PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 7: In pursuit of justice continued....


Lando The Archmagi
16th of January, 2007, 10:48
Jackson takes position right behind Buck as he leads his horse up the rocky trail towards where the mounted fellow road off too.

DosSantos, Jeb, Jose, Doc Wheeler and Doc London all mount up and follow with Raven behind as she loads up Randall's horse with her gear.

The hills are eerily quiet beyond the noise of all the horses and the gear strapped or hanging onto them.

[ooc: Anyone trying to track? Spot/Listen checks]

Flagg Thornington
19th of January, 2007, 12:22
When the posse saddles up Buck follows suit and puts his boots in his stirrups. After riding a short spell, the deputized Texan stops and turns to the other riders. "I reckon I feel like a sittin' duck just ridin' along like we'is."

Buck stows his rifle and fetches his new shotgun while proceding to speak in his southern drawl.

"I figure we need a scout to sneak on up ahead. So as to see what we's up 'gainst. They already know's we's comin', y'all best be careful."

xenonnights
19th of January, 2007, 19:38
Riding up the hill, Raven keeps her Revolver unlashed and her eyes vigilant as she watches the others in front of her and occasionally looks behind her to make sure they are not being followed.

Lucky
21st of January, 2007, 11:03
Jeb follows the others up the slope, scanning the higher slopes for any signs of enemies.

"I figure we need a scout to sneak on up ahead. So as to see what we's up 'gainst. They already know's we's comin', y'all best be careful."
Jeb dismounts and walks to the front, leading Daisy. "Well, I tried to look for some tracks where we met that kid but I couldn't see anything. If'n we ain't following 'em by sight, I'd say we all dismount and go a bit slower so's I can look for their tracks."

With that, Jeb goes to the front and while following the trail, he looks for telltale signs of the tracks of the Wild Bunch.

OOC
Track (Survival): 11 (Roll) +6 (Skill) = 17 (without Tracking modifiers)
Spot 19 (Roll) + 6 (Skill) = 25
Listen 8 (Roll) + 1 (Skill) = 9

Lando The Archmagi
22nd of January, 2007, 13:35
After a brief and hurried ride up the twisting rocky trail you lose sight of the mounted figure and Buck slows his horse and swaps out his rifle for his shotgun.

Hearing Buck's words, Jackson nods and puts up his rifle and dismounts leading his horse. He draws one of his dual pistols. "Aye, its likely they'll try to ambush us." He puffs his cigar and looks at the others as Raven has her pistol readied, eyeing the surrounding hills.

Jeb takes point as he begins to look at the ground and spots some tracks that seem to lead deeper between two very steep cliffs, looks like a very good spot to be shot at from above.

Flagg Thornington
23rd of January, 2007, 12:39
Spotting the potential ambush spot causes Buck to stop and look about for the glint of gunsteel.

Boomlaor
24th of January, 2007, 04:50
"Aye, its likely they'll try to ambush us."
"Not if we're the ones doin' the ambushing." Doc London shades his eyes and squints, looking for a path up onto the cliffs. "Think we could get up there somehow?"

[spot check]

Belkregos
24th of January, 2007, 05:41
Iíll move up, sure theyíll be waiting

with that DosSantos gets his guns ready and starts to scout ahead taking care not to be seen and being silently

hide [roll0]
move silently [roll1]
spot [roll2]

xenonnights
24th of January, 2007, 10:55
Raven holsters her pistol, pulls her long gun from it's scabbard and cautiously moves her mount after the others.

"Don't like this. Perfect place for an ambush"

nezeray
25th of January, 2007, 02:50
Doc Whealer cautiously follows everyone, with his mind wandering to his medical bag. If he has to dive for cover, he's taking the bag and his rifle.

Doc Whealer

Lando The Archmagi
26th of January, 2007, 04:35
Seeing Buck and Jackson dismount, everyone else dismounts and grabs their guns and begin looking around.

From the looks of the steep hill on either side of this narrow pass, its an obvious ambush site.

DosSantos unholsters his pistols and moves away from his horse, trying to sneak along the edge of the pass.

Raven swaps out her pistol for her rifle. Jackson, Buck and Doc London all look around as they lead their horses trying to see any glint of gunmetal or anything. Everyone is on edge.

As DosSantos moves to hide in the shadows of a small rock at the edge of the trail, he sees the glint of gunmetal as a shot nearly misses his foot.

Everyone hears the shot and then Buck, Jackson and Doc London all see the gun's metal gleam in the fading light. Then more gunshots rain down from either side.

[ooc: initiative]

Left-Handed Bandit
26th of January, 2007, 08:46
Jose glances around quickly for a defensive position, then raises his rifle and looks for a target to bring into his custom sights of his carbine.

Initiative [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Attack (if able) [roll2]

Lucky
26th of January, 2007, 13:44
At the sound of the gunfire, Jeb springs upright, his eyes scanning the terrain for a gully or rocky outcropping which he can use to get Daisy out of the line of fire. He pulls on Daisy's reins firmly, brooking no dissent. He doesn't bother to pull out his long rifle until after he's under cover.

Initiative [roll0]
Spot [roll1]

Boomlaor
30th of January, 2007, 05:18
Doc London hears the chorus of gunfire breaking out all around him, and begins to act on instinct. He grabs his medical kit with one hand, his shotgun with his other, and rushes toward the pass, trying to find some cover, prepared to administer to any of the group unlucky enough to be hit. Remembering the glint of the gun he had seen, he leans out around the rock he's behind and blasts off a round hurriedly.

Initiative [roll0]
Attack [roll1]

xenonnights
31st of January, 2007, 17:35
Raven spurs her horse around along the wall of the pass opposite where the shot came from. She yells as she spurs her horse back the way they came from at a full gallop.

"If we stay here we will be cut down!"

Roll to Ride: 14 + 8 = 22
Roll to stay on Randalls Horse: 11 + 3 = 14

Raven doesnt look back as she is cursing under her breath for being so stupid. Once she reaches safety, she looks for a way up to the cliffs so as to even the playing field with the ambushers.

Spot Check for a way up the cliff: 18 + 2 = 20

Lando The Archmagi
1st of February, 2007, 04:34
As the shots ring out, the party quickly dissolves into action. This is an obvious spot and the ambush as well calculated. However, most are reacting to slow to do much good as several more bullets fly and both Jeb and Jose nearly take a shot in the shoulder. Bullets bounce all around Raven and Jackson as they too lead their horses. Doc London grabs his shotgun and med kit and his horse runs back out of the area towards the trail. The other horses all whiney as the shots ring out...there is no cover beyond the rock that DosSantos is hiding behind and its only big enough for 2-3 to crouch or duck, but not stand up fully behind it.


Round 1 Initiative Order
Doc Whealer
Buck
Doc London
Jackson
Jose
Jeb
DosSantos (hiding)

[ooc: rolled initiative for Doc Whealer (18) and Buck (17) ]

nezeray
1st of February, 2007, 05:08
Doc Whealer will hold his action to see if his friends charge or dive for cover. With rifle and doctor's bag in hand, he'll follow their lead. "Is anyone hit?"

Flagg Thornington
2nd of February, 2007, 11:07
Realizing the danger of the ambush and still tender from yesterday's gunshot causes Buck to fall back to seek cover. But before he leads his horse back to safety he fires his shotgun up toward the glint he saw.

Boomlaor
3rd of February, 2007, 03:53
Figuring some covering fire would be a good thing with no cover available, Doc London unloads his shotgun at the glint he spotted, then deliberately reloads.

[roll0]

Lando The Archmagi
3rd of February, 2007, 05:13
More shots whiz by the party members as Doc Whealer ducks behind the rock outcropping. Doc London fires his shotgun and misses as he backs his horse up. Buck fires his shotgun as well, and blasts some rock and debris, but doesn't appear to hit anything. A shot grazes Buck's other shoulder as he leads his horse back away from the pass.

Jackson lets his horse back out of the area after grabbing his rifle and diving for cover behind the rock.



Round 1 Initiative Order
Doc Whealer
Buck
Doc London
Jackson
Jose
Jeb
DosSantos (hiding)

Rifleman 1
Rifleman 2
Rifleman 3

Wounds
Buck -

Left-Handed Bandit
3rd of February, 2007, 08:03
While there's not much cover around, Jose knows he can still make himself a more difficult target to hit. Dropping prone, the young Californian draws a bead on one of the attackers. There's no time to line up a proper shot, not with the amount of lead flying around.

"Lord, make us accurate, and forgive us for the lives we must take today," he prays just before letting loose a shot.

Attack: [roll0], don't forget an additional +2 vs. range penalties if he's firing more than 165 feet.

Masterwork Spencer Carbine [+2 ranged, 1d10 damage, 18-20 (x3) critical, 165ft range increment, ROF 1, Magazine 7 (3 rounds to reload), Med Size, .54 LA, Misfire 12, custom sights (+2 attack vs. range penalties only), lengthened barrel (+10 ft. range increment, reflected above)]

Lucky
3rd of February, 2007, 15:30
After scanning the surroundings and seeing no ready cover for himself - let alone Daisy - Jeb grabs his rifle from the scabbard alongside his saddle and lets go of Daisy's reins, allowing her to run away with the other horses.

"Is anyone hit?"
"Not yet. I can see at least three of them... 2 on the eastern side, one on the western side." Jeb shouts to the others.

Jeb then runs to the canyon wall on the eastern side, hoping to make it difficult for those directly above him to fire down. Dropping quickly to one knee, he fires his rifle at the one on the western side.

[roll0] (Range 120')

Belkregos
6th of February, 2007, 18:40
Dos santos has been trying to move closer to the assailants he pops out guns at the ready looking to shoot the closest rifleman

hide
[roll0]
move silently
[roll1]

initiative
[roll2]

to hit #1
[roll3]
damage if it hits
[roll4]

to hit #2
[roll5]
damage if it hits
[roll6]

Belkregos
6th of February, 2007, 18:43
OOC: wow, shot#1 was a crit, here goes the confirmation

shot #1 crit conf.
[roll0]

nezeray
6th of February, 2007, 22:07
After seeing everyone head for cover and fire on the riflemen, Doc Whealer follows their lead, jumping off his horse and hiding on the Eastern side of the trail.

hide

[roll0]

move silently

[roll1]

to hit #1

[roll2]

damage if it hits

[roll3]

(ooc: not sure if Doc gets more than one shot).

Lando The Archmagi
8th of February, 2007, 00:16
Jose falls prone, quicky readies his carbine and fires, missing his intended target, just kicks up some debris from the rock he's hiding behind.

Jeb pulls his rifle as Daisy and the other horses all run back down the trail out of sight with Raven riding Randall's horse with them. He quickly fires missing his target as well. The 3 rifleman appear to be well covered and at a serious advantage.

Raven then looks around and tries to find a way up towards the shooters as she curses out of sight with the horses (just back arournd the bend on the trail)

DosSantos makes it to the rock outcropping, staying in its shadows, and draws his pistols, firing and giving his position away to the riflemen.

He does hit one with his shot, and you hear a muffled curse.

Jackson readies his Henry repeater and takes a few shots at the guy DosSanto's wounded and the fellow goes down and stops firing.

The other two rifleman appear to be very upset and begin firing upon DosSantos and Jackson's position by the rock outcropping.

