Online-Roleplaying.community

Online-Roleplaying.community (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/index.php)
-   To The Arena! To The Death! (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1908)
-   -   OOC Thread (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13221)

Linklegacy77 10th of July, 2013 00:05

OOC Thread

Here you go guys, have at it

Krypton 10th of July, 2013 00:26

I guess the first question I have, in addition to what everyone's feeling, characterwise, is how many points we have for Attribute Point Buy?

Linklegacy77 10th of July, 2013 00:45

I'll get character creation rules up soon, working on getting other stuff dealt with atm.

You guys need to work on a School name, and decide which area of the world your School comes from.

Captain Gavis 10th of July, 2013 00:49

On a scale of 1 to 10 how high is the fantasy level? With 1 being one wizard per world (LotR) and 10 being everyone is a caster and everything is a utopia created by magic.

Linklegacy77 10th of July, 2013 00:53

Um.... I'd say a solid 6 or 7 I guess.

Ergonomic Cat 10th of July, 2013 01:01

Howdy!

Linklegacy77 10th of July, 2013 01:36

I'm gonna get character creation rules up then stop for now, I've gotta go visit my father at the hospital.

Linklegacy77 10th of July, 2013 01:47

Your characters go in the management subforum.

Captain Gavis 10th of July, 2013 01:52

is there a specific set of books open?

Linklegacy77 10th of July, 2013 01:54

Um, you're limited to 3.5, no 3.0 books like BoED or BoVD.

Captain Gavis 10th of July, 2013 01:56

Right-o. So if it was printed in 3.0 it doesn't follow the "If it wasn't reprinted it gets upgraded". gonna have to think this over now that i cant make a thrallherd to sacrifice ulimited slaves to dark gods XD

Krypton 10th of July, 2013 03:24

I'm still thinking Swordsage, for my particular character. Either the school's champion, or head-trainer, head talent scout - what have you. There's lots of space for a Martial character in a Gladiator School.

As for School 'Name' - I'm flexible. Perhaps something like "Gloria fraternitatem" or "Ordinis Gladius" - simple phrases, translated into another language (Here, Latin) and thus a bit more exotic.

I'm also a fan of languages like Romanian for finding Fantasy names of things.

Mercutio 10th of July, 2013 03:31

I'm still considering a social rogue. Someone whose focus is on the discussion and manipulation of who fights who and when and where.

Captain Gavis 10th of July, 2013 12:00

So for the fighter's bonus to BAB...if you are level 3 you only get the standard +3 BAB correct? then at 4th you get the bonus +1?

Krypton 10th of July, 2013 12:37

I ended up going Warblade instead of Swordsage.

Your math seems correct to me, Gavis.

Linklegacy77 10th of July, 2013 13:00

That is correct, it's primarily to make straight fighter not so terrible a decision.

It's surprisingly huge for a buff, power attack gets better, combat expertise gets better, and any build that focuses on making many attacks (like an archery build or a TWF build) gets a lot better.

Ergonomic Cat 10th of July, 2013 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercutio (Post 419821)
I'm still considering a social rogue. Someone whose focus is on the discussion and manipulation of who fights who and when and where.

If you do that, my Beguiler would be somewhat overkill.

So, other options (Need feedback from Link on some):

A beast trainer/druid - would it be permissible to have my pets fight for the school? This is what I'd like to do if so....

Some sort of ECL race - I don't know that being optimized is so important this game. I'm considering something like a lizardfolk? I can't really find a good list of ECL 3 or 4 races.

Dragonfire Adept - just cause they seem really flavorful.

Or a rakish swashbuckler who is really only involved with the school to impress the opposite sex, and occasionally show off.

Thoughts?

Linklegacy77 11th of July, 2013 00:44

Animal trainer is a definite possibility, there can be and are animal gladiators if they're trained properly.

The rest wasn't a question, so I'll let you figure it out =p.

Ergonomic Cat 11th of July, 2013 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linklegacy77 (Post 419837)
Animal trainer is a definite possibility, there can be and are animal gladiators if they're trained properly.

They really weren't. ;) It was more a survey of the team.

But if the animal trainer idea works I'm using that.

So, Druid (I assume) animal friend. I'll get to work on it.

Mercutio 11th of July, 2013 02:21

I guess I'm glad we sorted that, because the alternate I was considering was a Beast Master...

Great minds, and all that.

Thought I'd have more time to get to Emen today, but I'll hack at it and hope to have it done by Saturday or so. I'll be out of town from next Monday until the following Monday.

Ergonomic Cat 11th of July, 2013 02:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linklegacy77 (Post 419837)

So specific questions:

Can I spend my money on beasts? Can I assume some level of prior training done over levels 1-5 or should I just pay trained cost?

Warbeast Template from Monster Manual 2?

Strange animals? Fleshraker, for instance, from MM3? Or just standard? I can do lions tigers and bears just fine.

Equipment for animals - any thoughts?

Stuff from here: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031125a ?

Flaws from UneRthered Arcana? Variant races, specifically desert elves?

Linklegacy77 11th of July, 2013 03:54

You may not spend your money on beasts to start with, we'll get that sorted out after the game starts. Get your equipment.

MM2 is a 3.0 book, no material for players allowed from that source.

Flaws from UA are allowed, but limited to one per person, not two.

Variant races are permitted.

Ergonomic Cat 11th of July, 2013 05:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linklegacy77 (Post 419841)
You may not spend your money on beasts to start with, we'll get that sorted out after the game starts. Get your equipment.

MM2 is a 3.0 book, no material for players allowed from that source.

Flaws from UA are allowed, but limited to one per person, not two.

Variant races are permitted.

Roger Roger. I do most of my research off of forums and wikis, so it never entirely clear what is and is not 3.5. It's also been a while since I played 3.5. ;) Sorry about that.

Books: Players guide to Faerun? Shifters from Eberron? Halfling racial sub levels from Races of the Wild?

And questions on future planning (Unless you'd like to let a start at six level instead of five): Leadership feat? Prestige classes specifically the Beastmaster from complete adventure? Natural bond feat from complete adventure?

Linklegacy77 11th of July, 2013 05:28

Nothing from Eberron or Forgotten Realms is permitted, those are setting specific.

Anything, including racial substitution levels, is permitted from Races of the Wild.

Leadership feat is banned (it's wholly unnecessary). Beastmaster is permitted if you really want to go into it. Anything from a 3.5 resource that is not campaign specific is allowed.

Ergonomic Cat 11th of July, 2013 05:47

Awesome. Last question: if you start a PrC do you have to finish it? Or is it like any other class where you just take levels as you want?