Online-Roleplaying.community

Online-Roleplaying.community (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/index.php)
-   All this has happened before (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1645)
-   -   Chapter 2 : Little Drop of Poison (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4242)

BigRedRod 24th of March, 2005 00:44

Chapter 2 : Little Drop of Poison
 
Three days pass under the care and supervision of the devotees at the Cathedral of Pelor, and not without event. Chief among those watching over the party, is Mother Hart, a nun of mixed elven and human blood who seems to have extended her close bond with Sophia to include caring for the others, along with instruction in one or two of Pelor's teachings.

After telling their tale upon arrival, the four were ushered to bed while a group of clerics were dispatched to Sophia's former prison to recover Swires. Each member of the party welcomed a full day of sleep after recent events.

The second day brought Swires' funeral, a solemn and awkward affair, as none of those present knew the priest well enough to say anything of great meaning. Gredrin was charged with saying a few words, little more than a collection of thoughts and feelings from a single night's encounters.

On the third, the three received a visitor. Or rather, Sophia received a visitor and the two brothers were simply present. Sir Gavin DeWark, a dashing young nobleman, came to express his sincere apologies for not being there to protect his love, and for being away from Edinway when Sophia's return was announced. Sir Gavin lamented the fact that he was not gifted with a soldier's skills, or he would hunt down the rest of the vile cultists, he also attempted to have Sophia abandon her duty to the church in order that they be wed so that he could stop anything so ghastly occurring again. Mother Hart, who was present at that particular moment, politely and with more than a hint of subtle mockery insisted that Gavin leave and stop attempting to persuade a champion of Pelor to forsake her God.

The morning of the fourth day brought a message from Cassio, Ward-Sheriff of Edinhumber. Edinhumber, it turns out, is the name of the district which includes a cluster of several of Edinway's more impoverished neighbourhoods along with two sealed plague regions, one of which the party already visited. The message is straight forward, it asks that those responsible for locating the red cultist cell operating in his district report to him today.

Of more immediate concern to Harald is that Gredrin vanished in the night leaving only a scrap of parchment on his bed,
"Sorry"
No one seems to have much idea of where he is, and most seem quite surprised that he managed to leave an eternally active building without being spotted by anyone.

....

The three stand before the young thin man known as Cassio in the small guardhouse at the centre of one of the overcrowded peasant neighbourhoods in Edinhumber. The room is small and contains little more than a desk and a barred window looking down the cobbled streets outside, Cassio stands behind his desk. News of Gredrin's dissapearnce only seems to trouble him briefly before he begins to explain the purpose of calling the party to him,
"With the servants of Pelor who recovered your late companion's body from within the quarantine zone, and your own exploits I'm prepared to start work on removin' the seals. The Gods know that we need the land with how the population of this city swells every day, even with the best efforts of the men on the gates. The Broken Tower region is small, and accordin' to my maps has three public wells ..."

Cassio points to three red dots on the map of the region which is spread across his desk,
"From what the scholars tell me, if any plague remains it will most likely be in the water. I need to know whether these wells are poisoned and I'd like you to be the ones to investigate. I'm aware of the threat of these rat creatures so if you happen across any you should feel free to bring me their left paws. Once we're certain that's safe for people to start movin' back in I'll be paying them three silver bits for every one they bring in, and I'm offerin' you the same right now."

"You may have noticed that we aren't exactly affluent around these parts, so I can't offer you much except the rat bounties. What I can say is that we don't call it the Broken Tower for nothin'."
Cassio prods the map,
"An old wizard used to have a tower in there, folks blamed him for startin' the plague and he was one of the first to fall ill. The tower fell to pieces years ago, but I'd guess that if you have a good search you can uncover some treasures. Plus I'm gonna to have a see if any of the other Ward-Sheriff's have had problems with red-robed moon fanatics, I'm told you are after a girl, maybe this'll help you if you help us"

Rockwolf 26th of March, 2005 02:15

Sophia turned to Gavin, eyes saddened, and lips trembling.

"Gavin... I'm sorry. After what happened, I don't know if I could ever be the wife and mother that you would wish for me to be. Mother Hart tells me that time heals all wounds... but, I don't know if that could apply to my... experiences. I'm... I'm sorry."

After he left, Sophia merely sat upon the foot of her bed, weeping softly into her hands as Mother Hart tried to comfort her. They had shared in the grisly details of what transpired in those dungeons. Quietly, she whispered to the kind old nun.