Doc Whealer prepares to fire next round (your action was move and duck earlier)


Round 1 Initiative Order
DosSantos
Doc Whealer
Buck
Doc London
Jackson
Jose
Jeb
Raven

Rifleman 1 - firing at DosSantos/Jackson
Rifleman 2 - Firing at DosSantos/Jackson
Rifleman 3 - serious wound, 8 hp from DosSantos, bleeding/dying

Wounds
Buck -scratch/light wound to his other shoulder

Belkregos
8th of February, 2007, 06:27
DosSantos crouches behind shifts his weight and moves ready to pop out from a different position, his attitude a mixture of excitement, and anger

GADDAMN!!

he fires both guns at the next gunman and ducks back again behind cover

to hit#1
[roll0]
damage if it hits
[roll1]

to hit#2
[roll2]
damage if it hits
[roll3]

Lando The Archmagi
13th of February, 2007, 04:40
The other two rifleman appear to be very upset and begin firing upon DosSantos and Jackson's position by the rock outcropping. Their shots are pretty good, but not quite good enough as they both just barely miss DosSantos's head.

End of Round 1.

DosSantos fires back guns ablazin', but his first shot misses the rifleman, but his second does seem to hit. Another muffled curse and Doc Whealer fires upon the rifleman (you miss) as Raven looks around back on the trail trying to find a way up to them.



Round 2 Initiative Order
DosSantos
Doc Whealer
Buck
Doc London
Jackson
Jose
Jeb
Raven

Rifleman 1 - firing at DosSantos/Jackson
Rifleman 2 - Firing at DosSantos/Jackson
Rifleman 3 - serious wound, 8 hp from DosSantos, bleeding/dying

Wounds
Buck -scratch/light wound to his other shoulder[/quote]

Flagg Thornington
13th of February, 2007, 14:40
Buck urges Suzie away from the scuffle after grabbing his rifle. He aims toward the ambushers and squeezes off a round.

Boomlaor
14th of February, 2007, 04:01
Well, I don' reckon this scatter gun'll be much good at this range. Better see to t'others. Doc London thinks to himself. Keeping as low as his bum leg will let him, he hurries over toward Buck and tries to keep out of the way as he works on his shoulder.

[treat injury [roll0]

Left-Handed Bandit
14th of February, 2007, 04:35
Jose takes a deep breath, lines up his shot against the second rifleman, then fires.

OOC: Taking an aiming action this round and firing the next at Rifleman 2.

Attack: [roll0]

Masterwork Spencer Carbine [+2 ranged, 1d10 damage, 18-20 (x3) critical, 165ft range increment, ROF 1, Magazine 7 (3 rounds to reload), Med Size, .54 LA, Misfire 12, custom sights (+2 attack vs. range penalties only), lengthened barrel (+10 ft. range increment, reflected above)]

Belkregos
14th of February, 2007, 05:25
the bullets chipping away at the rock formations that cover DosSantos, with a wicked grin he prepares to chance it again taking a shot at the rifleman
he looks at his companion urging them on to move as the rifleman focus on him

you boys can just give up if yall donít want no new holes in yer hide
TROW OUT YER RIFLES!


to hit #1
[roll0]
damage if it hits
[roll1]

to hit #2
1d20+7
damage if it hits
[roll2]

Belkregos
14th of February, 2007, 05:28
OOC: oh man DosSantos is KickingAss!!

not sure why the second to hit did not roll here it goes again


and the Crit confirmation :)
[roll]1d20+7

Belkregos
14th of February, 2007, 05:33
OOC: i'm not sure what's going on it looks like its only allowing one d20 roll per post? we'll i'll try again, apologies for crowuding the IC thread

lets try again the Crit confirmation http://www.online-roleplaying.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley%20-%20happy.gif
[roll0]

Lucky
14th of February, 2007, 11:36
Reaching down to his belt, Jeb removes a bullet for his rifle and then runs along the eastern wall of the canyon, looking for a way up as he goes.

Spot 1d20+6

Search [roll1d20+1[/roll]

Lando The Archmagi
14th of February, 2007, 13:22
Buck rides his horse back with Raven and the others who dismounted previously. His grazed shoulder smarts and his shot goes wide.

Doc London decides to run back with his bag and try to help Buck.

The party is now split even further as half are with the horses and down the bend by the trail through the rolling twisting hills.

The other half is either by the rock outcropping or trying to get near/past the riflemen.

Jackson aims his rifle as Jose takes time to aim this round too, lining up a shot at the other two riflemen respectively.


Round 2 Initiative Order
DosSantos
Doc Whealer
Buck
Doc London
Jackson
Jose
Jeb
Raven

Rifleman 1 - firing at DosSantos/Jackson
Rifleman 2 - Firing at DosSantos/Jackson
Rifleman 3 - serious wound, 8 hp from DosSantos, bleeding/dying

Wounds
Buck -scratch/light wound to his other shoulder

xenonnights
15th of February, 2007, 11:06
Raven dismounts and calms her horse as she searches the cliffs for a way up. Hearing the yelling and shots being fired only spurs her on. She grabs a bandolier of 44's from her saddlebags and cranes her neck scanning the cliffs.

Roll to spot a way up the cliffs. [13 + 2 = 15]

Lucky
15th of February, 2007, 15:21
OOC: Apparently I cannot edit a post to put in rolls so here they are. Please roll for me so I don't have too many posts. I'll try to do better next round:

Jeb's Spot Check [1d20+6]

Jeb's Search Check [1d20+1]

Lando The Archmagi
19th of February, 2007, 11:00
The two rifleman fire upon DosSantos, one shot hits him in the right shoulder.

Jeb and Raven both eye the pass and up on the cliffs and Jeb thinks he sees a way up, but it looks dangerous.

Raven hears the gunfire as she looks around, most of the horses are with her now.

End of round 2

Beginning of round 3

Round 3 Initiative Order
DosSantos
Doc Whealer
Buck
Doc London
Jackson
Jose
Jeb
Raven

Rifleman 1 - firing at DosSantos/Jackson
Rifleman 2 - Firing at DosSantos/Jackson
Rifleman 3 - serious wound, 8 hp from DosSantos, bleeding/dying

Wounds
DosSantos- scratch, 4 hp lost
Buck -scratch as well, 4 hp lost.

Lando The Archmagi
22nd of February, 2007, 07:08
After getting hit in the shoulder DosSantos gets mighty angry and fires off a couple of shots from his pistols. His first shot hits true and the rifleman cries out in pain and frustration.


Round 3 Initiative Order
DosSantos
Doc Whealer
Buck
Doc London
Jackson
Jose
Jeb
Raven

Rifleman 1 - firing at DosSantos/Jackson
Rifleman 2 - serious wound, 9 pts from DosSantos, bleeding bad.
Rifleman 3 - serious wound, 8 hp from DosSantos, bleeding/dying

Wounds
DosSantos- scratch, 4 hp lost
Buck -scratch as well, 4 hp lost.[/quote]

Boomlaor
22nd of February, 2007, 07:45
Doc London dashes over to whichever of DosSantos or Buck is closest and tries to patch up their wounds.

Flagg Thornington
22nd of February, 2007, 12:01
Buck aims and fires another round from his trusted rifle up toward the gunman and stays low behind his cover.

nezeray
22nd of February, 2007, 23:14
Doc Whealer glances at his injured comrade, noticing that he's just been grazed, returns to firing at the riflemen. Preventing more injuries taking precedence over the current scratches.

To Hit:




Damage:

[roll]1d6

xenonnights
25th of February, 2007, 18:40
Not seeing any way up the cliffs, Raven utters a few curses in commanche under her breath and heads back towards the others....crouching down she will make herself as small a target as possible until she can get to a position where she can get a good shot on the ambushers up top.

Roll to Spot: 16 + 2 = 18

Lando The Archmagi
27th of February, 2007, 04:35
By the rock is DosSantos, Jackson, Doc London and Doc Whealer. Doc London begins to look at DosSanto's wound. Doc Whealer fires and his shot goes wide, blasting some dirt on the side of the pass.

Back by the trail and the bend in the road up here is Jeb, Raven, Buck and the horses. Buck fires his gun and his shot goes wide as well.

Jose is prone aiming his rifle and preparing to fire this round.

Note: Jeb spotted a way up, he needs to share that with the party and Raven could attempt to go up there if you wish.

Round 3 Initiative Order
DosSantos
Doc Whealer
Buck
Doc London
Jackson
Jose
Jeb
Raven

Rifleman 1 - firing at DosSantos/Jackson
Rifleman 2 - serious wound, 9 pts from DosSantos, bleeding bad.
Rifleman 3 - serious wound, 8 hp from DosSantos, bleeding/dying

Wounds
DosSantos- scratch, 4 hp lost
Buck -scratch as well, 4 hp lost.

Left-Handed Bandit
27th of February, 2007, 10:48
The young Californian calms himself and relaxes his grip just ever so slightly on the long carbine before squeezing the trigger.

OOC: Shot at rifleman 2. I take it he's within 330 feet of Jose?

Attack Roll: [roll0] (Crit Confirm, if necessary: [roll1])
Damage: [roll2] (Critical Damage, add [roll3])

Masterwork Spencer Carbine [+2 ranged, 1d10 damage, 18-20 (x3) critical, 165ft range increment, ROF 1, Magazine 7 (3 rounds to reload), Med Size, .54 LA, Misfire 12, custom sights (+2 attack vs. range penalties only), lengthened barrel (+10 ft. range increment, reflected above)]

Lucky
27th of February, 2007, 15:26
Looking over to Raven, Jeb gestures up.

*Commanche* "The trail up is this way."

Jeb puts the cartridge he pulled out last round into his rifle as he follows the canyon wall to the trail up.

xenonnights
1st of March, 2007, 04:47
Raven looks up the cliff, nods to Jeb, and quietly follows hikm up the trail. There is the sense of urgency on her face as the gunfire continues at a frantic pace back up canyon.

Lando The Archmagi
2nd of March, 2007, 04:38
Jose takes his time, aims and fires, his carbine's shot echoing off the pass. His shot strikes true and there is another muffled cry as the rifleman goes down. Jackson takes this opportunity to fire his dual pistols as well, giving the other two rifleman more to think about.

Jeb begins to ascend the small trail he discovered and Raven joins him.

The wounded riflemen decide to fire and run.

Round 3 Initiative Order
DosSantos
Doc Whealer
Buck
Doc London
Jackson
Jose
Jeb
Raven

Rifleman 1 - firing at DosSantos/Jackson, serious wound, bleeding
Rifleman 2 - serious wound, 9 pts from DosSantos, bleeding bad.
Rifleman 3 - serious wound, 8 hp from DosSantos, bleeding/dying

Wounds
DosSantos- scratch, 4 hp lost
Buck -scratch as well, 4 hp lost.

Lando The Archmagi
7th of March, 2007, 04:32
The wounded riflemen decides to fire and his shot barely misses DosSantos. He then begins to run up the hill away from the party.

Jeb and Raven begin climbing up the trail and could try to give chase.

end of round 3.

