deity. "With the blessing of Chauntea, may my foes be imprisoned in vines, to go down with the ship, and not be able to cause any more mischeif." At first, nothing happens, but then the bits of seaweed that cling to the sea devils nearby suddenly come to life! The seaweed grows rapidly, anchoring itself to the ship’s railings and other structures, wrapping and entangling the sea devils.

“Damn devils!” Bra’kan roars, slowly pulling himself back up and onto the deck of the Orca. Seeing the sea devils entangled, he goes for the massive leader who looks to be breaking loose. "You think you can stop me, I am Bra'kan, wolf-slayer and Hin-saver. Fear me, for your death comes by my AXE!"
Veit is closer and steps in with his morningstar, swinging at the sahuagin, but hitting nothing but thick seaweed vines. And then Bra’kan is there and the double Orc axe cuts through vines and flesh, ripping deep into the sahuagin’s hide (D10). He swings again, but the massive sea devil ducks and rips his way free of the seaweed, roaring in fury.
Bringing the gleaming trident up and around, the sea devil plunges it into Bra’kan’s chest, driving the raging barbarian to his knees! (C18)
Seaweed tries to entangle the sahuagin again, but the massive leader rips and tears his way free, charging Veit with blood in his eyes! Veit backpeddles but can’t get out of the way in time, and the trident digs into his ribs and chest as well, dropping him to the deck (D7). The sound of battle begins to grow faint in Veit’s ears and the rain pounds him in the face, as the Orca heaves underneath him.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Almego – 19/19 (Spells in effect: Shield & Bless)
Bra’kan – 35/1 (Spells in effect: Bless)
Mirko – 39/36
Veit – 25/-1 (dying slowly)

Back in the saddle again, fellers! And dealing a little death! :evil: Veit is down, but not completely out yet, and Bra'kan is hovering at death's door. Almego faces a sea devil, and Mirko has a choice to make.
Oh, and the Orca is out of control!!!!
Man, is anybody having as much fun as me???????? :devious: :evil: LOL
Talk to me.
-g-

Belkregos 4th of November, 2006 04:47

Fury in his eyes, Mirko continues delivering efficient death, tries not to think of all the fallen sailors, tha last one to be cut down next to him has a disturbing effect him, hopes crushed, so many dead,

Veit down and Brakan is almost there, he won’t stop fighting he knows,
the Sea devil leader will finish them off if he has a chance, we're dead in the water, we have to finish them off in order t have any chance of survival

Mirko focuses his rage on the sea devil leader

OOC: rage; power attack two handed -2 to hit/+4 damage
Great Sword (+7, 2d6+13, 19-20/x2)

Noocytx 6th of November, 2006 05:25

Not ready to be taken down, and seeing Veit goes down, Bra'kan roars wildly taking in the pain and ready to deal back double. He stares at the one that just brought down Veit and attempts to tear him apart limb to limb.

OOC: Attack the one who did the killing blow, then go wild on the others.
Attack +10, 1d8+9
Full Attack +8/+8, 1d8+6 / 1d8+3

elmer_jok 6th of November, 2006 10:15

Seeing the perilous position that his group is in, Almego decides to try something risky. I sure hope this works he thinks to himself. Disregarding the sea devil in front of him he darts up to next to Viet and casts a spell, directed against the biggest of the sea creatures that wields a gleaming trident. "Finish him big fella!" he yells at Bra'kan, cheering him on.

(ooc: move to the left of Viet, directly below Bra'kan. Use dodge and mobility against the sahaugin in front of me. Cast Daze upon leader.


Contingencies: If Mirko takes down the leader before I act I will make a full-attack action versus the sahaugin in front of me. As soon as there isn't somebody imediately threatening me I will go to Viet and administer some untrained first-aid, +0 Heal.


