Online-Roleplaying.community

Online-Roleplaying.community (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/index.php)
-   Archives (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1233)
-   -   Merctown SideThread 5-Marduk vs the CS (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7250)

Lando The Archmagi 20th of November, 2006 12:43

Merctown SideThread 5-Marduk vs the CS
 
Here he was away from the battle of Tolkeen, a survivor, out in the wilds... somewhere lost in the Magic Zone, wandering. Where would he go now? He thought about the past and the present....as he fumbled with the pendant given to him by his mentor now long deceased. Suddenly a touch to his shoulder startles him as he looks around, his friend, a lovely and very skilled City Rat code named Vesper, now holding her left arm and shoulder as the armor there is now gone, showing signs of recent wounds.

She moans and stumbles falling down by the crackling fire,"Ohhhhhhhh damn it, this hurts."

Dwergar 20th of November, 2006 15:29

"Vesper, what happened to you you look kike hell warmed over." Marduk Set his rifle aside as he helped his friend sit down by the fire.

Marduk looked through his gear for his medical supplies. He spends almost a good minute rummaging through his pack before he realized that he left his medical supplies back in Tolkeen. He shook his head in disgust as the realization that he'll need some for himself later.

"Well Vesp, looks like one of us will be fine if medical issues crop up. Least i can heal your wounds with magic." He smiled at her as he knelt beside her and let the arcane words slip out of his mouth to begin the mystical healing.

<casts light healing upon her 3 times just in case>

After her wounds closed up Marduk grabs his rifle and begins to scan the horizon with the scope looking for any shadowy figures in the night. The clouds rolled by obscuring the moonlight making it difficult for him to spot anything nearby.

<will keep an ear open for any noise and will continue talking with Vesper>

"So, Vesper. What the hell happened to you any way?"

Lando The Archmagi 23rd of November, 2006 03:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwergar
"So, Vesper. What the hell happened to you any way?"

Vesper smiles faintly at you, her body wracked with pain as her arm and shoulder hang weird. The light healing magic seems to help her, she stops coughing up some blood, but she looks not so good shape.

"There are CS patrols all over the place, but they fear this area due to all the magic and ley line activity, we might be safe momentarily, but we're going to have to keep moving."

She looks at you as you scan the darkness with your scope picking up thermal images of some wildlife and you feel the ley line activity very strongly...and a rift opening.... not far from you...

"Well, I got caught by a S&D patrol as I was covering our tracks, took some of those CS bastards out, but they got me pretty good, fragged my armor, going to need some new gear. The survivors might be trying to track me or you, but hopefully all the stuff here will keep them more occupied."


[ooc: did you want to roll your own checks or have me roll them?]

Dwergar 23rd of November, 2006 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi
Vesper smiles faintly at you, her body wracked with pain as her arm and shoulder hang weird. The light healing magic seems to help her, she stops coughing up some blood, but she looks not so good shape.

"There are CS patrols all over the place, but they fear this area due to all the magic and ley line activity, we might be safe momentarily, but we're going to have to keep moving."

She looks at you as you scan the darkness with your scope picking up thermal images of some wildlife and you feel the ley line activity very strongly...and a rift opening.... not far from you...

"Well, I got caught by a S&D patrol as I was covering our tracks, took some of those CS bastards out, but they got me pretty good, fragged my armor, going to need some new gear. The survivors might be trying to track me or you, but hopefully all the stuff here will keep them more occupied."


[ooc: did you want to roll your own checks or have me roll them?]

Marduk moves around the campsite to sit beside her. Eyes and head turn skywards.

"Well, They may have thier hands full. I can sense a Ley Line opening up. So Lets hope a Demon from an Alien world comes through and deals with them. Or the very least preoccupies them."

Marduk sit there under the stars, his rifle never far from him. Stirring the ashes around the fire, keeping the flame going with twigs and small branches around him.

<ooc: you can roll for me. i don't mind.>

Lando The Archmagi 26th of November, 2006 13:42

Your senses tell you that the nexus that opened is probably a big one and will likely be trouble for someone, and the CS will certainly look into it if they're near.

Vesper nods her head, smiling at you, "Well hope it gives them hell."

She then goes about snuggling closer by the fire, she shifts her bruised and battered arm and pulls off the bits of armor that aren't really protecting her anymore. She begins to take inventory of her gear and possessions.

The firepit spits and hisses in the cool air as you feed it some more twigs and leaves with a bigger piece of wood that you found.

Dwergar 29th of November, 2006 20:19

I begin to pack my stuff up. Constantly looking around for any signs of the Coalition. Laser fire perhaps, from the distance, or sounds of explosions and a fight. I keep a sharp eye open for any shadowy movements in the grass, on the horizon. Occasionally glancing down at Vesper to make sure the wounds are not that grave.

