PDA

View Full Version : HoloNet (Visitors Thread)

red_dr4g0n94
1st of November, 2003, 14:44
I realize that most people will really just post on the OOC thread, and that the majority of all post here will most likely be by me and my players, but I feel I need one anyways.

If oyur not in the game this is where you should post. Not that that ever stopped anyone *Glances at itches* but some formalities must be attempted at least. Random stuf, stuff about the players, stuff about the way I run things, anything. Not like I'm gonna pay attention to you flame my playing style anyways.:fun:

itches
1st of November, 2003, 14:46
LOL

red_dr4g0n94
1st of November, 2003, 14:48
How did I know it would be you to post here first?

itches
16th of November, 2003, 16:07
I'll use this thread for this one.

Objections

and no hyperdrives all were stripped out to make TIEs more manuverable.

This implies that having a hyperdrive on a snubfighter is the norm.

These provide energy from light to recharge their lasers, and any TIE deployed in an area of no light will only have a few shots before the lasers run dry.

Like space? That idea there is a horrible one, allow me to provide an alternative (http://www.theforce.net/swtc/tie.html#wings)

These Starfighters are not even equipped with ejection seats.
*Cries out at the horror of it all*

and with four laser cannons instead of two
Not an objection, but the Interceptors at the battle of Endor had 8 Laser cannons.

red_dr4g0n94
17th of November, 2003, 02:32
While its true having a hyperdrive isn't the norm for Starfighters from the Old Republic and a few of the civilian designs, it is still something to note in a crafts design. The Empire COULD have put in a hyperdrive, but wanted to cut cost and increase manuverability, so it didn't include hyperdrives for the most part. The Alliance did later prove the effectivness of hyperdrive equipped craft, but since my campaign is a couple of years before the Battle of Yavin even happened, its not widespread knowledge yet.

For the wings, note that its not to power the TIEs engines. As for when light becomes an issue, thats really in deep space, but I can see your point in how much light is actually present. It won't really come into effect for the game though. Its more of an asthetic appeal than anything.

Yup, the Empire was so cheap that no ejection seats were included in the regular TIE designs.

As for an interceptor having 8 laser cannons, that's just a big N-O in my book. At most, the Interceptor could have 6 laser cannons, becuase the ball cockpit still has the hardpoints for the original two lasers. It doesn't have the generators for them though, so it isn't included in the Interceptor design. I don't know where you saw/read that the Interceptors at the Battle of Endor had 8 laser cannons, but everything I've read has it with 4, even into the New Jedi Order era.

itches
17th of November, 2003, 02:38
Yup, the Empire was so cheap that no ejection seats were included in the regular TIE designs.

Well someone has made a mistake (http://www.theforce.net/swtc/tie.html#cockpits) then.

red_dr4g0n94
17th of November, 2003, 02:43
This is quite the interesting website. I may have to change some of this stuff then. I thank you for pointing this all out to me. Apparently my views are a little to colored by Rebel folklore. :D

itches
17th of November, 2003, 03:02
Glad to be of service, and yes that is a wonderfull site.

Check out one of my favorates, and one I think is quite funny (http://www.theforce.net/swtc/holocaust.html) .

BigRedRod
17th of November, 2003, 04:52
sometimes I wish I had bought that star wars tech manual

me and my mate Mike would stand in the shop pouring over the schematics and arguing about star wars stuff

it kicked ass

wouldn't have expect that from him actually
he was one of the herd
except he also played video games and shit
hmmm
I need to hunt him down next time I'm home

itches
17th of November, 2003, 05:05
As for an interceptor having 8 laser cannons, that's just a big N-O in my book. At most, the Interceptor could have 6 laser cannons, becuase the ball cockpit still has the hardpoints for the original two lasers. It doesn't have the generators for them though, so it isn't included in the Interceptor design. I don't know where you saw/read that the Interceptors at the Battle of Endor had 8 laser cannons, but everything I've read has it with 4, even into the New Jedi Order era.

I love this site (http://www.theforce.net/swtc/tie.html#tiei) . Though I do like the theory that they were not the mainstream one used. The 4 lasor cannon one has been used that much, that it would be pointless to try and change it after all this time.

Panzergeist
25th of June, 2004, 07:26
The solar panels are just supplementary power. There is nothing stopping a pilot from using the reactor to power his lasers; he would merely not be able to move at full speed while doing so.

I've been thinking about tossing my hat into the ring as an R2 droid. I have two concepts for the character. One is that the ship's quartermaster purchases the droid from a private dealer on a planetary stop because the local naval base is short on droids and there aren't enough for the ship to requisition. Or, the base purchases the droid from a dealer, then assigns it to the ship when it stops there. In this case, the droid will already be independent. Alternatively, it can simply be a standard navy droid that has been in the navy since it was made, and is slowly starting to think for itself. Either way, the droid character would be very careful to act as people expect of it, so as not to arouse anyone's suspicions that it is becoming self-motivated.

BrianL03
25th of June, 2004, 12:12
Ooooooh! We totally need a droid!

I wish we could set up a WEG Star Wars game... the rules were so much easier to get the fun kind of stuff we're looking for ^^

red_dr4g0n94
25th of June, 2004, 12:19
Well, that's one affirmative. I actually don't mind you playng a droid, I just don't have the rules for it and I wasn't sure you could even do it.

As for the edition stuff, well I'm not really aware of how different the Character Creation process is between the two. I'll have to ask Gnarsh since he's seems to be the one here with both editions...

And on a personal note, I'll have to say I like the first one better. The idea just seems a helluva lot more likely to me, plus I think it sounds cooler on a resume. :nod:

Gnarsh
25th of June, 2004, 13:26
He could just do the reverse of what I did and download the Original Core Rulebook...

Panzergeist
25th of June, 2004, 17:01
The rules for making a droid character are in the droid section of the revised core rulebook. I don't know if they are not in the original one, or you merely didn't read that bit, but they use somewhat different rules from normal characters. Some droids start out higher than level 1. An R2 astromech droid starts out as a level 4 expert, which isn't as cool as it sounds. Since it's a proffesional class meant for weaker NPCs, there are no class features and no vitality points. So, I will start out with a lot of skill points, but I won't have anything else going for me. All in all, a level 4 proffesional character is not really as good as a level 3 regular character, such as the current players have. However, droids can also physically modify themselves, such as by adding armor plating and stuff, though they have encumbrance limits as normal, and they can reprogram themselves, redistributing skill points, though that isn't easy to do at lower levels. Also, they never get force points.

Panzergeist
26th of June, 2004, 00:12
No wait, I think I do get vitality points for each professional level equal to my constitution bonus. Anyone know for sure?

BrianL03
26th of June, 2004, 01:58
I'll check... give me a bit, though. semi-busy.

Panzergeist
26th of June, 2004, 11:51
Ah, I just got the Arms & Equipment guide. It says that a level 4 or 5 proffesional class is equal to a level 2 heroic class, and a level 6 or 7 proffesional class is equal to a level 3 heroic class, and so on. Wish I had had that a couple days ago.