At hand: Quarterstaff
Spells In effect: Shield (Duration: 1 minute, time left: 7 rounds)
AC: 23 (touch 14, flat-footed 19) + dodge and mobility where applicable)
Full Attack +2/+2 melee, (1d6+2 / 1d6+1, 20/x2 crit, Quarterstaff)


EDIT: Added dialogue and made minor changes to action. Added some quick-reference info. Added contingencies.

hedgeknight 8th of November, 2006 04:51

Quick Post 4
 
Scenario 4, Quick Post 4: Devil’s Take Their Due!
Initiative Order: Mirko (24), Almego (15), Veit (12), Captain Squint & crew (12), Bra'kan (10), Sahuagin (7)

Fury in his eyes, Mirko leaps over the fallen sailors, trying not to think of the last one that was cut down next to him. So many dead! Hopes crushed – we’re dead in the water! These thoughts race through his mind as he charges the sea devil leader, knowing he must finish off the creature if they are to have any chance of survival. With a roar of rage, Mirko closes the distance and the massive sahuagin turns to meet him. The Orca jerks to the side as Mirko leaps over his comrade Veit and brings the greatsword around and down. The blade cuts through sea devil flesh with devastating effect – the gleaming trident clangs to the deck with the sea devil’s arm still holding it! (D21)
The sahuagin leader screams in agony and the scream is matched by another one as Bra’kan, taking in his own pain and ready to deal out double, brings his Orc axe around, hitting the sahuagin in the back and knocking it down on the blood-slick deck! (D8)
Spitting bloody foam, Bra’kan howls in his rage-induced fury and Almego cheers him on. “Finish him big fella!” Mirko steps back and the sahuagin turns its black eyes on the Half-orc and the last thing it sees is the axe coming down at its face! (D7)

“YEAH!” Almego roars as Bra’kan bloodies his axe again and again. The sea devil in front of him senses its leader’s demise and hesitates, unsure what to do. Almego isn’t unsure, however, and spins his quarterstaff around and smacking the sahuagin in the side of the head (D4). The blow shakes the beast out of its confusion and it hisses and attacks, stabbing at Almego with its trident, but his mithril breastplate turns the prongs aside. The sahuagin hisses and dashes for the railing, giving Almego an opportunity for a parting shot. He lunges with his quarterstaff, driving the butt end of it into the sahuagin’s back (D4) and propelling the creature over the railing and into the churning ocean!
The surviving sailor’s raise a ragged cheer and the companions look around to see that the deck is clear of sea devils at last. While Bra’kan and Mirko finish off the entangled sahuagin, Almego staggers with the ship’s lurching and falls beside of Veit, and begins to tend to the Dwarven priest’s wounds. (OOC: Almego manages to stabilize Veit in about two rounds. Good job!)
In a few seconds, Veit’s eyelids flutter and he coughs up a few globs of bloody pleghm but manages to stay conscious. “Welcome back, my friend!” Almego shouts over the storm. The Orca lurches and Bra’kan and Mirko stumble toward their companions as Almego leans Veit against the railing.
“Welcome…(cough)…back to what?” the dwarf asks. “To hell? Are we bloody sinking?”
Almego looks at Mirko, whose eyes are beginning to clear of rage, and the barbarian nods grimly. And as if to give emphasis to his actions, Captain Squint’s voice suddenly cuts through the storm.
“Tie yourselves off lads! We’re gonna lose her!” Just then an ear-splitting crack causes all heads to turn in time to see the mast snap off and come down on the deck!
Sailors scramble to get out of the way and the poor soul in the crow’s nest is hurled into the churning ocean! “Godsdammit!” Squint curses, staggering toward the stairs leading to the main deck. “Get the lifeboats ready! We’re about to run…”
Suddenly, the Orca lurches hard to the right and a loud grinding sound like the splintering of wood is heard over the howling storm. The ship rocks a few times but then abruptly stops as if sitting in dead calm water. The only noticeable difference is that the Orca is leaning hard to the right.
“We’ve run aground!” Squint yells. “Every man head for the lifeboats! Abandon ship!”
Sailors begin to run for the lifeboats that are tied up to the railing, shouting orders and helping the wounded along.
“Must’ve hit the Redcliffs!” one sailor yells as he passes the companions.
“What ‘bout the sea devils?” another asks.
“Are we close to the Mere?” asks a wounded sailor with bloody running down his face, his eyes laced with fear.
“The Bitch Queen take us if we are!” a sailor grunts, dragging one end of a lifeboat toward the railing.
The companions jump in to help, Mirko and Bra’kan lending their strength to the task, while Almego helps Veit along. Soon, there are three boats in the water and thankfully, no sign of sea devils.
“Watch fer the rocks, lads! Don’t want to lose any more of ye!” Captain Squint says, glancing back for one last look at his beloved Orca. She’s taking on a lot of water through the breech in her hull, but mayhap she will not sink completely. At least that is what the Dwarven captain is thinking as they row away from the wreckage.
He turns away from the painful sight and looks upon his men, thanking the stars that they still live. He quickly takes a head count and then offers Almego a vial from his belt. “Pour this down his gullet and tell him to get off his ass! My men may need him!” He jerks his chin toward the barely lucid Veit as he gives Almego the vial. (H11 - assuming he drinks it)
“Rafe!” he bellows. “Take yer boat and head due North, hugging the shoreline. Make for the mud flats of Leilon and pray that the Bitch Queen’s belly is full! Give the dock master our position and if ye get any lip from the ol’ rust bucket, tell him when Squint comes to town he’ll be taking them 20 silver he owes to him out of his arse!” Rafe’s boat rows out into the current and soon disappears into the storm and the gloom of the coming dawn.