Round 4 Initiative Order
DosSantos
Doc Whealer
Buck
Doc London
Jackson
Jose
Jeb
Raven

Rifleman 1 - serious wound, bleeding, running
Rifleman 2 - serious wound, 9 pts from DosSantos, bleeding bad.
Rifleman 3 - serious wound, 8 hp from DosSantos, bleeding/dying

Wounds
DosSantos- scratch, 4 hp lost
Buck -scratch as well, 4 hp lost.

Belkregos
7th of March, 2007, 12:46
bullets barely missing him DosSantos crouches behind cover, thinking if the riflemen was shooting at him that meant he was exposed and his companions could take care of him, he grinds his teeth trying to stay steady as the Doc checks his wounds taking a quick pick at the riffle man and seeing him flee he cant miss the opportunity to let a few round off

to hit#1
[roll0]
damage#1
[roll1]

to hit#2
[roll2]
damage#2
[roll3]

xenonnights
7th of March, 2007, 13:28
Raven looks to take a shot on the rifleman, but decides better of it and gives chase.

"We need answers and this guy is wounded badly, he wont get far."

Lando The Archmagi
9th of March, 2007, 03:30
Jeb slips as he tries to climb up the trail. Raven sees the rifleman drop his rifle and try to flee. Rifleman 1 is bleeding from a pretty serious gunshot wound and tries to flee. As he becomes exposed DosSantos takes an opportunity and fires his pistols. His first shot brings the man down, he falls in a bloody heap. The second shot misses him by inches.



Round 4 Initiative Order
DosSantos
Doc Whealer
Buck
Doc London
Jackson
Jose
Jeb
Raven

Rifleman 1 - serious wound, near death, laying in a pool of blood.
Rifleman 2 - serious wound, near death, laying in a pool of blood
Rifleman 3 - serious wound, near death, dying

Wounds
DosSantos- scratch, 4 hp lost
Buck -scratch as well, 4 hp lost.

Boomlaor
9th of March, 2007, 09:33
Doc London, seeing the fleeing riflemen get gunned down, grabs his medical bag and heads up the path, hoping to keep at least one of them alive for questioning. Upon reaching them he quickly performs a triage evaluation, and sets to work on the one most likely to pull through.

Flagg Thornington
9th of March, 2007, 11:18
Once the firing stops Buck mounts his horse and urges up the trail that led to the ambush avoiding the trecherous climb altogether. He pushes his horse hard in pursuit of the rifleman.

Left-Handed Bandit
9th of March, 2007, 12:07
Jose lowers his carbine and stands, following the doctor up the path to the ridge. Once there, he begins to administer last rights to the two Dr. London declines to help first, asking God for forgiveness of their sins.

Lando The Archmagi
15th of March, 2007, 03:57
Doc London grabs his medical bag and hustles to towards the trail that Jeb and Raven discovered, luckily his sure footing gets him upto the top of the ridge where the rifleman has fallen, there are 2 of them bleeding badly up here. The other one is across the pass on the other side and probably will die before he could get to him. He realizes he will need help to save either of them. He begins working on the one who took the last shot from DosSantos and fell trying to flee.

Raven and Jeb both make it upto where Doc London is looking at the two gunmen bleeding to death. Jose puts up his carbine and follows them with a little extra care and begins saying some last rites over the fallen.

Buck remounts his horse and tries to ride up the trail, but its not suitable for horses and only wide enough to walk up. He can safely ride into the pass though if he wishes.

Jackson puts up his guns and goes to recover his own horse and pulls the two doctor's horses by their reins with him.

nezeray
15th of March, 2007, 22:34
OOC: Doc London would have been to the shooters first. :)

Doc Whealer, seeing that the incoming gunfire has stopped, will look at his wounded comrades, "it looks like you guys are okay, I'm going to go see if we can get some information out of the riflemen before they bleed to death. I will come back and patch you up."

xenonnights
17th of March, 2007, 02:22
Raven kneels next to Doc London.

"Make sure he lives Doc. We have much to learn from him. Don't waste your time on the other."

Raven picks up the man's rifle and bandolier and ammunition.

Lucky
17th of March, 2007, 10:03
After Jeb makes it to the top of the ridge, he begins to look around for the men's horses.

"Either we're real close to their hideout or they got their horses hid around here somewhere." Jeb says to no one in particular. "Either way, I aim to find their trail."

Search Roll [roll0]
Tracking (Survival) Roll [roll1]

Lando The Archmagi
20th of March, 2007, 03:29
DosSantos and Jackson keep watch as folks try to save one of the 3 badly wounded gunmen that were shooting them up a while ago. They have everyone's horses that hasn't gone to reclaim them yet.

Buck sits on his horse looking at the pass and watching as well.

Doc London prays and tries to stop the bleeding on the lease seriously hurt one of the two he found up here on this ridge.

"Son, bite down on this, this is going to hurt like a mother..."

The doctor gives him something as he begins to do surgery on his wounded chest and try to at least sew him up temporarily.

Doc Whealer looks at the other two fellows and thinks he might could try to save them. Raven watches Doc London work on the one. The other fellow cries out to save him as he begins to die. Raven sees that both men have Henry Rifles, Colt pistols, holsters, and about 30 rounds of ammo each.

The 3rd gunman is found by Jeb who begins walking carefully around the ridge and the trail. Down on the other side of pass he finds the little gully where the men's horses are.

Jose climbs up the ridge with a careful bit of stepping.

Left-Handed Bandit
20th of March, 2007, 05:27
The young gambler goes immediately to the one crying out, drawing his cross out from beneath his shirt as he approaches.

Jose kneels down and grabs the dying man's hand. "Hold on, caballero, the doctor is working as quickly as he can," he says, attempting to soothe the bandit's fears. No man should be alone in the face of death, even an enemy. "Can you tell me why you were defending this ridge?"

Belkregos
20th of March, 2007, 05:31
DosSantos reloads his pistols as he carefully looks for any sign of more enemies, keeping away from the wounded heís still angry at being shot and knows if he looks at the survivor heís likely to finish what he started

Flagg Thornington
20th of March, 2007, 09:36
Buck leads Suzy back near the other horses. He spends his time keeping a lookout and watering the group's horses while the wounded are tended and the arms are gathered.

Lucky
22nd of March, 2007, 12:59
Finally finished loading his rifle, Jeb turns his attention to the outlaw's horses in the gully. Jeb walks over and gathers up their reins and calls out to the others as he brings the horses back.

"Hey Doc, one of them is over here. Are either of them two alive and talking or should I just sling them over their saddles and tie them down for the trip back to town?"

Then, looking down at his hunting rifle, Jeb adds, "Hey, did any of them outlaws have a repeating rifle I can use?"

xenonnights
27th of March, 2007, 09:12
Raven picks up the henry rifle and Bandolier of ammunition then walks over to Jeb.

"There is another Henry over there Jeb. Grab it and let's find their horses."

Raven checks over the henry she picked up while she waits for Jeb to return and then begins to look for the men's horses.

"Think you might be right Jeb..pauses a moment...About the hideout that is."

Lando The Archmagi
29th of March, 2007, 02:44
working as quickly as he can," he says, attempting to soothe the bandit's fears. No man should be alone in the face of death, even an enemy. "Can you tell me why you were defending this ridge?"

The man who doesn't look much older than 20ish or so chokes back some tears as he bleeds pretty badly, coughing and spluttering...holding your hand tightly...

"Oh padre save me! Forgive me! I didn't know you were a priest! My orders were to shoot those who came up the pass."

Buck and DosSantos keep a sharp watch and tend to their horses. Jackson nods to them, reloading his guns and keeps a third set of eyes looking out. All appears very quiet beyond the death cries and the work of the figures up on the ridge.

Doc London works on the one he's trying to save, doing field surgery on him. Doc Whealer comes over to look at the other two gravely wounded riflemen.

Jeb and Raven gather the men's weapons and gunbelts and look around, finding their horses in the gully behind the ridge.

Loot:
(3) Henry Rifles
(3) Colt Pistols
(100) Rounds of ammo (50 for rifle, 50 for pistol)

xenonnights
2nd of April, 2007, 11:12
Raven looks over the horses, seemingly un moved by the cries of the dying. I mean afterall they had just tried to kill them. Raven takes the leads of the horses and walks them back to the others. She looks at Doc London.

"He going to make it Doc? No matter. Even if he doesnt, these mounts will lead us right to their hiding place. Funny thing about horses Doc, they have an uncanny sense of where home is."

Belkregos
3rd of April, 2007, 09:08
trying to keep his patience DosSantos rolls some tobacco and returns to the group

you know the shoot out most likely will bring either buzzards or the rest of the wild bunch out here,

he looks at the wounded man
you shudda thought of that when you was raping big jakes daughter, I still have a bullet for ya if yer looking fer mercy

Jose;
we best move on,

Lucky
3rd of April, 2007, 12:45
Jeb picks up one of the Henry rifles and sights down the barrel.

"If nobody objects, I'll take this gun."

Jeb walks over to Daisy and sheathes his hunting rifle. He then waits with Raven and the horses for the Docs to finish up working on the outlaws. He makes no move to either help save them nor does he indicate a willingness to finish them off.

"One way or another, we gotta bring them in to collect our reward."

Boomlaor
3rd of April, 2007, 14:28
Doc London gets out a clean handkerchief and starts wiping the blood from his hands, running an eye over his handiwork.

"Well, I've done about all I can out here. Could do a bit better if I had a propper hospital, but I don't s'pose there's much to be done about it now. Hard to say if he'll make it, but he won't kick the bucket for a little while anyhow."

Left-Handed Bandit
4th of April, 2007, 01:20
"Oh padre save me! Forgive me! I didn't know you were a priest! My orders were to shoot those who came up the pass."

The young gambler quiets the man as he makes eye contact with Dos Santos, waving him off with a glance. "The doctor will be here in a moment; I won't leave your side 'til he gets here," he says to the cowboy. "What is your name?"

Belkregos
4th of April, 2007, 01:30
The young gambler quiets the man as he makes eye contact with Dos Santos, waving him off with a glance.


DosSantos walks away lighting his smoke

Lando The Archmagi
4th of April, 2007, 02:34
"Padre, Johnny, is my name and I didn't harm girl.", his eyes darken hearing DosSantos speak of the assault on Big Jake's daughter.

The fellow who Doc London patched up appears to be stable for the moment, his wounds are cleaned and bound, but it looks like he'll need some attention for sure. He says, "Can I have a little water?"

The other fellow who is bleeding near the young fellow that Jose is looking at cries out as his body convulses some more.

Doc Whealer looks at the two wounded men, pondering what to do.

Raven and Jeb gather the gunmen's horses and weapons and Jeb takes one of the repeating Henry rifles. They are now both down by Jackson and Buck who are sitting on their own horses, holding the reins of the others down by the pass, waiting and watching. Jackson lits a cigar and puffs on it.

Left-Handed Bandit
4th of April, 2007, 06:32
"It's okay, Johnny. Don't worry about that right now," Jose says to the dying cowboy. He looks up at Doc Whealer, motioning the healer over to his patient; the gambler hopes Doc London will be able to tend to the other cowboy. No life needs to be lost here.

"Who asked you, Johnny, to defend the pass?"

nezeray
4th of April, 2007, 21:06
Doc Whealer will try to patch up the least injured of the two remaining gunmen, "You really should have surrendered before it got this bad".

Treat Injury, assuming that surgery isn't needed/possible.