"Mother Hart... those herbs we talked about. I.. I don't know for sure... but, I've been feeling very sick in the mornings. I... I think I'll need that bitter tea. I.... I cannot carry... any legacy of those fiends."

The Alcotroll 31st of March, 2005 05:40

Though he will not speak of it, his brother's disappearance has had a profound effect on Harald. His face bears little expression and his eyes seem devoid of emotion as they flicker from the map, to the official and back again. At the mention of the missing girl, his jaw clenches, but aside from this he makes no comment or movement until the man has finished.

He breaks the expectant silence with three words:

"We will go."

BigRedRod 1st of April, 2005 01:51

Cassio offers a silent nod and hands a heavy iron key to Harald,
"Try to not let the folks round here see what you're up to. I don't want it advertised that people are goin' back to the Broken Tower before it's safe. Well then I'll wish you good luck, and bid you good day."
The Ward-Sheriff returns to his desk as the trio leave his office and head down the stairs. The solitary guardsmen the group pass on their way out, sits at the main desk polishing one of his boots with a rag and barely looks up at the party.

The air is still but carries both a chill and the odour of too many people living too close together with not enough money. Walking with purpose down the cobbled streets, the three remain silent, one carries the burden of a lost brother who was placed in his care, another still reels from her ordeal in the very place they are returning to, and the third is left with only himself to talk to.

Small and iron-bound, the door set into the large wall built to contain the plague looks the same as it did on Harald and Meleaga's first visit. Traffic on the street is minor and those that do pass seem to have their own concerns that don't involve staring at the small group by the plague-door. The lock is rusty and the door seems to enjoy its position within the frame, never the less Harald inserts the key in to the lock and attempts to persuade the door to open. Eventually the key turns with a loud snapping noise and the lock is freed from the door.

At first the door resists all efforts to open, but finally it yields to the Northern warrior's strength and bursts open with a shower of rust. Quickly passing through the portal, Sophia closes the door behind them and hopes that nobody heard the noise or will have cause to inspect the now obviously unlocked and unstuck door.

Three public wells are contained inside the forbidden district of Edinhumber. The first lies outside the former lair of the Moon Bringers. The second is at the opposite end of the district, by the side of one of the main streets. And the third lies not far from the party, down a narrow alleyway off the street ahead. Cassio's map showed the three wells forming a triangle with the districts' namesake at the centre.

Rockwolf 3rd of April, 2005 16:57

Looking back at the rust-ridden door that is now closed behind them, Sophia turns to her two companions.

"Well, the first well is supposed to be just over there. Shall we proceed?"

SponkleofInfini 4th of April, 2005 10:14

"Indeed..."

Meleaga draws his cloak around himself as in a mundane attempt to hide himself from this place.

The Alcotroll 4th of April, 2005 10:56

Harald indicates readiness by tightening his shield straps and drawing his sword.

"I'll go first. Meleaga can follow, Sophia can go last. Happy? Let's go."

BigRedRod 4th of April, 2005 22:36

Striding ahead of the other two, Harald walks with great confidence along the route he remembers from Cassio's map. So deep in concentration is he attempting to convert the complex drawing in to the even more complicated network of cobbled streets, small debris filled alleys, and buildings of all size and shape that he has already emerged from the smaller road connected to the rusty door and on to the wider main artery of the district by the time he notices a swarm of furred predators closing in on a hapless youth.

These particular rats are much larger and more bestial in appearance than the group encountered on the first trip in to the Broken Tower district. None wield weapons, but their claws are much larger then their smaller cousins' as are their teeth. And in the midst of the five feral ratlings stands a youth, grasping a thin blade, missing a large section of the front his shirt, bleeding from a trio parallel claw wounds on his chest, and clearly very much out of his depth.