"Come, we should not stay here. Things can get too dangerous too fast. What ever spawns out of that Rift could take teh souls of the Coalition and still look for more. That is something i'd rathar not be around for. Are you ok to move?"

I move to the fire and start taking off my armor. "Wear this. It may not fit right, but it's better protection i'd wager than that suit you now have." I hold up a hand to her as she starts to protest "Remember, I can always summon up the powers given to me by the Ley Lines and protect myself with an armor of Ithan spell. Where as you cannot. Once we get to a more civilized place we can look for some lodging and a place to either repair or buy you a new suit."

I kick dirt into the fire and douse it with some water from my canteen. After grabbing my Wingboard i stop out the last bits of embers as i don my cloak and begin to walk away, an arm held out to Vesper. I give her hand a reassuring squeeze.

"It's gonna be a long walk. So it'd be best if we find a Ley Line further away that we can soar across on my Wingboard here."

OOC: do i know which direction the Rift was from our position? if i do i will go the opposite way looking for the blue lines as i go.

Lando The Archmagi 30th of November, 2006 03:43

Vesper looks at you and nods, "I'm wounded a bit, but my armor took most of it and its definitely going to need to be replaced. I'll crawl if I have too, but I can walk."

She grins as you strip off your non EBA armor and she nods, slipping out of her broken armor, she is dressed now in some black fatigues and straps your armor on instead, slinging her gear and weapon belt back on. She checks her pistol and loads it. She squeezes your hand back and nods, "I can do some walking, but yea, flying or riding would be good."

You can sense ley lines all around you, some bigger than others. There are several lines visible just beyond the next hill or two. The rift opened northwest of you. There ley lines nearby are southeast and southwest.

Lando The Archmagi 19th of January, 2007 04:19

Suddenly the ley lines nearby all light up and crackle with energy as a nexus opens and something demonic steps forth.

Vesper sees the horror and runs in fear deep into the woods. Marduk tries to fend off the demon with shots from his rifle. The demon cries out in agony, its howls echoing through the valley. Marduk then fights for his own survival....

Much later in the woods Vesper passes out from exhaustion and terror laying in a heap in a glen....

She is found by a man decked out in camouflage armor and fatigues, with a rifle slung over his arm and a sword strapped to his back among other gear.

Tofu 20th of January, 2007 15:55

Dearcher Man sees the Woman and doesnot know what to make of her.Lyeing still.
His heart pounds and moves in stealthily not to disturb her. Draws Bow and
arrow{Normal Arrow} and points near her head.
" You have less than a minute to state your intentions here .Or you may find
yourself feeling a severe headache.{If no response he then checks to see if she is living.
Listens for breathing, looks for rise and fall of her chest. Still no response he will pick her
up and carry her to a safe spot for her to regain senses.He has no idea who she is
and isnot a cold blooded Killer.He is just not very trusting comes with the territory.
Living in "Kingsdale" has its effect on people.

Lando The Archmagi 22nd of January, 2007 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tofu
looks for rise and fall of her chest. Still no response he will pick her up and carry her to a safe spot for her to regain senses.He has no idea who she is and isnot a cold blooded Killer.He is just not very trusting comes with the territory. Living in "Kingsdale" has its effect on people.

Vesper blinks her eyes, coming out of the unconscious state she's been in since passing out, she looks at the man and raises her hands defensively. She is wearing partial body armor and has some gear strapped to her, but doesn't appear to be hostile, she looks at you,

"Hold on big guy, I'm not your enemy."

[ooc: This game is set in Kentucky near Paduca/Merctown, you're not near Kingsdale]

Tofu 22nd of January, 2007 13:40

[OOC: "Kingsdale is his home ie place of birth how he got to Kentucky.Leave to the Imagination.Kentucky is actually Boardered on Missouri and avoideing perils very carefully, maybe wasnot alone a lone survivor that made it to Kentucky.Doesnot matter Just mentioned Kingsdale because would have been my home.I am in unfamiliar territory and scared.Reason so defensive with the lady=)}.

Dearcher Man puts his arrow back and reslings
his bow across his pack of other goodies.I am Dearcher
My home is in " kingsdale" I came to Kentucky
by means of travelling with others.
I sadly am the only one to have survived makeing it.
So please excuse me if I am careful to wonder who my enemy is.
and welcome .Are you hurt is their anything I could do for you?
I have a Motorcycle close by and well hidden maybe I could take
you someplace?

Lando The Archmagi 23rd of January, 2007 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tofu
So please excuse me if I am careful to wonder who my enemy is. and welcome .Are you hurt is their anything I could do for you?
I have a Motorcycle close by and well hidden maybe I could take
you someplace?

She relaxes her hands and takes inventory of her possessions and dusts herself off as she looks you over. "Hello, I'm called Vesper, I used to live up near Tolkeen, before the war happened. I've been through Kingsdale before, but its a been sometime. My friend and I were headed south into the Magic Zone, there is a place called MercTown I think? It shares a ley line with Kingsdale, do you know how to get there? My friend stayed to fight that demon, I fear for his life."