<1d20+12>

Lando, you may have to Roll for me.

Lando The Archmagi
6th of April, 2007, 02:32
Johnny looks at Jose and says, "I did what my big brother told me to do. We were to shoot anyone coming or attempting to come through the pass, said they were going to kill us without mercy for robbing and such. I didn't harm any of Jake's girls, that was Derek's doing, think he died at the ranch when they tried to blow it up, haven't seen him since."

Doc Whealer comes over and begins to tend to Johnny's wounds, he begins cleaning the gunshots and does a little surgery, stitching up the wound temporarily in his shoulder.

The other fellow looks in worse shape and might not live unless he gets attention soon.

Boomlaor
6th of April, 2007, 03:16
Doc London approaches the third man, and tries to get him talking, to get his mind off his injuries and the pain, as he sets to work trying to stop the bleeding and extract the bullets.

"What's your name, Son?"

"Pleased to make your acquaintance. I'm Doctor Robert S. London, but most folks in your position just call me Doc."

Left-Handed Bandit
6th of April, 2007, 08:34
Jose briefly looks up at Doc Whealer for an indication of whether the cowboy will survive, then returns his attention to Johnny.

"Thank you, Johnny. You've helped quite a bit, but we have a couple more questions," he says. "How many men are left at the hideout, and where can we find it?"

xenonnights
10th of April, 2007, 11:30
RAven brings up the horses.

"We let one of these horses go and he will lead us right to their camp."

She doesnt seem interested in the dying men and takes the henry and bandolier of ammountion and puts it on her own horse.

"So Doc..you able to save him? Not that it matters."

Flagg Thornington
10th of April, 2007, 13:29
Buck heads toward the others leading three horses after handing the extra reins to Jackson. "I reckon this fellar here ought to tell us where the next ambush is waiting." The gruff Texan spits near, but not on the wounded man.

Belkregos
16th of April, 2007, 16:13
Buck heads toward the others leading three horses after handing the extra reins to Jackson. "I reckon this fellar here ought to tell us where the next ambush is waiting." The gruff Texan spits near, but not on the wounded man.

DosSantos continues to smoke anxious to continue,

he might be more trouble than worth,

Lucky
17th of April, 2007, 11:22
Jeb keeps his attention off the doctors' work, scanning the horizon while holding Daisy's reins.

"Things are simpler in the mountains away from other people," Jeb thinks to himself.

He can't help but put himself in poor Johnny's situation. A boy no older than himself just helping out his brother now lying on the ground bleeding to death. He didn't seem so dangerous now. This business of hunting down men and bringing them back to town seemed crueler than it had just a few short hours ago. The end result of even a successful patching by the doctor would probably just buy Johnny more time to realize just how sorry he was before hanging for his crimes later. Agitated by the direction of his thoughts, Jeb snapped at their source, Johnny.

"It don't matter who told you to do what, your problem was that you did it. Not only did you rob and try to murder people, but the guys you're running with are low down dirty bastards that would rape women and shoot men for no better reason than that they can. You better make peace with your maker cause if you really ain't as bad as the others maybe when they hang ya, you won't go straight to hell."

nezeray
17th of April, 2007, 21:04
Once Doc Whealer finishes with Johnny, he'll wander over to the next injured bandit and start working on him.

Left-Handed Bandit
18th of April, 2007, 01:58
"Jeb, please, you're not helping," Jose warns, looking up at the mountain man. "Johnny, you didn't kill anybody, so they're not going to hang you. And how you're helping us now will go a long way in the eyes of God and the judge. Now, please, where is your brother?"

Lando The Archmagi
19th of April, 2007, 02:31
Pleased to make your acquaintance. I'm Doctor Robert S. London, but most folks in your position just call me Doc."

Doc London sees this man has several serious gunshot wounds and doesn't look so good. He begins to try to save him.

The man coughs up some blood as his body writhes in pain. He looks at the doctor and nods his head,

"Jimmy, sir, Jimmy. I'm going to die aren't I?"

Lando The Archmagi
19th of April, 2007, 02:33
Raven, Buck and Jackson have the horses all rounded up and ready to go. DosSantos and Jackson keep looking around for more trouble.

Raven takes her share of the guns/ammo and puts it on her horse.

"Thank you, Johnny. You've helped quite a bit, but we have a couple more questions," he says. "How many men are left at the hideout, and where can we find it?"

Doc Wheeler contineus to work on Johnny as Jose talks to him. Johnny smiles as the doctor gives him a drink of water and some medicine.

"If you tell the Sheriff I helped and it I don't go to jail I'll tell you everything, just don't kill my brother he's all the family I got."

When Jeb speaks, Johnny shakes really bad and looks at him, tears in his eyes. "Well, if I'm going to hang, then it doesn't matter what I tell you."

xenonnights
25th of April, 2007, 11:57
Raven leads her mount up to Doc Wheeler.

""How old are you boy? How did you get hooked up with these Commancheros who murder Commanches and white families including children?"

Raven kneels down and looks over the boys wounds.

"You talk like a scared little boy. Tell us where to find the ones we want and help us stop this killing and as far as I am concerned I never saw you."

Raven takes a long drink from her water skin as she studies the boys face.

Lucky
27th of April, 2007, 11:31
When Jeb speaks, Johnny shakes really bad and looks at him, tears in his eyes. "Well, if I'm going to hang, then it doesn't matter what I tell you."


"Jeb, please, you're not helping," Jose warns, looking up at the mountain man. "Johnny, you didn't kill anybody, so they're not going to hang you. And how you're helping us now will go a long way in the eyes of God and the judge. Now, please, where is your brother?"

"Ahhh, what do I know. I've never lived in a town in my life." Jeb walks away, shaking his head. "What do I know."

Left-Handed Bandit
1st of May, 2007, 02:14
"Johnny, like the muchacha says, if you confess your sins before God and tell us where to find your brother and the other bandits, we will forget you were here," Jose says, adding a little priestly authority to the tone of his voice.

Boomlaor
4th of May, 2007, 06:07
"Well, Jimmy," Doc London says slowly, "only God can answer that question. I'll do my best though, and if my best isn't enough, my friend, Jose, here is a priest."

xenonnights
6th of May, 2007, 00:14
Raven just shakes her head at Doc London...

"He doesnt need to tell you Doctor. It is not necessary."

She points to the gunmens horses.

"Their horses will lead us right to their compadres."

Lando The Archmagi
9th of May, 2007, 02:30
The mounts can not climb the ridge nor get up on either side of the pass, you have to physically walk or carry the wounded down to the horses on the trail where Buck, DosSantos and Jackson are mounted.

Johnny raises his eyebrows and looks at Raven speaking to her, "I'm 19 yrs old ma'am, we're not commancheros, nor have we murdered any famillies or children. Sure, the others did kill some folks robbing the bank, but we shot the manager and the guards. I know some of them wanted to do something to the rancher's daughter, but I didn't participate in that. I've not killed any women or children. My brother and the other members of the Wild Bunch are hold up in the cove up the trail. They surely heard the gunfight, so they'll be expecting you assuming we lost."

Lando The Archmagi
9th of May, 2007, 02:35
"Well, Jimmy," Doc London says slowly, "only God can answer that question. I'll do my best though, and if my best isn't enough, my friend, Jose, here is a priest."

Jimmy coughs and nods, "Well, I'd like to live, my saddlebag has some gold in it, and if you can get me back to health its yours."

Jimmy's body convules as he bites back the pain, looking at the doctor. "The boys right, his brother is the leader of this outfit, we're just horse rustlers and thieves. We're not murderers, at least not to women or children. Some of us have a price for shooting some folks though, probably even killed a few."

xenonnights
13th of May, 2007, 12:22
Raven looks to the Doctor.

"So are they both going to make it Doc? Were going to have to pack them down to the horses, looks like."

Lucky
22nd of May, 2007, 09:03
Hearing Raven, Jeb looks over to the Doc, waiting for a response.

"I'll pack one down if needed."

Boomlaor
23rd of May, 2007, 08:49
Glancing to Raven and Jeb, Doc London replies,

"Well, I've done about all I can out here in the field. Load 'em up gently and we'll see if they can make it."

Turning back to Jimmy, he continues,

"Son, I appreciate the offer, but I won't be takin' your gold. I've enough for my needs, and I recon you may need it your own self one of these days."

Lando The Archmagi
2nd of June, 2007, 03:11
"Son, I appreciate the offer, but I won't be takin' your gold. I've enough for my needs, and I recon you may need it your own self one of these days."

"Alright sir, thank you.", Jimmy says and goes willingly as Jeb and Raven try to help him up onto a horse and Doc London and Doc Wheeler both head down with him.

Johhny goes with the party as they all descend, he walks carefully holding his bandaged body.

DosSantos, Jackson and Buck are sitting on their horses in the pass keeping their wits about them.

((what now, who's still with me?))

Lucky
2nd of June, 2007, 07:13
Once he gets Johnny down and on a horse, Jeb walks over to Daisy and mounts up.

"Well, we ain't done yet. Raven has an idea about following their horses back to their camp. I'm game to find out if'n it will work."

Jeb pauses and turns in his saddle to look at Johnny.

"But we should probably send Johnny back to town so he don't give us away. Maybe one of the Docs can go with him in case he starts bleedin' again."

Lando The Archmagi
19th of June, 2007, 02:38
Everyone gets saddled up and Johnny and Jimmy are put on a horse. Dos Santos, Jose and Doc Wheeler offer to escort Jimmy and Johnny back to the town, leaving Jackson, Raven, Doc London, Buck and Jeb to stop the rest of the Wild Bunch.

((ooc: here is where you all need to decide on things/interact/rp etc))

Lucky
20th of June, 2007, 10:48
Jeb swings into his saddle after ensuring that the outlaw boy's hands are tied to their saddle horns. As he looks towards where the rest of the Wild Bunch are supposedly holed up, Jeb clears his throat and speaks up.

"Well, I guess we can try Raven's suggestion to follow the horses on back to the hideout but I'd imagine they'll still be watching for us to be coming. I don't figger that we'll be able to sneak in any other way since we really don't know the area and I don't suppose we'd pull off pretending to be these here fellas just returning from the ambush. So that only leaves going straight into the teeth of their defenses. I ain't much fer dying but I ain't afraid of it none, neither and I'll bet that I got more ornery in me than them."

Jeb looks around at Raven, Jackson, Buck and Doc and growls. "I'm ready."

xenonnights
20th of June, 2007, 12:00
Raven looks to the others.

"Only release one. They will just think he got himself loose and wandered home. If they all show up, they will be on alert. Then we just follow the tracks back to their hideout."

Raven ties up the henry she picked up across her saddle bags and mounts up.

"If the rest of you have any suggestions, now is the time."

Raven takes out her binoculars and scans the horizon.

Flagg Thornington
22nd of June, 2007, 01:09
"Sound fine to me, let's keep our pistols ready and our eyes peeled."

Buck mounts up strugglilng slightly due to his recent gunshot wound.

Lando The Archmagi
25th of June, 2007, 00:19
Jeb and the others secure the two young men's hands as Dos Santos, Jose, Doc Wheeler all begin riding back to Fort Griffin with the two wounded prisoners.

Jackson nods at Raven's suggestion to release one horse back and to follow it. "Best keep your guns readied and senses sharp. Everyone ready?"