Initiative
Meleaga
Sophia
Harald
Bestial Rat 1
Bestial Rat 2
Youth (F)
Bestial Rat 3
Bestial Rat 4
Bestial Rat 5

Map
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 2o 6w rs 0 9zabk 2o 34 2o 6w *s -1 3c 6w rs 0 9zabk 3c 34
@3c 6w *s -1 2o 50 rs 0 9zabk -2o 50 2o 50 *s -1 7g 50 rs 0 9zabk
@-s 50 7g 4c *s -1 7g 40 rs 0 9zabk -s 40 7g 34 *s -1 3c 40 rs 0
@9zabk 3c 40 -3c 40 *s -1 54 6c rs 0 0 1k 3o 4w 3o 54 6c 1s 6c 1k
@3o *s -1 6g 6g rs 0 0 3s 3k 68 34 6g 5c 48 6g 3s 3k *s -1 7g 4s
@rs 0 0 5o 4s 7g 4s *s -1 6k 64 rs 0 0 6k 3g 6k 64 *s -1 7g 6g rs
@0 0 5o 5s 7g 6g *s -1 5k 6w rs 0 0 1c 6w 1k 60 4w 60 5k 6w *s -1
@2k 6w rs 0 0 2k 6w 2k 5s 18 5s k 6w *s -1 1h 6c rs 0 0 w 3w 1c
@58 1k 5o 14 64 -14 6c -o 3w w 3w *s -1 2i 6a rs 0 0 4 4g 2k 40
@2k 68 k 5s *s -1 1o 40 rs 0 0 -10 40 18 40 1o 3c 1o 1c -10 1c
@-10 40 *s -1 3c 40 rs 0 0 8 40 g 3c g o 3c o 3c 2o 1c 2o 1c 40 g
@40 *s -3 6q 6a rs 0 *s -1 54 3w rs 0 0 1k 2k 2g 3w 54 3g 3s 18
@1k 1w 1k 2k *s -1 50 34 rs 0 0 50 1s 4k 34 *s -1 6c 3o rs 0 0 3w
@3o 64 3o 6c 10 3o 18 *s -1 7c 3o rs 0 0 54 3o 7c 3g 7c 1o 5c 18 *s
@-3 bk 8l rs 0 F *s -3 c4 7w rs 0 R1 *s -3 c6 98 rs 0 R2 *s -3 av
@8m rs 0 R3 *s -3 dj 8l rs 0 R4 *s -3 aw 98 rs 0 R5 *s -3 67 97
@rs 0 H *s -3 5l 9x rs 0 M *s -3 68 aj rs 0 S
*END 4j01m0

SponkleofInfini 5th of April, 2005 09:49

"Hmm, more rats."

With a sigh, drawing a Scroll of Shield from his organiser Meleaga reads the incantations written upon the parchmant.

(OOC: Draw shield scroll from scroll organiser and casting shield.)

Rockwolf 5th of April, 2005 23:02

Sophia gawks for a second at the scene that is unfolding, then realizes the peril of the young man being surrounded. Not wasting a moment to think about the situation, she grips her mace and runs to assist the boy, swinging her mace at the creature on the left.

[ooc: Charge attack on R3.]

The Alcotroll 5th of April, 2005 23:33

Following Sophia, Harald hurls himself at the nearest unengaged rat-man and takes a hefty swing at it's head with his sword.

[OOC; charging R5]

BigRedRod 6th of April, 2005 01:22

Letting his companions rush ahead, Meleaga calmly draws a scroll and begins to read aloud the mystic language, the spell completes and the scroll falls to pieces in the hands of the wizard as it crumbles to ash. Although nothing seems to have changed with the spell completed, the man takes comfort in knowing that he is now protected by a tower shield of pure invisible force.

Sophia charges toward the creatures with Harald only a few feet behind, as she draws near the creature it begins to turn around in order to avoid the attack. Sophia also twists as she grips her mace and swings around landing a solid blow to the side of the brown-furred monstrosity's head. There is a sick crunch as the head rotates much further than it's neck would like to allow, and the lifeless rat drops to the ground.

The northern warrior's foe manages something along the lines of a dodging motion, but Harald's blade sweeps downward and leaves a nasty wound down the length of it's torso. Despite the grievous damage, however, it refuses to fall to the ground as it's companion did.

Enraged by Sophia's delivery of a swift death to his ally, the rearmost rat gives up on Finn and rushes forward. As it moves it makes a deep rumbling noise, more akin to a mountain lion's roar than any noise a rat should make. Using the distraction to his advantage, Finn thrusts his thin blade at the creature as it attempts to pass him, although his attack does little more than scratch the hulking monster. Leaping over it's fallen friend, the creature rakes at Sophia with a huge clawed paw, although the devout of Pelor manages to deflect the blow with her shield.