A cold wind blows along the jagged rocks of the Redcliffs and the two john boats weave their way through the spires, their occupants praying for safe passage. Everyone is wet and cold, bruised and battered, with salt spray running down their faces and their muscles aching from the oars. The sound of breakers tells them that the fog-enshrouded shore is nearby and with some trepidation, Captain Squint urges them through, even though one of the john boats swamps with sea water and barely makes it to shore. Many prayers are muttering by the sailors of the Orca as they pull the boats ashore and begin to look for shelter from the storm. The mere is all around them and they men are immediately nervous from the proximity of the infamous swamps. Squint calls for torches and dry kindling, if any can be found, knowing that fire will do more than keep the cold at bay. But even as the men begin to search, a call of alarm rings out, which causes weapons to be unsheathed and men to gather around one another for protection.
Peering into the fog, it soon become obvious that something is moving through the swamp…something big!
“Looks like we got company fer breakfast, lads!” Squint says.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Stats:
Almego – 19/19 (Spells in effect: Shield & Bless)
Bra’kan – 35/1 (Spells in effect: Bless)
Mirko – 39/36
Veit – 25/11

Alrighty fellers - ye survived the sea devils only to find yourselves shipwrecked on the edges of the Mere of Dead Men! Oh, the humanity! :depry:
And something is coming your way!
So whatcha gonna do? Stand and fight? Run away screaming into the sea? Shit yer pants? Dig a hole?
Talk to me.
-g-

generaljimX 8th of November, 2006 06:22

Downing the potion after having it passed to him, Veit feels immediatly better. Bra'kan's looking pretty bad... He thinks, moving closer to the barbarian once they're on land. He mutters something that no one can hear, much less understand, and heals wounds that he had suffered. "Better?" The dwarf asks, but doesn't have time to get an answer as the alarm's go off. His shield and morningstar jump to his hands, and he looks on for whatever is coming..... I hope Chauntea can help us again.....

OOC: Channel consecrate into a cure moderate wounds on Bra'kan(2d8+3).

elmer_jok 8th of November, 2006 16:41

Almego shivers visibly at the biting wind and driving rain. Back on dry land at least... I don't care what dangers it holds, must be better than squaring off with them sea devils. He thinks of his brother a moment and an irrational thought crosses his mind as he does so, he caused our boat to wreck.

Thankful of the sand beneath his feet he drops on all fours as the boat touches down, scoops a large handful of the earth into his hands and kisses it. This covers his face in dirt, but a smile lights upon Almego's face as he does so. He obviously doesn't care about his appearance at the time being.

Then, hearing the sound of alarm he turns towards the dank swamp while bringing his quarterstaff to hand with lightning speed. Danger approaches already. Figures. Looking to his left and right, seeing the beaten and bloody half-orc and blood-soaked dwarf, he decides he might as well share some of his resources. He props his staff in the crook of his arm while puling his wand free of it's case. "This will help protect you from harm big fella, if hostilities erupt that is" he says to Bra'kan as he touches him with his wand. "Magic, however new to me it is, has proven useful. Now it will help you." He then taps himself with the wand, returns it to it's case and spins his quarterstaff into a fighting position while turning to face the approacing danger.

(ooc: Use two more charges off my wand. One on me and one on Bra'kan. Then, standing beside and a step behind Bra'kan, I quickdraw my quarterstaff and wait to see what the alarm was raised over.)