Raven takes out her binoculars and scans the horizon.

The day is getting later and there is lots of hilly rocky terrain with lots of places to hide.

Boomlaor
26th of June, 2007, 06:01
Doc London repacks his medical kit and with effort remounts. He checks to be sure his shotgun is loose in the scabbard and keeps an eye on the horizon as the group travels along.

Lando The Archmagi
8th of July, 2007, 05:02
Everyone mounts up and begins to follow the trail of the horse that you release that begins to go back up the winding trail through the pass where you were ambushed.

Raven leads the way tracking and scouting, with Jackson following, his pistols traded for his rifle. Jeb is next with Doc London and finally Buck bringing up the rear.

((ooc: spot/listen checks, Raven need survival/track check))

Lucky
9th of July, 2007, 12:57
With a watchful gaze scanning his surroundings, Jeb and Daisy follow the mountless horse. He feels the thickness of the air and the heat radiating from the ground causes beads of sweat to form as they ride. The dirt from the trail settles in on his clothes as Jeb ponders the coming battle in silence.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Flagg Thornington
14th of July, 2007, 03:50
Buck keeps a sharp eye on all the nooks and crannies surrounding the trecherous trail. He guides his horse carefully up the incline and listens to the wilderness around him.

[ooc make my check for Buck please]

Lando The Archmagi
26th of July, 2007, 10:05
Raven leads the way tracking and scouting, with Jackson following, his pistols traded for his rifle. Jeb is next with Doc London and finally Buck bringing up the rear.

All is pretty quiet except the baking heat and the still air. The faint echo of the footsteps as the horses walk up the trail. Following the riderless horse seems to be taking the party into a twisting maze of trails up into the hills.

Jeb doesn't see anything, but he hears the first gunshot ring out as it nearly hits Raven. Both Buck and Doc London don't seem to hear or see anything until the shot rings out from a rocky overhang above.

((roll for initiative in the dice roller thread))

xenonnights
26th of July, 2007, 10:06
Raven stops for a momentand takes out her glasses and checks the ridge they are following. She looks down at the horse tracks in the earth and continues on.

ooc check coming

Lando The Archmagi
29th of July, 2007, 02:39
Raven is following the tracks when the rife shot barely misses her ear. Jeb calls out and Jackson fires back with his pistols, dropping from his horse to try to find cover.

Doc London also pulls back, readying in his shotgun and taking aim.


Initiative Round 1
Doc London
Jeb
Jackson
Raven
Buck

Lucky
10th of August, 2007, 12:49
Jeb pulls out his hunting rifle with one hand and the new repeating rifle he got from the outlaws with the other and rolls off the back of Daisy. As soon as he hits the ground, he half scrambles and half rolls to a place of cover from the direction of the shot.

Following the twisting trail into the hills with his eyes, he tries to spot the shooter in the late afternoon light.

Lucky
22nd of August, 2007, 14:57
Seeing the vague glint of sunlight off of the barrel of a gun, Jeb lets out a low holler to the others

"Up and to the left."

Lando The Archmagi
23rd of August, 2007, 09:00
Jeb takes cover, holding his two rifles and laying prone on the ground at the base of the trail/hill. He calls out to the party telling them that the gunman is to the up and left just above the trail on the ridge.

Jackson takes aim and tries to get a bead on him.

Initiative Round 1
Doc London
Jeb
Jackson-taking aim
Raven-?
Buck-?

Flagg Thornington
24th of August, 2007, 05:39
Buck takes cover and begins firing on the ambushers on the hill with his rifle.

Lando The Archmagi
30th of August, 2007, 10:11
The sniper/shooter hits Doc London who takes a wound in his shoulder. Jackson fires his pistols missing the sniper and decides to drop them and try to get his rifle.

Jeb takes cover and readies his two rifles. Buck also goes prone and readies his rifle.

Initiative Round 1
Doc London-takes a wound and is bleeding
Jeb-readies his rifle and took cover this round
Jackson-took aim, fired, dropped his pistols.
Raven-?
Buck-went prone and readied his rifle

xenonnights
30th of August, 2007, 10:14
Raven kicks off her horse grabbing the henry from its scabbard as she puts the horse between herself and where the shots came from. She levers a round into the rifle as she rolls for cover, making sure she is a very bad target. Once she finds cover, she will take a quick look to see if she can spot the flash of the rifles.

Lando The Archmagi
4th of September, 2007, 06:06
Raven grabs her rifle using her horse as cover to duck down with Jeb and Jackson near the edge of the trail and this pass. The cover isn't much, but its a enough to duck behind a little outcropping of rock. The shots came from the northwest up on the ridge. This whole area is a winding trail through rolling hills and ridges. The surviving members of the Wild Bunch appear to have been waiting.

The doctor bleeds more as the others ready their rifles.

((ooc: spot checks/listen checks)

Beginning of Round 2

Initiative Round 2
Doc London-takes a wound and is bleeding
Jeb-readies his rifle to fire
Jackson-trying to get his repeater
Raven-readies henry rifle
Buck-ready to fire

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge
Shooter 2: ?

Lando The Archmagi
16th of September, 2007, 04:33
Jeb's keen sight allows him to see the two snipers up on the left most top of the ridge. Jeb, Raven, Jackson and Buck all ready to fire.


Initiative Round 2
Doc London-takes a wound and is bleeding
Jeb-readies his rifle to fire
Jackson-trying to get his repeater
Raven-readies henry rifle
Buck-ready to fire

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge
Shooter 2:firing from the upper northwester ridge

Lucky
18th of September, 2007, 14:11
Lying on the ground, Jeb aims and fires his Sharps hunting rifle at one of the two men.

"I see at least two up on the left most top of the ridge. I expect you'll spot them as soon as they fire again. Anybody see any others?" Jeb calls out as he readies the "borrowed" Henry rifle he just picked up.

Lando The Archmagi
19th of September, 2007, 11:13
Jeb's shot is good, but it richochets off the cover that they have up there and misses. Jackson nods to Jeb's words about the gunmen being up on the ridge, he dives for his rifle and rolls off to the other side of the trail.

Doc London moans as he bleeds.

Raven and Buck are up

Initiative Round 2
Doc London-takes a wound and is bleeding
Jeb-readies his rifle to fire
Jackson-trying to get his repeater
Raven-readies henry rifle
Buck-ready to fire

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge
Shooter 2:firing from the upper northwester ridge

Flagg Thornington
19th of September, 2007, 23:16
Buck maneuvers to a spot that offers cover and a shooting angle. He fires another .45 caliber bullet toward the bushwackers.

Lando The Archmagi
29th of September, 2007, 10:30
Buck fires his pistols and they hit the rocks just a few feet earlier than Jeb's rifle shot. The gunmen laugh and prepare to return fire.


Initiative Round 2
Doc London-takes a wound and is bleeding
Jeb-readies his rifle to fire
Jackson-trying to get his repeater
Raven-readies henry rifle
Buck-ready to fire

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge
Shooter 2:firing from the upper northwester ridge

xenonnights
29th of September, 2007, 10:58
Once she has her target spotted, she takes off her kepi and sets it where it appears it can be partly seen and rolls the other way, sighting in her target and squeezes off a round, rolling back for cover.

Shouts.

"Why don't you laughing clowns come down here and lets have us some serio us face to face, close up and personal."

Flagg Thornington
30th of September, 2007, 04:49
Buck takes aim again and shots ring out toward the cowards on the hill.

Buck chuckles at his comrades jest.

Lando The Archmagi
2nd of October, 2007, 10:21
Raven's shot nearly hits one of the gunman, they stop laughing and says, "Well chica, we'll come down there and once we finish killing your friends, we'll have a party just you and us."

They return fire, rifles blazing shots at the party. The first shot hits Doc London in the head and he falls down dead.

The second shot just barely misses hitting Jeb.

End of round 2, beginning of round 3.

Initiative Round 3
Doc London-dead
Jeb-readies his rifle to fire
Jackson-trying to get his repeater
Raven-readies henry rifle
Buck-ready to fire

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge
Shooter 2:firing from the upper northwester ridge

Lucky
4th of October, 2007, 14:10
Jeb lowers his head and squeezes his rifle reflexively as the shots come in. Opening his eyes, Jeb then sights along the shorter barrel of the Henry and lines up the closest outlaw. He exhales as he pulls the trigger.

Lando The Archmagi
6th of October, 2007, 10:20
Jeb's shot with the henry rifle connects with flesh, one of the snipers curses. Jackson dives for his horse and his henry rifle from his saddle.

Raven's up.

Initiative Round 3
Doc London-dead
Jeb-readies his rifle to fire
Jackson-trying to get his repeater
Raven-readies henry rifle
Buck-ready to fire

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge
Shooter 2:firing from the upper northwester ridge

xenonnights
8th of October, 2007, 08:19
Raven reaches up and licks her thumb, the rubs the forward sight.

"Want to party? Party with this."

Raven holds her breath and leans around her cover, sighting in on the one that yelled at her and lets loose around at his head.

Lando The Archmagi
9th of October, 2007, 10:17
Jeb's shot grazes the second rifleman who grunts. Then Raven's shot hits the first rifleman who says, "You will pay chica, I'm going to have fun with you!"

Buck then fires off, but his shot goes wide. The first shooter's shot goes very wide and totally misses everyone. The second shooter hits Jackson who grunts as his shoulder is clipped.

End of round 3.

Initiative Round 4
Doc London-dead
Jeb-readies his rifle to fire
Jackson-trying to get his repeater
Raven-readies henry rifle
Buck-ready to fire

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge, wounded
Shooter 2:firing from the upper northwester ridge, wounded

Lucky
17th of October, 2007, 15:54
Jeb twists the Henry in his hands as he pulls on the lever to cock it again. He's not used to firing like this but Jeb does manage to chamber another bullet and then quickly focuses his attention back on the ridge to find the shooter he was just aiming at. As he's sighting in the rifle, Jeb pulls the trigger a bit prematurely and grimaces at his inexperience under fire.

"Give it up. There's no reason for anyone else to die."

Lando The Archmagi
19th of October, 2007, 10:37
Jeb's second shot goes wide and just kicks up a bit of dust. He hears some laughter from the shooters on the ridge. "Give it up gramps!"

Jackson grumbles about the hit he took, but crawls back with his rifle preparing to give Jeb some support.


ooc: Need Raven and Buck's actions

Initiative Round 4
Doc London-dead
Jeb-readies his rifle to fire
Jackson-trying to get his repeater
Raven-readies henry rifle
Buck-ready to fire

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge, wounded
Shooter 2:firing from the upper northwester ridge, wounded

Flagg Thornington
24th of October, 2007, 02:28
Buck stays low and squuezes off another round at the nearest shooter.

xenonnights
25th of October, 2007, 00:57
Raven shouts back up in commanche.

"Your balls will be hanging from my saddle when this is over."

She pulls the big confederate D Guard knife from its sheath and sticks it in the ground in plain sight for the shooter to see hoping it will distract him and then rolls out the other side of her cover away from the knife and takes her shot.

Lando The Archmagi
29th of October, 2007, 11:38
Raven fires back after displaying her big knife, but her shot just barely misses. The two shooters seem amused at Raven's comment and they both shoot at her, but only one hits a rather nasty shot to her left shoulder. Thankfully she only bleeds and doesn't take a wound. Buck fires, but fails to hit anything but dirt.

beginning of round 5.

Initiative Round 5
Doc London-dead
Jeb-readies his rifle to fire
Jackson-trying to get his repeater
Raven-readies henry rifle, -11 hp
Buck-ready to fire

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge, wounded
Shooter 2:firing from the upper northwester ridge, wounded

Lucky
30th of October, 2007, 14:14
Jeb looks concerned as both outlaws start shooting at Raven. Doc is already dead and now it appears that with the upper hand, the shooters on the ridge will just finish them off. Something has to be done. Jeb squints down the barrel of his gun and sights in the second rifleman. When he pulls the trigger, he doesn't bother to watch and see if his shot hits. Instead, Jeb's attention is now focused on looking for the next bit of cover to sprint to. He figures that he needs to work his way closer... to force the gunmen to have to deal with shots from multiple directions.

"I'm going to try to work my way closer. Give me some cover fire when I run." Jeb calls out to Jackson, Buck and Raven.

Lando The Archmagi
31st of October, 2007, 12:55
The doctor's body lays in a pool of blood from the wounds he received and flies start buzzin around. Jeb takes aim and fires and clips one of the riflemen up on the ridge.

Jackson nods and begins firing his Henry rifle at the snipers as Jeb looks for a way up the ridge or for better cover.

Raven, Buck are up...

Initiative Round 5
Doc London-dead
Jeb-readies his rifle to fire
Jackson-trying to get his repeater
Raven-readies henry rifle, -11 hp
Buck-ready to fire

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge, wounded
Shooter 2:firing from the upper northwester ridge, wounded badly.

Flagg Thornington
17th of November, 2007, 00:26
The young Texan remains silent leaving the taunting to the rest of the posse.
He focuses down the length of his smoldering barrel and closes out everything around him. As soon as the sniper exposes himself Buck squeezes the trigger of his rifle.

xenonnights
18th of November, 2007, 07:48
Raven growls and curses in Cherokee as she pulls off her bandana and bandages the crease in her shoulder that is bleeding. She looks over at Flagg and back to Jeb as she ties off the bandana with her teeth. Then she picks up her Henry while keeping her head down and prepares to provide cov er for Jeb.

We are going to need a miracle to survive this. Were to pinned down.

Lando The Archmagi
18th of November, 2007, 13:59
Buck takes aim and fires, his shot just missing the sniper who stood up to fire upon his companions. Raven tends to her wound and then readies her rifle to provide cover for Jeb along with Jackson.

The two snipers fire more rounds, but they all go wide of the party.

End ot round 5. Beginning of round 6.

Initiative Round 6
Doc London-dead
Jeb-looks for a way up/around
Jackson-provides cover fire
Raven-readies henry rifle for cover fire, -11 hp
Buck-prepares to fire again

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge, wounded
Shooter 2:firing from the upper northwester ridge, wounded badly.

Flagg Thornington
19th of November, 2007, 23:48
Buck curses under his breath and reloads his rifle with his head down. He pops up again and fires at the elusive sniper.

Lucky
20th of November, 2007, 13:00
"Ok now boy. Nothing to it. You see the way. Now just do it."

Jeb mutters under his breath as he gets ready to make the run. He grips his gun and then it's time. Jeb springs to his feet and starts to run for the next bit of cover he spied out. He takes a step to his right and then zigs back to the left to try to throw off the shooters on the ridge. He hears the beating of war drums but realizes that it's only his heart pounding. The seconds seems to drag out...

Lando The Archmagi
22nd of November, 2007, 12:06
Jeb begins zig zagging trying to get up the ridge without getting shot. Jackson and Buck each take aim and fire their rifles, trying to cover Jeb.

Raven's up.

Initiative Round 6
Doc London-dead
Jeb-looks for a way up/around
Jackson-provides cover fire
Raven-readies henry rifle for cover fire, -11 hp
Buck-prepares to fire again

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge, wounded
Shooter 2:firing from the upper northwester ridge, wounded badly.

xenonnights
2nd of December, 2007, 19:16
Wounded and bandaged, Raven fights through the pain and sights down on the men on the ridge, taking aim again on the mouthy one and lets loose a
shot.

"Come on, damnit, die!"

Lando The Archmagi
6th of December, 2007, 11:44
Raven curses the snipers and fires. Her shot actually grazes one of them who cries out in surprise/pain...and then is quiet....

They then open fire upon Jeb who is trying to get up the ridge.

End of round 6.

Initiative Round 7
Doc London-dead
Jeb-looks for a way up/around
Jackson-provides cover fire
Raven-readies henry rifle for cover fire, -11 hp
Buck-prepares to fire again

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge, wounded
Shooter 2:firing from the upper northwester ridge, wounded badly

Flagg Thornington
9th of December, 2007, 11:33
Buck reloads another .45 caliber bullet into his Henry and aims to put an end to the ambusher.

Lando The Archmagi
15th of December, 2007, 23:43
The wounded gunmen have a bad day and miss Jeb as he tries to get up on the ridge.

Jeb and Raven's actions.


Initiative Round 7
Doc London-dead
Jeb-looks for a way up/around
Jackson-provides cover fire
Raven-readies henry rifle for cover fire, -11 hp
Buck-prepares to fire again

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge, wounded
Shooter 2:firing from the upper northwester ridge, wounded badly

Lucky
17th of December, 2007, 17:14
Jeb surveys the ground between himself and the outlaws as he moves forward, looking for the way up. Choosing a likely path which contains at least some semblence of cover, Jeb continues to move quickly towards the outlaws on the ridge. Glancing up at them, Jeb shouts.

"You're under arrest. Throw down your weapons and come out now before you get killed. This is your last warning!"

xenonnights
20th of December, 2007, 17:08
Raven levers in another round and takes aim on the one she just grazed.

"Jeb get your butt down are you crazy?"

Raven holds her shot waiting for a head to pop up to take a shot at Jeb and then fires if one does.

Lando The Archmagi
24th of December, 2007, 00:48
Jeb carefully works his way up the ridge while Buck and Jackson provide cover fire. When Jeb shouts and demands their surrender, the two gunmen jump abit, and look at him as they let go of their rifles, "Alright we give up, you got a doctor amongst you?" Raven then tries to shoot one of them and hits the badly wounded one and he goes down and his blood splatters on the other one who screams, "Dear god! We give up, don't shoot!"

End of round 7.

Initiative Round 8
Doc London-dead
Jeb-looks for a way up/around
Jackson-provides cover fire
Raven-readies henry rifle for cover fire, -11 hp
Buck-prepares to fire again

Shooter 1:firing from upper northwestern ridge, wounded
Shooter 2:firing from the upper northwester ridge-dies from shot by Raven.

Flagg Thornington
31st of December, 2007, 03:00
Buck slowly rises from his covered position and keeps his rifle at the ready.
"Toss them weapons down and come out with your hands held high. We have some things to discuss."

Lando The Archmagi
2nd of January, 2008, 09:33
The one shooter not laying in a pool of blood and guts has his hands up, his rifle near his dead buddy. "I done that already, don't shoot!"

xenonnights
8th of January, 2008, 10:47
Raven stands up and takes her bandana from her neck, wiping the sweat from her forehead. She levers another round into her henry and then takes a drink from her waterskin. She looks up the hill and responds to the others up the hill.

"One still alive?"

She whistles for her horse, who trots over to her and she walks her horse up the hill to where she finds the others. She looks down at the one still alive and draws her long Dguard knife.

"Hope you have a nice story to tell, otherwise I dont see any children in your future."

Flagg Thornington
9th of January, 2008, 08:56
Buck moves up the rocky incline toward the unarmed shooter keeping his rifle ready for any funny business. When he makes it to the top he gathers the shooters' weapons and ammunition.

"Now where in these hills are the rest of your gang holin' up? There's a little legal matter that needs to be addresed."

Lando The Archmagi
9th of January, 2008, 12:01
Jeb stands there with his rifle readied. The wounded sniper moans as he bleeds. "Please, do you have a doctor?"


He looks at Raven and her big knife and just says, "Well if you're going to just kill me, get it over with."

As Buck comes up and gathers up the two rifles, 2 pistols and their gun belts/bandoleers the man looks at him. "They're hold out in the caves and they got plenty of supplies, you won't snuff them out. We were to slow you down or stop you... seems you got the better of us. If you're going to kill me too, get it over with, else I can try to lead you to them, but they'll likely shoot me dead.. of course they might've run already."

The horses can't go up the ridge, they can go through the pass now and round the bend to the base of the ridge.

Jackson gathers his horse and Jeb's and brings them along, watching the pass and waiting for Buck, Jeb and Raven to finish off the shooter or come along.

Lucky
11th of January, 2008, 17:08
"You done killed our doctor. He's laying down there with his head blowed off." Jeb takes a moment and spits on the ground before continuing.

"Guess you're out of luck there. But we ain't going to kill you. You show us where they're holed up and we'll bring you in alive. That is if'n your buddies don't kill ya like ya was just saying." Jeb sweeps his rifle over the side of the hill and points to where the horses are.

"Come on now and show us where the caves are."

Lando The Archmagi
16th of January, 2008, 14:27
The outlaws holds his bleeding body together and nods as hear hears Jeb tell about the doctor dying. "Well that's a shame, I wouldn't have shot him had he not tried to shoot me. As for leading you to them, these wounds will probably kill me first, but I can try."

He then coughs up some blood and doesn't look so great. With a little help he can get up on his horse.

ooc: so everyone mounting up, taking anything? Marching order?

Lucky
25th of January, 2008, 14:24
Jeb joins Buck in picking up the guns and other belongings of the outlaws and secures what he finds onto his horse. He then helps the outlaw onto his horse and takes up the reins.

"No funny business now. We'll be riding side by side and if'n I see you tryin' anything at all, the chance you got of gettin' thru this will be gone. I'm a fair man as you can see by the fact you're still alive in our care and we surely wouldn't have been in yours. But I'll brook no more treachery from you."

Jeb swings into his saddle, still holding the reins. "Let's go then."

xenonnights
29th of January, 2008, 12:20
"If i Kill you, it will be very very slowly, the commanche way."

Raven slides up on her horse and rides next to Jeb.

"I am not worried about you dying. Your horse will take you right to them. I am more concerned about our numbers dwindling"

Lando The Archmagi
31st of January, 2008, 13:06
The party packs up the guns and gear and mount up. The outlaw holds his bandaged wounds and nods at Jeb hearing his words, "Aye, aye sir."

He then begins riding back along the winding trail leading deeper into the hills through the pass. The threat by the lady doesn't seem to make him any more concerned than he already is. He rides along with Jeb and Raven beside or behind him. Jackson and Buck taking up the middle and rear.

The day begins to head towards nightfall as you wind around another bend in the trail and the rider slumps off his horse and lands upon the hard packed ground apparently dead.

ooc: spot and listen checks

Lando The Archmagi
6th of February, 2008, 13:18
The day begins to head towards nightfall as you wind around another bend in the trail and the rider slumps off his horse and lands upon the hard packed ground apparently dead. As the wounded gunman slumps off his horse and hits the packed ground, Jackson and Buck look around, keeping hands on their pistols just in case.

Flagg Thornington
12th of February, 2008, 04:00
"Keep a sharp eye, I'm gonna check on the cowboy."

Buck climbs down from his mare and hands the reins to Jackson. The Texan walks slowly toward the fallen rider with his rifle in hand.

Lando The Archmagi
13th of February, 2008, 13:35
Jackson nods, hooking reins to his saddle horn. He then draws his Henry rifle from its saddle sleeve holding it as he looks around and listens.
Buck dismounts and approaches the fallen rider who appears to be bleeding to death. He sees the blood pooling underneath him. Everything is very quiet.

Flagg Thornington
15th of February, 2008, 14:06
Buck gently prods the cowboy after watching closely for any signs of remaining life. Feeling uneasy once again causes him to habitually scan the surroundings.

Lando The Archmagi
19th of February, 2008, 12:52
Buck nudges the fallen cowboy who doesn't appear to move or even twitch, he's obviously unconscious or dead. The pool of blood begins to ooze around underneath him. Jackson nods as Buck looks around scanning the horizon. All is eerily quiet.

Lucky
25th of February, 2008, 18:44
Jeb gets off his horse and goes over to the downed man.

"Guess he ain't going to lead us anywhere now. I guess we should tie him up on his horse or bury him."

xenonnights
27th of February, 2008, 05:15
Raven scans the horizon.

"Bury him. And quick, before the buzzards come. His horse will lead us."

Raven slides off her horse with her Henry and kicks some dirt looking for a soft spot. If the dirt is to hard, she will start gathering rocks.

Lando The Archmagi
2nd of March, 2008, 03:10
Raven and Jeb dismount and being gathering rocks to make a tomb for the dead gunman. Buck and Jackson have their weapons handy and keep an eye out. After about an hour they bury the fellow.

Things are very quiet and still. The sun is beginning to set.

Flagg Thornington
10th of March, 2008, 05:22
Buck keeps his eyes peeled and his rifle ready. The young Texan removes his hat and prays silently for the fallen during the funeral though he sheds no tears for the man that was trying to kill him.

"We should find us a good place to hole up for the night, some place where we can see and hear the cowboys if they come for us. We'll scout from there."

Lucky
15th of March, 2008, 14:41
Jeb bows his head at the grave of the outlaw. He has nothing to say and sheds no tears but it's always sobering when you put a body in the ground. Looking around in the dying of the light, he gives silent thanks for his life. One day it will be his body that is piled with rocks but today he lives.

"We're running out of daylight to find someplace else, so I suggest we just bed down right close by. A fire in the shelter of the hills should be fine for the evening."

Jeb walks over to Daisy and begins the process of removing his saddle and blankets to brush her down.

Lando The Archmagi
17th of March, 2008, 05:59
Jackson nods in agreement with Jeb's words, "Aye, this be as good as any I reckon', best post watches with rifles aready."

He then dismounts and begins to to secure his horse and get his saddle/saddlebags off it and all.

Flagg Thornington
18th of March, 2008, 12:32
"We ought to nod up there on the high ground. I think there should do just fine." The deputized wanderer points toward a spot not far from the fresh gravesite. "I'll be glad to stand the first watch."

The Texan leads Suzy by her reins toward the defensable flat a short way up the hill a fair distance from the path.

Buck unsaddles his mare and sets up his bedroll for after his watch.
He grabs his pack and finds his jerky for dinner. He caps is off with a small nib of his whiskey. Buck heads up above the camp to find a good lookout spot after adding in his thick drawl.
"Best not light a fire tonight. I'll toss a pebble down if there's trouble."

xenonnights
20th of March, 2008, 10:04
Raven shows no reverence for the fallen or the funeral. She instead checks her gear and cleans her rifle. Once done she walks up to the others.

"High ground is best. I prefer to see my enemy coming."

She smiles slightly.

"Try not to create an avalanche with your pebble."

Then she prepares her bedroll.

Lando The Archmagi
20th of March, 2008, 10:37
The group sets up their camp on a small flat just over the trail up from the gravesite. They all tend to their horses and gear and most of them eat some grub that's either dried or already cooked. Everyone cleans their guns, reloads and then Raven, Lucky and Jackson bed down.

Taking first watch Buck can see the trail winds further into the hills/mountain as he sets up his position as the sun sets and darkness begins.

With no light, it's going to hard to see.



ooc: who's taking 2nd watch? I'll be rolling for Buck's senses later.

Lando The Archmagi
1st of April, 2008, 10:47
The first watch is very quiet and uneventful, Buck wakes up Jeb and then beds down.

Lucky
5th of April, 2008, 12:26
Jeb gets up and gets a piece of jerky to chew on while he's on watch. Then he finds a good spot to overlook the camp and hunkers down, leaning his rifle against a rock within reach.

Tearing off a chunk of jerky, Jeb slowly chews and watches.

Lando The Archmagi
9th of April, 2008, 10:25
The night is eerily quiet as Jeb chews his jerky and hunkers down on the ridge that Buck scouted out previously. He leans his rifle against the rock and suddenly the hairs on his neck stand on end.

ooc: spot/listen check

Lucky
24th of April, 2008, 10:17
Jeb gets a feeling that something's not right. Tucking what's left of his jerky into his belt, he looks around carefully trying to determine what it was that got him spooked.

Lando The Archmagi
27th of April, 2008, 03:53
As Jeb pans his eyes across the ridge, he sees a glimpse of some shadowy figure darting across the way towards the camp where Buck and Jackson are sleeping.

Lucky
28th of April, 2008, 13:26
Jeb crouches down and moves towards where he spotted the shadowy movement. He's the hunter now, tracking his prey. Silently, he moves closer ready for action. One hand holding his rifle while the other draws his pistol.

Just a little closer now.... who... or what... is descending upon the camp?

Lando The Archmagi
5th of May, 2008, 04:17
Jeb moves and prepares himself. The dark clad figure moves quietly towards the horses and begins to try to untie them. Buck and Jackson sleep.

Lucky
10th of May, 2008, 13:43
Slowly moving.

Closer and closer.

Jeb gets into position to jump the dark figure. When he's within charge range, his knuckles whiten on the hand clenching his Remington pistol. His grip tightens and his lungs fill with air.

"Aiyyyeeeeeaaaaa!"

Jeb's loud shout splits the night as he charges the shadowy man crouched amongst the horses.

Lando The Archmagi
11th of May, 2008, 09:42
The figure spins around, unholstering a pistol as Jeb hollers and charges.

ooc: Listen checks Raven and Buck.

Lando The Archmagi
19th of May, 2008, 04:10
The figure leans over Raven and slits her throat with a bowie knife. Jeb tries to sneak up on the figure, but the figure hears him and draws his pistol and turns to shoot. Jeb charges him and clips him.

He then shoots at Jeb, but misses him. The shot doesn't wake Buck or Jackson this round. Raven dies.

Init Round 1
Bandit
Jeb

Lucky
21st of May, 2008, 09:28
As the bandit fires, Jeb turns to the side and grimaces as his eyes light upon the blood flowing from Raven's neck.

"Damn you. Why'd you do that to the squaw. You think you're tough and bad. I'm going to rip you apart."

With that, Jeb moves in to club the outlaw with the butt of his pistol. Shooting is too good for him and won't do enough to quell Jeb's anger.

"Get up. We're under attack!"

Lando The Archmagi
23rd of May, 2008, 10:45
Jeb swings and clips the masked man who laughs, "She would've been fun had she not that ranger star on her vest. Time for you to die." He then cocks the Colt and points it at Jeb's head and fires. The shot hits Jeb in his right shoulder, luckily it doesn't go deep, but it does hurt (-2 hp)


Between Jeb's shout and the gunshot Buck wakes up and Jackson stirs and pulls his Colt Dragoons and gets up


ooc: Buck give me init



Round 2
Masked Man
Jackson
Jeb

Lando The Archmagi
1st of June, 2008, 08:27
The masked man reacts seeing Jackson and Buck stir. Jackson quick draws his pistols and shoots at him, missing Jeb and clipping the man once, his left shoulder bleeding.


ooc: Buck's init



Round 2
Masked Man
Jackson
Buck
Jeb

masked man - wounded, bleeding

Flagg Thornington
7th of June, 2008, 08:41
Buck springs from the ground, drawing his pistol. He takes quick aim and squeezes off a round from his 45.

Lando The Archmagi
8th of June, 2008, 06:49
In Buck's haste to get up, he stumbles over Raven's body and his shot goes wide.




ooc: Jeb's up.






Round 2
Masked Man
Jackson
Buck
Jeb

masked man - wounded, bleeding

Lucky
10th of June, 2008, 12:23
Jeb looks down at the rip on his buckskin shirt and then feels the sting of the bullet. Bellowing in rage, he swings the butt of his pistol into the face of the outlaw as he closes with the man.

"Now you done pissed me off."

((Since I am in melee, I should get an attack of opportunity any time he tries to fire that pistol at me.))

End of Round 2

Lando The Archmagi
13th of June, 2008, 11:33
The pissed off Jeb swings, but misses the gunman who laughs and tries to shoot him again and he hits Jeb on the right side, scrtching him for (-1 hp).

ooc: AoO for Jeb

Round 3
Masked Man
Jackson
Buck
Jeb

masked man - wounded, bleeding
Jeb-wounded

Lando The Archmagi
20th of June, 2008, 09:41
Jeb swings and just barely misses the masked murderer. Jackson fires his two Colts and blows two holes into the badman. He grunts and bleeds profusely from his side, he crumbles over, dropping his pistol and the bloody knife. Jackson comes over and points both barrels at the man's masked face.

End of Combat

Flagg Thornington
23rd of June, 2008, 01:46
Buck pauses and looks around the campsite for any signs of others sneaking about. After a visual sweep he walks up toward the masked man.
"Though he deserves to die and probably wil, you should let him suffer and die of these wounds. It could take days for him to finally die."

The Texan's voice does not falter.

"Let's see who we have here."

With his pistol in one hand he grabs the mask and pulls it over the dying man's face.

Lando The Archmagi
23rd of June, 2008, 06:56
Jackson twirls his Colts and keps them readied as he joins Buck in panning their gazes around the quiet camp. Jackson says, "Sounds good pardner."

You take the mask off as the figure says, "Ohhh, put me out of my misery." It's a middle aged male with a moustache, could be one of the Wild Bunch gang.

ooc: Know (Law) check

Lando The Archmagi
3rd of July, 2008, 09:16
All is eerie quiest now about 2-3 hours before dawn. Jackson looks at his companions and then at the bleeding the man and says, "Well, we going to finish him?"

Flagg Thornington
6th of July, 2008, 01:16
"Have you been ridin' with the Wild Bunch? S'pposin' you're one of the ones takin' advantage o'er young girls."

Buck spits to the side of the man's head deliberating missing the wounded murderer. A scowl creeps over his face.

"Most of me wants to cut you right now. Startin' with your toolshed for the things I think you've done. But I think you'd better start talkin' if'n you'd like to have a christian burial and die only from your presents wounds."

Lucky
8th of July, 2008, 14:30
After the action is over and as the questioning begins, Jeb sits down. He pulls off his shirt and takes a look at the wound as best he can considering the light. He goes to his pack for a strip of cloth to use as a bandage and tries to wrap it as best he can.