Not as easily distracted, the rat closest to Finn throws one of its powerful arms out at him in a claw-studded punch. Unable to move out of the way in time, the youth relies on his armour to absorb the blow. The claws fail to penetrate the studded leather but the force of the blow still sends him reeling.


Initiative
Meleaga
Sophia
Harald
Bestial Rat 1
Bestial Rat 2
Youth (F)
Bestial Rat 3 (down)
Bestial Rat 4
Bestial Rat 5

Map
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 2o 6w rs 0 9zabk 2o 34 2o 6w *s -1 3c 6w rs 0 9zabk 3c 34
@3c 6w *s -1 2o 50 rs 0 9zabk -2o 50 2o 50 *s -1 7g 50 rs 0 9zabk
@-s 50 7g 4c *s -1 7g 40 rs 0 9zabk -s 40 7g 34 *s -1 3c 40 rs 0
@9zabk 3c 40 -3c 40 *s -1 54 6c rs 0 0 1k 3o 4w 3o 54 6c 1s 6c 1k
@3o *s -1 6g 6g rs 0 0 3s 3k 68 34 6g 5c 48 6g 3s 3k *s -1 7g 4s
@rs 0 0 5o 4s 7g 4s *s -1 6k 64 rs 0 0 6k 3g 6k 64 *s -1 7g 6g rs
@0 0 5o 5s 7g 6g *s -1 5k 6w rs 0 0 1c 6w 1k 60 4w 60 5k 6w *s -1
@2k 6w rs 0 0 2k 6w 2k 5s 18 5s k 6w *s -1 1i 6c rs 0 0 v 3w 1b
@58 1j 5o 13 64 -15 6c -p 3w v 3w *s -1 2j 69 rs 0 0 3 4h 2j 41
@2j 69 j 5t *s -1 1o 40 rs 0 0 -10 40 18 40 1o 3c 1o 1c -10 1c
@-10 40 *s -1 3c 40 rs 0 0 8 40 g 3c g o 3c o 3c 2o 1c 2o 1c 40 g
@40 *s -3 6q 6a rs 0 *s -1 54 3w rs 0 0 1k 2k 2g 3w 54 3g 3s 18
@1k 1w 1k 2k *s -1 50 34 rs 0 0 50 1s 4k 34 *s -1 6c 3o rs 0 0 3w
@3o 64 3o 6c 10 3o 18 *s -1 7c 3o rs 0 0 54 3o 7c 3g 7c 1o 5c 18 *s
@-3 bk 8l rs 0 F *s -3 as 7w rs 0 R1 *s -3 c6 98 rs 0 R2 *s -3 av
@8m rs 0 R3 *s -3 dj 8l rs 0 R4 *s -3 aw 98 rs 0 R5 *s -3 a8 96
@rs 0 H *s -3 5l 9x rs 0 M *s -3 a6 8j rs 0 S *s -1 5o 4c rs 0
@9y6tc 50 4c 5o 3o *s -1 5o 4c rs 0 9y6tc 5o 4c 50 3o
*END -2pkorz

Flagg Thornington 6th of April, 2005 04:43

Frantically trying to parry a flurry of claws and diseased fangs Finn whirls around with his rapier. The blood trickling down his stomach is warm, any deeper and he'd be holding his intestines in his hands. Seeing a perfect opportunity the rogue turns his blade on the rat that struck him taking care to avoid another wound.

[ooc- fighting defensively attacking rat SE of Finn. Followed by a five foot step NE]

BigRedRod 6th of April, 2005 05:26

Attempting a swift forwards lunge and backstep, Finn's rapier is batted aside by his foe before it comes near to drawing blood from the creature. Stepping backwards, Finn becomes the target of another of the creatures. Rushing at him from the side, Finn reacts with catlike grace and manages to duck the horizontal sweep from the large feral creature.

Harald's target shows unexpected cunning in combat as it feints with a paw strike from the left and then lunges forward and clamps its jaw on Harald's arm as he moves to defends himself. Several of the large pointed teeth pierce through his armour, but thankfully the rat releases its hold after less than a second. Looking at the wounded monster, Harald notices it doesn't seem quite as wounded as it was moments ago when made a large incision down its torso. All that remains of the sword stroke is a shallow wound on its upper chest.