[ooc: No problem, just making sure you knew what was going on]

Tofu 23rd of January, 2007 11:18

No, I am afraid I donot know how to get their. And if your friend is battleing a demon I cannot say we can do much to kill it but maybe we can slow it down while your friend escapes ceartain death.I say we go and try and rescue him and plan our escape. Even with what I have something not of this world would be a match even for me.
Tofu takes her to his Motorcycle and hands her his rifle. Here use this.I got my Pistol and Energy weapons. Maybe , Just maybe we can save your friend.
He starts the Motorcycle makes sure his gear is properly tied down.And motions vesper to take a place on cycle behind him."What direction is your friend in ? We must hurry before this cursed beast makes a shattered corpse of him.

Dwergar 23rd of January, 2007 22:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi
Suddenly the ley lines nearby all light up and crackle with energy as a nexus opens and something demonic steps forth.

Vesper sees the horror and runs in fear deep into the woods. Marduk tries to fend off the demon with shots from his rifle. The demon cries out in agony, its howls echoing through the valley. Marduk then fights for his own survival....

As the demon roars in agony, I draw forth energies from all around me, summoning up the strength to blast it with a spell. I reach forth with one hand extended as i unleash the built up energies within me.

[casting the powered up Blinding Flash 1+3 PPE]

I close my eyes as a flash of blinding light erupts forth from my extended hand.

I hope this will keep the thing at bay long enough for Vesper to have made it away safely. As I begin to back up away from the demon, I open my eyes a crack to witness the results of my spell. Thoughts of another spell flicker to the surface as the hint of death looms over me.

(ooc: sry it took me so long to respond. as i told Lando, i lost my net for a while.)

Lando The Archmagi 24th of January, 2007 03:10

Previously......

Vesper runs screaming from the horror of the minotaur looking demon bull that emerged from the rift. He had a huge halberd like device in his hands. He swings it at you as you summon forth the energies and cast your spell.

The demon roars in surprise caught by the blinding flash it rears back dropping the halberd and lifts its huge clawed hands over its eyes. You back away and glance around seeing Vesper is no where to be seen.

[ooc: do you run or fight?]

Lando The Archmagi 24th of January, 2007 03:13

In the woods somewhere....
 
Vesper nods listening to Dearcher Man, "Well, I lack some serious weaponry, most of our gear got left behind or destroyed/lost in the last battle. I only got a little protection as it is. Really need to get to a safer haven and regroup."

She follows you to your motorcyle and takes your rifle, checking the clip and smiles as she holds it. "I can use this."

She nods as he offers her a spot behind him, riding on the bike. She climbs on and slings the rifle around her arm with its strap, holding it shotgun style. "I think he's more south and east, towards those ley lines."

She gestures to the huge blue crackling lines of energy which are clearly visible in the night sky.

Dwergar 24th of January, 2007 05:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi
Previously......

Vesper runs screaming from the horror of the minotaur looking demon bull that emerged from the rift. He had a huge halberd like device in his hands. He swings it at you as you summon forth the energies and cast your spell.

The demon roars in surprise caught by the blinding flash it rears back dropping the halberd and lifts its huge clawed hands over its eyes. You back away and glance around seeing Vesper is no where to be seen.

[ooc: do you run or fight?]

In the demon's confused state I turn and start running towards the direction Vesper had ran, Grabbing any gear that i can easily grab in one quick motion as i flee.

Tofu 24th of January, 2007 06:20

Dearcher Man checks to make sure his pistol is loaded and sets it in a holster freeing his hands for driving the motorcycle then heads off in directions Vesper mentioned.
" Let's hope we are not to late".

Lando The Archmagi 25th of January, 2007 03:22

Vesper holds the rifle readied as Dearcher Man checks his sidearm and then cranks up his bike, the Wastelander roars to life as he takes off towards the south, headed towards the crackling blue ley lines clearly visible in the night sky.

Marduk decides to run for his life, grabbing his pack and slinging it over his shoulder, leaving his rifle which he had dropped to cast the spell behind, hoping the demon doesn't pursue him. He hustles into the woods and soon is running to and fro, and he hears the sound of something coming towards him, sounds like the motor of a vehicle. He stops as a fully loaded motorcycle with a driver and passenger slowly ambles along a worn dirt road just barely visible through the dense foilage.

The rider looks a lot like Vesper, however, she appears to have a rifle slung in her arm, ready to be used. Behind him Marduk hears the roar of the demon as it recovers from the spell and then there is a loud explosion as the earth shakes and the big blue crackling ley lines crackle with even more energy and light as he feels another nexus open and more magic in use.