"Damn. I'm getting kind of tired of being shot at... I'll tell you that!"
Jeb glares at the wounded man. "But I don't suppose we got the right to go around killing people so we should probably bring him in."

Flagg Thornington
12th of July, 2008, 11:47
Buck crouches over the man after unholstering his .45. He tilts the man's chin up with the barrel letting the sight dig lightly into the soft skin under his jawline.

"I'm 'xpectin' 'n answer from you if'n you wanna live."

Lando The Archmagi
13th of July, 2008, 07:34
The man's blue eyes burn with fire and rage as he looks at Buck. He doesn't flinch when you spit, but he does laugh at your questions. "Soon, you'll be dead like the rest of them and the girls don't mind, they like my tools."

When you hold his chin up with the .45 he just says, "Pull it." Jackson holds his pistols and says to Jeb, "I'm no doctor, but let me see." He goes to get a package from his saddlebag and looks at the wound. "It's not deep or bad, best clean it and wrap it."

Flagg Thornington
14th of July, 2008, 10:39
"You see scum like you would ask fer sometin' like the that. You're scairt to own up for your sins. Always lookin' fer the easiest way out."

The Texan uncocks his pistol and stands.

"Naw, we're gonna make sure you live to see the hangman's rope. Relieving the misery you go comin' ain't worth the bullet."

Lucky
14th of July, 2008, 16:23
Jeb sits still as his wound gets bandaged. His mind is still racing as he tries to figure this all out.

"I think we need to head back to town with him. We're outnumbered and wounded...." Jeb shakes his head nervously, "and I'm beginning to feel more like the hunted than the hunter."

Flagg Thornington
16th of July, 2008, 03:37
"Maybe Jackson can stop this scumbag's bleeding enought to get him mobile."

Buck shakes his head in disgust at the thought.

"Let's get moving as soon as day breaks. We should double our watch and relocate a little."

Lando The Archmagi
20th of July, 2008, 04:13
Jackson looks at Raven's bloody corpse and nods, "Jeb's got a good thought, but it might just be a scare tactic, they tried that in the war."

He sews up Jeb's wound a little and wraps it up. "I'm no doc, but that'll hold ya for abit, good thing it wasn't deep." He looks at the prisoner and gets some rope and ties his wrists and looks at his wounds, He says to Buck and Jeb, "He's hurt pretty bad, I can stop a little of it, but my skill ain't a doc's. We might want to get him back so he lives to hang."

Flagg Thornington
29th of July, 2008, 09:29
"Should we get to moseyin' now then? I don't ,mind as long as y'all are ready to go."

Lucky
29th of July, 2008, 11:00
Jeb looks over to Jackson. "I don't care if it is a scare tactic. We got several dead people that we were riding with and we are outgunned at the moment. I'm all for going back into town with the outlaws we got, both dead and alive and recruiting some more help."

Jeb finishes with a nod to Buck. "I got no reason not to start now."

Lando The Archmagi
1st of August, 2008, 11:04
Jackson nods, "Aye, you make good sense. We taking the ranger/scout back or burying her?"

He helps break camp and sees about securing the prisoner to Raven's horse. He mounts up after ya'll do whatever with Raven and her gear.

You begin heading back then way you came and make pretty good time.

ooc: spot/listen checks. Who's leading?

Flagg Thornington
16th of August, 2008, 10:17
Buck speaks up with an uneasy voice.

"If we can find a couple of branches, bout' a horse long. We could fashion us a sled and bring her back to town for a proper burial. She should be remembered."

The young Texan takes a quick look around.
"If'n we can't find no poles we might try to tie her on a horse."

Buck gathers the ladies belongings after packing his own.

"We can deal with her things later. Who can see pretty good in the starlight? I do aw-right. How are yer eyes fellers?"

[ooc whoever can see best should lead, I just don't know]

Lucky
18th of August, 2008, 15:23
"Well, I'll lead if'n nobody else will." Jeb walks over to cover Raven in her blanket and then he helps hoist her onto her horse. "This is a bad. I ain't seen so many people die so quickly in all my life. I bet this is what that there civil war was like."

Jeb will walk back down the pass, leading his horse and that of the Comanche woman.

Lando The Archmagi
20th of August, 2008, 11:30
Jackson nods as he helps wrap up Raven's body and lay her over her horse. Before securing her remains.

Jackson looks at Jeb as he speaks of the war between the states, "I fought in the war and it was even worse than this."

The party saddles up with Jeb leading with his horse out front, Jackson covering the rear and Buck and Raven's horse in the middle.

Dawn begins to come over the horizon as they head back to the pass where the ambush took place a day ago.

ooc: Jeb is the best with spot. Please give me spot/listen checks.

Lando The Archmagi
27th of August, 2008, 09:56
The party makes good time passing through the ambush site and begins heading down the winding trail into the rolling hills. They pass the plateau where they met Raven.

Jeb doesn't hear them being followed, but he does see the glint of something on the horizon, perhaps the muzzle of gun or a spur of a rider.

Lucky
30th of August, 2008, 14:32
Jeb winces when he sees the glint of metal in the distance. It was as he feared. The gunshots had brought some more company.

"I see someone off on the horizon coming to investigate all the shooting. We better pick up our pace if'n we're going to avoid more company."

Then Jeb urges Daisy on just a bit quicker.

Lando The Archmagi
8th of September, 2008, 01:50
The rider in the distance gets closer towards the rolling hills. The setting sun catching the metal on his spurs, gun belt and what looks like a star on his vest.

Jeb leads Daisy on with Buck and the horse carrying Raven's corpse behind. Jackson keeps his eyes alert as he brings up the rear. "Do you want to meetup with the man or camp?"

Flagg Thornington
9th of September, 2008, 08:44
"Let's meet him before sundown. We sure don't want him sneaking up on us later. Let's make sure he is who his badge claims he is."

The deputy readies his pistols and waits to meet the rider.

Lucky
11th of September, 2008, 13:36
"If you say so. We should find a spot to stop where most of us can get under cover and just have one of us out in the open waiting for him. If he is the law, we'll see what he's doing out here."

Jeb looks for a rocky outcropping where he can lead Daisy and Raven's horse to get them out of the line of fire.

Lando The Archmagi
12th of September, 2008, 09:31
There is little to no cover beyond the trail and spot here on the plateau where you met Raven. You can of course ride down further if you wish. You are on higher ground and see the rider slow to look at another horse which you missed until you got closer. The other horse apparently has a rider slumped over in the saddle. Looks like the lawman dismounts, takes a rifle off his horse and approaches the other calling out to the rider. The rider is unresponsive.

Lando The Archmagi
18th of September, 2008, 10:10
The lawman gets no response from the slumped rider and he dismounts, carrying his rifle over as he begins to search the rider/body and the horse's saddle. He apparently finds something as he looks at it with curiousity.

Flagg Thornington
20th of September, 2008, 12:58
"Good idear Jeb. I'll go meet him. I reckon it's mostly my 'spons'bility anyhow. Listen fellers, It's been mighty fine knowin' y'all. Avenge my pa if this don't work out." Buck check his pistols and climbs up on his mare. Buck lays his rifle across his lap below the saddle horn and urges Suzy on toward the rider without looking back.

Lucky
21st of September, 2008, 17:39
Jeb leans forward in his saddle and looks in all directions shaking his head.

"Don't look like there's much place to hunker down, is there? I'll be sitting right here waiting for you to signal with my hunting rifle out. This ain't too bad range if he wants to start something with you."

Jeb settles back in his saddle and spits on the ground in the direction of the man following them.

"You might inform him of my rifle to make sure he understands the seriousness of our intent."

Lando The Archmagi
22nd of September, 2008, 04:15
The lawman searches the corpse and horse and then looks around more with his rifle. Buck arranges his guns and begins riding down to meet the man.

Jackson grabs his henry rifle and secures the horses as he gets with Jeb taking aim to cover Buck.

ooc: Benicus, feel free to roleplay here

Benicus
10th of October, 2008, 11:54
John notices the man coming towards him from the ridge, but more intently he notices the man with the rifle behind him.

"Hullo there!" John shouts, his southern drawl coming out.

Lucky
14th of October, 2008, 18:45
Jeb lowers his rifle and places is horizontal in front of him at the man's hail. Looking over at Jackson, Jeb says, "It don't look like he's shooting first so's we may as well see what he's up to out here."

Jeb grabs up his reins and starts walking out to meet the newcomer as he calls out. "Are you looking for something Mister?"

Lando The Archmagi
19th of October, 2008, 09:05
Jackson holds his Henry rifle and grabs his horse's reins and follows behind Jeb and Buck. "Aye, looks like he's not a bandit."

Benicus
23rd of October, 2008, 09:42
"Names John, I'm here lookin to quell some trouble makers. You can put those longarms away, I'm a Ranger." John hoped he wasn't making a mistake and these weren't the men he was looking for.

Lucky
23rd of October, 2008, 10:42
"Well, we can't be too sure out here. Too many people out here shoot first and ask questions later and we're hauling dead friends back to town as the proof of that statement." Jeb slides his rifle into the scabbard alongside his saddle as he moves forward. "Who is it you're looking for?"

Lando The Archmagi
23rd of October, 2008, 13:01
Jackson nods and slides his rifle in his saddle and mounts back up on his horse. "A ranger, texan or from elsewhere?"

Benicus
23rd of October, 2008, 13:43
"Not sure at the mo'. Wild Bunch I think is there name. I'm a Carolina man meself, fought at Sharpsburg. Texas is my new home and I'm a Ranger with your forces. Keepin' the peace, what it may be." John moves to his horse and saddles back up. "Where you say you were headed again?"

Lucky
25th of October, 2008, 15:01
"We was headed back into town to heal up and give the Sheriff the news o' what we found." Jeb looks over to Jackson. "We run into some trouble but we've given better than we got so far. We sent a couple back already. I suppose that's how you came this particular direction."

Jeb shrugs and sighs before he continues. "I think it's time to regroup and recover. I know I need a stiff drink and a good backrub by one o' the doves in town."

Lando The Archmagi
26th of October, 2008, 03:21
Jackson nods to John, "I fought in the war myself, name's Jackson. I'm no lawman, but I do bounty hunt a good bit. We're hunting the same band of outlaws, and like Jeb said we've lost a few and given them a losses as well. I too wouldn't mind some grub, hot bath and some companionship."

Benicus
3rd of November, 2008, 13:57
"I might be less fer the dove entertainment, but I'll share a drink with you fellas if thats alright. Headin' out tomorrow?"

Lucky
6th of November, 2008, 18:13
"We ain't sleeping on our horses." Jeb snickers at his sense of humor before continuing. "We were on our way back already."

Lando The Archmagi
7th of November, 2008, 12:41
Jackson nods as Jeb speaks, "Aye, we're headed back now. Best get movin' for it gets much later."

Benicus
11th of November, 2008, 12:59
"Alright, I guess I'll head back witcha if you don't mind." John heads back with his new comrades.

Lando The Archmagi
15th of November, 2008, 12:27
The party arrives by late evening back at Fort Griffin. Jackson looks at Buck and Jeb, "Ya'll want to go to the Beehive and get us some drink, rest and company?"




End of Chapter 7.