Initiative
Meleaga
Sophia
Harald
Bestial Rat 1
Bestial Rat 2
Youth (F)
Bestial Rat 3 (down)
Bestial Rat 4
Bestial Rat 5

Map
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 2o 6w rs 0 9zabk 2o 34 2o 6w *s -1 3c 6w rs 0 9zabk 3c 34
@3c 6w *s -1 2o 50 rs 0 9zabk -2o 50 2o 50 *s -1 7g 50 rs 0 9zabk
@-s 50 7g 4c *s -1 7g 40 rs 0 9zabk -s 40 7g 34 *s -1 3c 40 rs 0
@9zabk 3c 40 -3c 40 *s -1 54 6c rs 0 0 1k 3o 4w 3o 54 6c 1s 6c 1k
@3o *s -1 6g 6g rs 0 0 3s 3k 68 34 6g 5c 48 6g 3s 3k *s -1 7g 4s
@rs 0 0 5o 4s 7g 4s *s -1 6k 64 rs 0 0 6k 3g 6k 64 *s -1 7g 6g rs
@0 0 5o 5s 7g 6g *s -1 5k 6w rs 0 0 1c 6w 1k 60 4w 60 5k 6w *s -1
@2k 6w rs 0 0 2k 6w 2k 5s 18 5s k 6w *s -1 1i 6c rs 0 0 v 3w 1b
@58 1j 5o 13 64 -15 6c -p 3w v 3w *s -1 2j 69 rs 0 0 3 4h 2j 41
@2j 69 j 5t *s -1 1o 40 rs 0 0 -10 40 18 40 1o 3c 1o 1c -10 1c
@-10 40 *s -1 3c 40 rs 0 0 8 40 g 3c g o 3c o 3c 2o 1c 2o 1c 40 g
@40 *s -3 6q 6a rs 0 *s -1 54 3w rs 0 0 1k 2k 2g 3w 54 3g 3s 18
@1k 1w 1k 2k *s -1 50 34 rs 0 0 50 1s 4k 34 *s -1 6c 3o rs 0 0 3w
@3o 64 3o 6c 10 3o 18 *s -1 7c 3o rs 0 0 54 3o 7c 3g 7c 1o 5c 18 *s
@-3 c7 7w rs 0 F *s -3 as 7w rs 0 R1 *s -3 c6 98 rs 0 R2 *s -3 av
@8m rs 0 R3 *s -3 cr 7w rs 0 R4 *s -3 aw 98 rs 0 R5 *s -3 a8 96
@rs 0 H *s -3 5l 9x rs 0 M *s -3 a6 8j rs 0 S *s -1 5o 4c rs 0
@9y6tc 50 4c 5o 3o *s -1 5o 4c rs 0 9y6tc 5o 4c 50 3o
*END glcur3

SponkleofInfini 6th of April, 2005 13:54

Feeling more assured of his own protection; Meleaga moves forward stopping not far behind his companions. Pulling his hand back and thrusting it forward a ball of energy rockets forth to the rat Harald is engaging.

(OOC: Move to the square 10ft behind Harald, casting magic missile on R5.)

Rockwolf 6th of April, 2005 22:33

Sophia calls out to both Harald and Meleaga.

"I need to get to that boy, his wounds are severe! Cut these beasts down quickly!"

As if the words were even needed, Sophia then winds up and swings with all of her might at the ratman fighting Harald, hoping to break a wide hole in their shoddy defensive line.

The Alcotroll 7th of April, 2005 00:06

Cursing, Harald abandones finesse and relies on brute strength instead, reasoning that such a bulky target should be less agile. He puts all his force into the blow that he aims upwards at the rat-thing's torso.

[OOC: power attack with all my BAB]

BigRedRod 7th of April, 2005 00:36

Whispering more arcane words learnt at his time in Hollowfaust, Meleaga channels the ambient magical energies into a ball of force and hurls it towards Harald's quarry. The pinkish orb strikes the rat firmly on the top of his elongated head, making the creature wince in pain.

With unstoppable force, Sophia's mace sweeps diagonally through the air towards the rat-man still recoiling from Meleaga's magical assault. It offers only a poor excuse for a dodge with a backward lean, however, the mace touches only empty air as the swing completes.

Harald has slightly more luck with his own blow, abandoning the finesse which disciples of the blade spend many years learning and performing a wild upwards swing with his large sword. The gamble pays off however as the blade cleaves straight through the rat-beast's left leg and buries itself in its groin after snapping a few bones during the journey. Blood gushes from the creature staining its filthy brown fur with its own blood.

With her desire to save the youth and focus on Harald's now fallen target, Sophia neglects the rat which has given her its full attention and receives a powerful claw rake to her neck and shoulder. Filth-encrusted, razor-sharp claws lodge in to the cleric's neck and pull downwards across her shoulder. A few of the leather strips which form the framework for Sophia's banded mail, are pulled free landing on the cobbles with metallic clanging noises where the metal plates sewn on op impact with the hard stones. Blood pours freely down from her neck and the servant of Pelor praises her God and her luck that the claws didn't dig any deeper; such a blow would have meant certain death.
The remaining unengaged rat chooses to exact vengeance upon Harald, his shield is batted aside and the claws of the rat dig three long gouges in his right thigh, splitting the armour plates which try to intervene.



Initiative
Meleaga
Sophia
Harald
Bestial Rat 1
Bestial Rat 2
Youth (F)
Bestial Rat 3 (down)
Bestial Rat 4
Bestial Rat 5 (down)

Map
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 2o 6w rs 0 9zabk 2o 34 2o 6w *s -1 3c 6w rs 0 9zabk 3c 34
@3c 6w *s -1 2o 50 rs 0 9zabk -2o 50 2o 50 *s -1 7g 50 rs 0 9zabk
@-s 50 7g 4c *s -1 7g 40 rs 0 9zabk -s 40 7g 34 *s -1 3c 40 rs 0
@9zabk 3c 40 -3c 40 *s -1 54 6c rs 0 0 1k 3o 4w 3o 54 6c 1s 6c 1k
@3o *s -1 6g 6g rs 0 0 3s 3k 68 34 6g 5c 48 6g 3s 3k *s -1 7g 4s
@rs 0 0 5o 4s 7g 4s *s -1 6k 64 rs 0 0 6k 3g 6k 64 *s -1 7g 6g rs
@0 0 5o 5s 7g 6g *s -1 5k 6w rs 0 0 1c 6w 1k 60 4w 60 5k 6w *s -1
@2k 6w rs 0 0 2k 6w 2k 5s 18 5s k 6w *s -1 1i 6c rs 0 0 v 3w 1b
@58 1j 5o 13 64 -15 6c -p 3w v 3w *s -1 2j 69 rs 0 0 3 4h 2j 41
@2j 69 j 5t *s -1 1o 40 rs 0 0 -10 40 18 40 1o 3c 1o 1c -10 1c
@-10 40 *s -1 3c 40 rs 0 0 8 40 g 3c g o 3c o 3c 2o 1c 2o 1c 40 g
@40 *s -3 6q 6a rs 0 *s -1 54 3w rs 0 0 1k 2k 2g 3w 54 3g 3s 18
@1k 1w 1k 2k *s -1 50 34 rs 0 0 50 1s 4k 34 *s -1 6c 3o rs 0 0 3w
@3o 64 3o 6c 10 3o 18 *s -1 7c 3o rs 0 0 54 3o 7c 3g 7c 1o 5c 18 *s
@-3 c7 7w rs 0 F *s -3 as 7w rs 0 R1 *s -3 at 95 rs 0 R2 *s -3 av
@8m rs 0 R3 *s -3 cr 7w rs 0 R4 *s -3 bh 98 rs 0 R5 *s -3 a8 96
@rs 0 H *s -3 8s 96 rs 0 M *s -3 a6 8j rs 0 S *s -1 5o 4c rs 0
@9y6tc 50 4c 5o 3o *s -1 5o 4c rs 0 9y6tc 5o 4c 50 3o *s -1 6a 4n
@rs 0 9y6tc 50 4o 5o 40 *s -1 6a 4n rs 0 9y6tc 5o 4o 50 40
*END cn4xl8

Flagg Thornington 7th of April, 2005 02:25

Finn spends the next few moments dodging the rat that chose to attack him, then steps behind the rat that raked the newly arrived woman to provide her with a flanker. The rouge then thrusts with his rapier hoping to exploit an opening.

[ooc 5-foot step W flank and attack the rat that clawed Sophia, assign dodge bonus to rat 4]

BigRedRod 7th of April, 2005 03:30

In a smooth flowing action, Finn ducks away from one of the rat creatures, takes a few short steps whiling turning around and finally lunges forwards with rapier at the creature currently battling Sophia. As smooth as the action might of been, however, the rogue fails to coordinate the different aspects and ends up thrusting in to empty air rather than into his target.

Determined not to allow its prey to escape so easily, Finn's former opponent leaps after him, sweeping one his massive clawed paws as he lands. The blow barely makes contact with the swift rogue however, and any force is absorbs entirely by the thick metal-studded leather he wears.



Initiative
Meleaga
Sophia
Harald
Bestial Rat 1
Bestial Rat 2
Youth (F)
Bestial Rat 3 (down)
Bestial Rat 4
Bestial Rat 5 (down)

Map
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 2o 6w rs 0 9zabk 2o 34 2o 6w *s -1 3c 6w rs 0 9zabk 3c 34
@3c 6w *s -1 2o 50 rs 0 9zabk -2o 50 2o 50 *s -1 7g 50 rs 0 9zabk
@-s 50 7g 4c *s -1 7g 40 rs 0 9zabk -s 40 7g 34 *s -1 3c 40 rs 0
@9zabk 3c 40 -3c 40 *s -1 54 6c rs 0 0 1k 3o 4w 3o 54 6c 1s 6c 1k
@3o *s -1 6g 6g rs 0 0 3s 3k 68 34 6g 5c 48 6g 3s 3k *s -1 7g 4s
@rs 0 0 5o 4s 7g 4s *s -1 6k 64 rs 0 0 6k 3g 6k 64 *s -1 7g 6g rs
@0 0 5o 5s 7g 6g *s -1 5k 6w rs 0 0 1c 6w 1k 60 4w 60 5k 6w *s -1
@2k 6w rs 0 0 2k 6w 2k 5s 18 5s k 6w *s -1 1i 6c rs 0 0 v 3w 1b
@58 1j 5o 13 64 -15 6c -p 3w v 3w *s -1 2j 69 rs 0 0 3 4h 2j 41
@2j 69 j 5t *s -1 1o 40 rs 0 0 -10 40 18 40 1o 3c 1o 1c -10 1c
@-10 40 *s -1 3c 40 rs 0 0 8 40 g 3c g o 3c o 3c 2o 1c 2o 1c 40 g
@40 *s -3 6q 6a rs 0 *s -1 54 3w rs 0 0 1k 2k 2g 3w 54 3g 3s 18
@1k 1w 1k 2k *s -1 50 34 rs 0 0 50 1s 4k 34 *s -1 6c 3o rs 0 0 3w
@3o 64 3o 6c 10 3o 18 *s -1 7c 3o rs 0 0 54 3o 7c 3g 7c 1o 5c 18 *s
@-3 bl 7x rs 0 F *s -3 as 7w rs 0 R1 *s -3 at 95 rs 0 R2 *s -3 av
@8m rs 0 R3 *s -3 c4 7v rs 0 R4 *s -3 bh 98 rs 0 R5 *s -3 a8 96
@rs 0 H *s -3 8s 96 rs 0 M *s -3 a6 8j rs 0 S *s -1 5o 4c rs 0
@9y6tc 50 4c 5o 3o *s -1 5o 4c rs 0 9y6tc 5o 4c 50 3o *s -1 5z 4n
@rs 0 9y6tc 5b 4o 5z 40 *s -1 5z 4n rs 0 9y6tc 5z 4o 5b 40
*END -6wdw4g

SponkleofInfini 8th of April, 2005 20:58

"Damn these infernal rats..."

Frustrated with his inability to help with the groups current plight; Meleaga reluctantly draws the crossbow which to this point has served as more a liability then an aid in combat, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

(OCC: Draw and load crossbow -_-'.)

Rockwolf 9th of April, 2005 21:04

Shock in her face as pieces of her armor fall clattering to the cold hard ground, Sophia directs her attention away from preserving others lives, and focuses on keeping her own skin intact. With a scream of exertion, she swings her mace in a brutal downward arc at the creature with her blood on its claws.

The Alcotroll 9th of April, 2005 21:14

Screaming in rage and more than a little pain, Harald recovers his up-swinging blade and brings it slicing back down again, moving his shield back into position to fend off the rat's claws as he does so.

[OOC; 'nother power attack on R2]

BigRedRod 9th of April, 2005 21:57

Dropping down on one knee, Meleaga grips his crossbow and slides a bolt in to the mechanism. Hastily the wizard winds the winch, while before him the battle continues to rage.

Sophia spins around and delivers a powerful blow to the side of the creature's torso with her mace, despite gasping for breath briefly the rat-beast seems eager to continue the fight.

The blade of the Jarl swings downwards in a display of raw power over technique. A display which his foe easily avoids with a swift backward hop, leaving the sword to strike one of the cobble stones covering the ground, leaving it split in to small angular shapes.

Unaware of the damage caused by Sophia's mace the beast lashes out again with a claw rake, however, the bruised muscles around its ribs cry out in pain at their sudden movement and cause the blow to stutter, giving Sophia more than enough time to bat away the blow with her shield.

Sandwiches between two of the creatures, Finn finds that his concentration is split and yet somehow he manages to avoid the snapping jaws of one of the monstrosities.

Initiative
Meleaga
Sophia
Harald
Bestial Rat 1
Bestial Rat 2
Youth (F)
Bestial Rat 3 (down)
Bestial Rat 4
Bestial Rat 5 (down)

Map
Drop this text at http://www.irony.com/java/mmee
*BEGIN 0 0 rs 0
*s -1 2o 6w rs 0 9zabk 2o 34 2o 6w *s -1 3c 6w rs 0 9zabk 3c 34
@3c 6w *s -1 2o 50 rs 0 9zabk -2o 50 2o 50 *s -1 7g 50 rs 0 9zabk
@-s 50 7g 4c *s -1 7g 40 rs 0 9zabk -s 40 7g 34 *s -1 3c 40 rs 0
@9zabk 3c 40 -3c 40 *s -1 54 6c rs 0 0 1k 3o 4w 3o 54 6c 1s 6c 1k
@3o *s -1 6g 6g rs 0 0 3s 3k 68 34 6g 5c 48 6g 3s 3k *s -1 7g 4s
@rs 0 0 5o 4s 7g 4s *s -1 6k 64 rs 0 0 6k 3g 6k 64 *s -1 7g 6g rs
@0 0 5o 5s 7g 6g *s -1 5k 6w rs 0 0 1c 6w 1k 60 4w 60 5k 6w *s -1
@2k 6w rs 0 0 2k 6w 2k 5s 18 5s k 6w *s -1 1i 6c rs 0 0 v 3w 1b
@58 1j 5o 13 64 -15 6c -p 3w v 3w *s -1 2j 69 rs 0 0 3 4h 2j 41
@2j 69 j 5t *s -1 1o 40 rs 0 0 -10 40 18 40 1o 3c 1o 1c -10 1c
@-10 40 *s -1 3c 40 rs 0 0 8 40 g 3c g o 3c o 3c 2o 1c 2o 1c 40 g
@40 *s -3 6q 6a rs 0 *s -1 54 3w rs 0 0 1k 2k 2g 3w 54 3g 3s 18
@1k 1w 1k 2k *s -1 50 34 rs 0 0 50 1s 4k 34 *s -1 6c 3o rs 0 0 3w
@3o 64 3o 6c 10 3o 18 *s -1 7c 3o rs 0 0 54 3o 7c 3g 7c 1o 5c 18 *s
@-3 bl 7x rs 0 F *s -3 as 7w rs 0 R1 *s -3 at 95 rs 0 R2 *s -3 av
@8m rs 0 R3 *s -3 c4 7v rs 0 R4 *s -3 bh 98 rs 0 R5 *s -3 a8 96
@rs 0 H *s -3 8s 96 rs 0 M *s -3 a6 8j rs 0 S *s -1 5o 4c rs 0
@9y6tc 50 4c 5o 3o *s -1 5o 4c rs 0 9y6tc 5o 4c 50 3o *s -1 5z 4n
@rs 0 9y6tc 5b 4o 5z 40 *s -1 5z 4n rs 0 9y6tc 5z 4o 5b 40
*END -6wdw4g

SponkleofInfini 9th of April, 2005 23:43

After loading his crossbow Meleaga quickly moves to his left and takes aim at the creature engaging the youth.

"Dont fail me now."

With a deep breath Meleaga fires.

(OOC: Move 5ft up and fire upon R1, reloading afterwoods.)


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 18:19.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Graphics by Koert van Kleef (T0N!C) and Lyle Warren