Belkregos 8th of November, 2006 17:34

Mirko was already working hard, if they where to survive they needed shelter besides it kept him from thinking on all the dead or how close to death his long time companions came to, he turns to lookk at them from the corner of his eye, he would not admit he worried about them,
“they’ve got a boars hide” he thinks and keeps working

hearing movement he appears to sink in to the swamp fog, draws his sword and moves to the side prepared to deal death again if needed

OOC: hide+7, Move silently+7

Noocytx 8th of November, 2006 23:50

"Magic, gah." Bra'kan weakily tries to pull away from the offered help, but deep down inside he is grateful for the help that those around him are offering him. Is this a sign of weakness. That I need those around me to help me? To keep me on my feet. I am Bra'kan, mightiest of warriors.

Bra'kan takes a look around after having his companions heal him, and is unsure of what to do. Hearing the noise, he once again readies his axe waiting for what could be inevitable doom to arrive. Time for some more fun.

"Breakfast? What? I'll give you some breakfast and hopefully you'll enjoy the taste of my axe as I believe you will die by its taste" Bra'kan gives the axe a circular swing and readies to use it when he can against the newfound opponent of his.

hedgeknight 10th of November, 2006 22:22

Quick Post 5
 
1 Attachment(s)
Scenario 4, Quick Post 5: Dinosaurs for Breakfast!
Initiative Order: Almego (21), Mirko (20), Veit (19), Bra'kan (12), Lizardfolk (10), Captain Squint & crew (8)


Shivering visibly in the biting wind and driving rain, Almego is at least glad to be back on dry land, but barely has time to kiss the ground when the call of alarm sounds. As thoughts of his wicked brother flee from his mind, he looks around and sees the beaten and bloody Half-orc and the blood-soaked Dwarf.
"Breakfast?” Bra’kan growls. “What? I'll give you some breakfast and hopefully you'll enjoy the taste of my axe as I believe you will die by its taste!" Bra'kan gives the axe a circular swing and nearly drops it in his weakened condition. He struggles to remain steady on his feet as Veit approaches.
Realizing that Bra’kan is looking pretty bad, Veit channels healing energy into the barbarian, closing wounds and restoring his health, even though his ornery companion tries to pull away from the priest. (H17)
Bra’kan shrugs off the help with a nod of his head, somewhat unsure of what to do. Then he hears Almego’s voice and turns to see the man hurrying toward him. "This will help protect you from harm big fella, if hostilities erupt that is" he says to Bra'kan as he touches him with his wand.
Bra’kan jerks back when the wand touches him. “Magic, bah!” he growls, distrusting the magic and its wielder.
"Magic, however new to me it is, has proven useful. Now it will help you." Almego continues, tapping himself with the wand before returning it to its case. He then spins his quarterstaff into a fighting position while turning to face the approaching danger. Veit gives him a grim grin as his shield and morningstar jump to his hands and he turns to face whatever is coming. I hope Chauntea can help us again.....he prays.
Mirko was already working hard helping with the shelter when the alarm was raised. Hearing movement behind him, he appears to sink into the fog, leaning behind a large cypress that grows along the edge of the swamp. He draws his greatsword and waits, prepared to deal death again if needed.

The men of the Orca fan out as well, swords in hand, licking their lips nervously and peering into the fog. Captain Squint is standing off to the side, crouched behind a fallen log, holding a strange item in his right hand.
Mirko smells the source of the alarm before his sees it – a musky, reptilian odor that is repulsive yet somewhat natural for this dismal swamp. And then a huge shape emerges from the fog and the barbarian’s mouth drops open in surprise. (See pic)
Gasps of shock escape the mouths of the others as a four and a half foot tall, seven foot wide bipedal creature steps out into the open. The beast is covered with a layer of thick spiky armor hide and is at least twenty-five feet long! Riding on its back are seven Lizardmen, decorated camouflaged for hunting. Standing on the back of the creature is a Lizardman holding a decorative spear and wearing a shawl of snakeskin. He utters a command and the beast they are riding shakes the air with its bellow, a screeching “CRONK!” The armored beast suddenly charges as five of the Lizardmen leap from the beast’s back!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>


Stats:
Almego – 19/19 (Shield)
Bra’kan – 35/18 (Shield)
Mirko – 39/36
Veit – 25/11


Alrighty fellers - here's your breakfast order! :fun:
Take a look at the map (I'm gonna post it here in just a few minutes) and talk to me - as always, give me 2-3 rounds of actions with contingencies; I included the inititative order in this post to help you plan. One word of advice - avoid the anklyosaurus' tail if you value your health! :devious:
Whoohoo!
-g-

hedgeknight 10th of November, 2006 22:42

Lizard Battle Map 1
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here's the map fellers!
-g-


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 23:34.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren