Online-Roleplaying.community

Online-Roleplaying.community (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/index.php)
-   Jiangu! (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=889)
-   -   Jiangu OOC 5 (http://online-roleplaying.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6621)

crueldespot 15th of August, 2006 12:20

Jiangu OOC 5

Everyone has turned in their new character sheet, or at least a first attempt. Thanks.

Character sheets
Flarrgj, Fugen, Nimdor, and Termix are good.
Gizerak, Kierna, and Linus still have problems/questions that need fixing.

treehouse 15th of August, 2006 12:25

I'll get a revised Kierna to you soon, CD. I planned on getting it done at work today, but work was unusually busy.

crueldespot 15th of August, 2006 12:31

Merc,

I tried to reply to your PM, but your PM box is full.

Linus is missing disable device skill. Please fix.

generaljimX 15th of August, 2006 13:45

I get to comand a golem. Can't make it fight for me, but still, its pretty cool.

Mercutio 15th of August, 2006 21:52

Oops. Fixed.

Also CD, sigs are still on in the IC thread.

crueldespot 16th of August, 2006 01:22

Thanks, Merc. Fixed.

treehouse 16th of August, 2006 03:08

Kierna's updated character sheet should be in the mail, CD. Sorry about the delay.

Black Plauge 16th of August, 2006 03:37

Going back to the issue with the ability score recovery, I believe that CD failed to take into account the fact that Linus was getting complete bed rest, which already doubled the normal 1 point per night's rest rate to 2. Long term care (had it ever been successful) would have doubled it again to 4 points.

Black Plauge 16th of August, 2006 03:38

Oh, and has the map in the campaign info thread been updated to reflect your recent changes?

Mercutio 16th of August, 2006 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Plauge
Going back to the issue with the ability score recovery, I believe that CD failed to take into account the fact that Linus was getting complete bed rest, which already doubled the normal 1 point per night's rest rate to 2. Long term care (had it ever been successful) would have doubled it again to 4 points.

I'm over it. And Linus is back to normal. He probably should have been hit with cackle fever on the trip home, so I'm definitely not in favor of retconning this situation. Maybe Linus can actually find and disarm a friggin trap finally... :)

Black Plauge 16th of August, 2006 04:44

I'm not interested in any kind of "redo" on what's already happened. I'm just trying to clarify the rules so that if it happens again (to Linus or someone else) the character will recover appropriately.

Black Plauge 16th of August, 2006 04:46

Oh, and since no one objected to my proposed division of the gold loot, I take it no one objects.

Just in case:
Quote:

I'm going to advise the following: Termix take a 200gp share, giving him two pages worth of funds to play around with (so either two first level spells, or one second). Everyone else gets 356.04 gp.

crueldespot 16th of August, 2006 08:36

The disease section says 1 pt/day but it doesn't specify full rest or not, so I'll give you the doubled rate for full bed rest in the future.

Linklegacy77 16th of August, 2006 10:46

Alright, and I assume Nimdor does not get a share of the treasure, correct?

generaljimX 16th of August, 2006 13:12

I'll take 100 gp of Termix' share and learn comprehend languages from the scroll before our meeting with Golock.

crueldespot 16th of August, 2006 19:39

Planning, route selection, etc will be important for this adventure. If you have questions about the map, you can get answers through knowledge and/or gather information checks.

Linklegacy77 16th of August, 2006 21:31

Just because it seems obvious to me after reading it, don't you mean a no-dachi instead of a katana?

(not to be a pedant or anything)

Black Plauge 17th of August, 2006 00:18

No, Nimdor doesn't get a share of the treasure. You have to earn your share of loot.

Mercutio 17th of August, 2006 00:54

Linus earned 356 GP from the mission, and 20 GP from being a henchman. He bought the warpony and a military saddle. He has 256 GP left. What else should he look at procuring? He'll restock his quiver. I thought about some some masterwork thieves tools, but they may not be necessary. Other than that, I thought about potions of CLW.

Black Plauge 17th of August, 2006 02:19

MW thieves tools might help him not get sick next time he tangles with a trap, but I don't know that they'll be useful on this mission.

I'm kind of in the same boat with Fugen. I've got money and I need to figure out if I'm going to spend it or save it so as to start building up the purchase price for a magic item.

Linklegacy77 17th of August, 2006 02:56

And here I thought I was recruited to handle traps!

Mercutio 17th of August, 2006 03:08

Yeah, cause Linus sucks at them. I haven't successfully disarmed one trap yet. I managed to de-rig a primitive ballista and then use it on a hobgoblin though...after sneaking into a (poorly) guarded compound and coup de grasing a sleeping goblin.

Black Plauge 17th of August, 2006 03:50

What is Linus' specialty supposed to be anyway? If Nimrod has the traps covered, then it's all the more reason for Linus not to spend the 100 gp on MW thieves tools.

Mercutio 17th of August, 2006 04:09

That's the problem. Linus has maxed out ranks in the trapfinding business, and still sucks at them. It doesn't help that he's the second lowest character in level (assuming Nimdor came in at the same level.)

Edit: And it everyone catch BP's Freudian slip? Nimrod. Ha!

Linklegacy77 17th of August, 2006 04:18

I did, I was wondering if it was on purpose or an accident.

And Nimdor came in at level 3, and he's pretty good with traps.