Dwergar 25th of January, 2007 03:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando The Archmagi

The rider looks a lot like Vesper, however, she appears to have a rifle slung in her arm, ready to be used. Behind him Marduk hears the roar of the demon as it recovers from the spell and then there is a loud explosion as the earth shakes and the big blue crackling ley lines crackle with even more energy and light as he feels another nexus open and more magic in use.

Cursing beneath his breath Marduk waves down Vesper as she approaches.

"Vesper. Look out. I stunned the demon but i think I also pissed it off. We need to get the hell out of here and we need to do it now."

I move towards her on the bike, the armor of Ithan spell leaving my lips as i walk.

"You think that bike can. aw crap. I left my wingboard back there. Got enough firepower to hold the creature off while i recover that and my rifle?"

Tofu 25th of January, 2007 08:35

I am Dearcher ,Some call me Dearcher Man. I found your friend here lying in the woods. My Rifle in the hands of Vesper has 4 clips, My pistol Dearcher pulls out his Pistol has 4 Clips,Hands the Pistol and 3 clips to Marduk.Showing him how to work the Laser Sight I have Flashlights but we all will need to cordinate attacks so this will be the only light to reveal the target. And I Will Use This Draws his Broadsword. Since seemingly my Armor is at this point in the best shape.

grab your Flyboard and Rifle and as soon as we get clear toss me back my Pistol. I want to not be close to a demon fiend anymore than I have to.
as it stands now I may take some good damages so here. Shows Vesper and marduk where his bandages are on the motorcycle.

Let's be quick about this. Is their anymore with you we have to worry about saveing? Or are you the only one?

{OOC Dearcher man looks well able to defend himself beyond the blade. 6 foot 2 Body Builder type where muscles bulge all over his frame but has a tiny head.
He is bald and eyes seem to be black and have no color even in darkness they can be seen and very erie reason Physical beauty is only a 12. He sports a shoe Horn
Mustache and just a small patch of hair in the crevace under the lip. Chin ,Neck,Sides and Sideburns hairless.Hair Color for face Light Brown but in darkness appears to be just shadowy and can only detect form.}

Lando The Archmagi 26th of January, 2007 03:10

Vesper looks at Marduk, happy that he's alive, smiling as she adjusts the non EBA armor he gave her. She checks the clip in the L-20 Pulse Rifle and says to Dearcher Man,

"These energy weapons might hurt him, but likely your sword won't unless its magical. Do you by chance have a vibro-blade? That will probably be better against the demon. I can take some cover, and shoot the demon to help distract him while you help Marduk grab his gear and then we haul butt towards MercTown or somewhere past the ley lines."

[ooc: Lore Demon tells you that she's correct]

Dwergar 26th of January, 2007 08:05

"Thanks for the gun but i am confident in my abilities that i won't need it. I Hope you don't mind. The three of us can certainly handle distracting it long enough. Just distract it while i get close to my gear."

Marduk turns towards the clearing and shoulders his pack. As he turns away teh sounds of arcane words roll off his tounge and he begins to blend into the background. (Chameleon 6 PPE(Total PPE Usage Aremor=10+ BFlash=1 +6=17)) Marduk starts to walk very slowly towards the clearing to where he left his wingboard and dropped his rifle.

(ooc Note Armor of Ithan lasts 4 minutes, Chameleon lasts 19 minutes(4.5 minutes/level))

Tofu 26th of January, 2007 08:06

Dearcher looks through his gear and replaces his standard Broadsword with a Vibro Broadsword and slaps in a clip. Good Call.I will try and hold the beasts attention if you find opportunity to aid your friend grabbing his gear do so.
and ounce aquired both of you can give me cover fire so I can pull back.
Then getting past the ley Lines sounds good.

I want to end this as quickly as we can so let's get on the move. Tofu starts to take point weapon ready and searching for any surprises.
Dearcher Man has loaded pistol in one hand sword in other laser sight on to find target.

Lando The Archmagi 30th of January, 2007 03:09

Marduk casts some spells and prepares himself for a new encounter with the demon from the rift. He senses all the ley line activity and sees the crackling blue lines brighten briefly as he heads back.

Vesper climbs back on the bike and rides with Dearcher and readies the rifle he gave her. Dearcher has to hold off on keeping his weapons readied as he drives along slowly following Marduk towards where he encountered the demon.

As the three companions near the clearing, Marduk disappears into the foilage using the chamleon spell to hide himself. Dearcher parks his bike behind a huge tree and dismounts, unsheating his vibro-sword and pistol. Vesper takes a spot in the foilage and readies the rifle, looking around for trouble.

Everything looks quiet, the glen is all tore up as though the demon vented its frustrations on it. The wingboard appears to be broken in half. The rifle Marduk finds after look around, its damaged, but useable. The E-clip is drained however. There is no sign of the demon itself.


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 23:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren