PDA

View Full Version : the great Bdidamonk

TheDruid20
18th of June, 2003, 03:28
Posted here so it is not lost to the ravages of deletion...

Since it has become part of the horror stories told over IM about what not to do I felt it needs to be saved for all time.

Name: Dragol Na'Agmarkan
Race: Half Celestial Human
Class: Monk21/Perfect One3
Speed: 110 ft., 220 ft. Flight (Perfect)
EXP: 355000/378000
Str: 40 +15
Dex: 33 +11
Con: 25 +7
Wis: 30 +10
Int: 21 +5
Cha: 23 +6
SR: 41
DR: 20/+1
HP: 318
Current: 318
BAB: +17/+14/+11/+8/+5 (Unarmed)
AC: 63 (10 + 5 (Monk) + 11 (Dex) + 10 (Wis) + 10 (Armor) + 4 (Haste) + 5 (Natural) + 5 (Deflection) + 3 (Luck))
(47 Touch, 33 Flatfooted (Never normally flatfooted)
Init: +11
Fort: +24 (+12 (Monk) + 2(Epic) +7 (Con) + 3 (Luck))
Ref: +28 (+12 (Monk) + 2(Epic) +11 (Dex) + 3 (Luck))
Will: +27 (+12 (Monk) +2(Epic) + 10 (Wis) + 3 (Luck))
Acid, Cold, Desease, Poisen, and Electricity immunity
Attacks
Unarmed +42/+39/+36/+33/+30, +42 (Haste), 17-20/x2 Crit
Unarmed 1d20 + 4d6 + 31 (+2d6 vs Chaotic)
Unarmed Flurry +40/+40/+37/+34/+31/+28, +40 (Haste), 17-20/x2 Crit.
Unarmed Flurry 1d20 + 4d6 + 31 (+2d6 vs Chaotic)
Special
-Racial
Low Light Vision
Acid, Cold, Desease, and Electricity immunity
+4 racial bonus on fort. save vs. poisen
-Class
Stunning attack, 20/day, DC 29
Improved Evasion
Ki Strike (+3)
Slow Fall (50 ft.)
Still Mind
Purity of Body
Wholeness of Body
Leap of the Clouds
Diamond Body
Diamond Soul
Abundant Step
Quivering Palm, 1/week, DC 29
Timeless Body
Tongue of the Sun and Moon
Empty Body
Perfect Body
Spells
3/day Protection from Evil, Holy Aura; 1/day Bless, Aid, Detect Evil, Cure Serious Wounds, Neutralize Poisen, Holy Smite, Remove Desease, Dispel Evil, Holy Word, Hallow, Symbol, Summon Monster IX (Celestials Only), Resurrection
Skills:
Balance 10r
Concentrate 24r
Diplomacy 10r +30
Gather Information 10r
Hide 20r +30
Knowledge (Arcane) 20r
Listen 20r
Move Silently 24r +30
Scry 5r
Search 5r
Sence Motive +30
Spot 20r
Tumble 20r
Feats
Cosmopolitan (Spot)
Expertise
Improved Critical (Fist)
Improved Flight
Power Attack
Roundabout Kick
Mobility
Warriors Instinct
Weapon Focus (Fist)
Spring Attack
Extra slot (Bracers)
Keen Strike
Rightous Strike
Exceptional Deflection
Items
Amulet of Might Fist (+5)
Belt of Greater Haste (Gone)
Four Corners Striking (Bracers of Striking (Frosting, Flaming, Corrosive, Thundering, Impact, Warning))
Half Gloves of the Ancestral Monk
Headband of Perfect Excellence
Monks Tattoo's (Black and Silver dragons going up arms)
Ring of Armor (+9) (To Wingbracers of armor +10)
Ring of Deflection (+5)
Ring of Minor Regeneration (1 hour/day)
Skin of Heroes
Amulet of Natural Armor (+5) Slot to be decided
Rod of Negation
Lavender and Green Ioun Stone
Ring of Stealth (+30 hide and move silent)
Ring of the Diplomate (+30 diplomacy and Sence motive)
Slated Eye (To Come)
10 Potions of heal
2 bag's of holding
Boots of Swiftness
Amulet of Natural Armor (+5)
2 Potions of Restoration
6 Bags of Holding
Gold 75820.8

Beidamon
18th of June, 2003, 03:48
Not to be offensive but if you dont start using my name right i will kick you out of my game. Using a misspelling of someones name to refer to them by is extremely insulting. Talking about it for a second as a joke is fine, but doing something like this is really annoying.

SponkleofInfini
18th of June, 2003, 11:17
I look over that monk and I see what Bdidamon I ah mean Beidamon is talking about, it isn't to uber :)

TheDruid20
18th of June, 2003, 11:41
Beid you need to relax....

Beidamon
18th of June, 2003, 11:53
No, I dont

Doing something like that is extremely rude and I asked you not to call me that

You decided to continue to do it and start posting it all over the place, and thats extremey inconsiderate of you.

I dont need to relax, you need to learn some manners

WalkerUrza
18th of June, 2003, 13:21
Beidamon, it was my fault that the name came up... it was all in good fun, but seeing as you didn't see it the same way, I'll stop calling you Bdidamon... and I hope the others will to.

The_Friendly_Fiend
18th of June, 2003, 13:44
You doubled up on some things. Posting your immunities twice, and your +5 Natural Armor Amulet twice.

You forgot to add "Darkvision" since all outsiders have that ability. And are you sure that you have the right skill points? A 20 INT gives you +5/level, plus 1/level for being half-human and then your skill points based on class. That's 162 skill points just for INT and race at 24th level.

How'd you get "Mobility" without having the "Dodge" feat? Was it through a class ability? The same would go for your "Spring Attack". That feat requires both Dodge, Mobility and a BAB of +4 or higher.

Overall, not so cheesy. I can think of some cheesier characters. But 10 potions of heal? That's rather costly! :)

Beidamon
18th of June, 2003, 14:35
As for dodge, i probably had it and forgot to list it or it was cut off, as for skills it is just right, i used a tome of int +5 which raised my int alot (First thing i buyed was tomes of +5 to all stats)

The thing that really annoyed billy was my charecters was hasted, and convinced him through the wording of the spring attack feat that I could move in with extra partial action, make a full attack action, then use the rest of my partial action to fly out.

As ive said, pretty much any caster of the equivilent level is far more cheasy.....

BigRedRod
18th of June, 2003, 15:54
Beid, you really do need to clam down
whether you like it or not
your monk has reached legend status :)
the details don't matter anymore

and it's nice to have a testament to what occured in that game

Beidamon
18th of June, 2003, 16:20
I dont mind that my monk has reached legendary status, I just dont think its deserves ;)

LeeCHeSSS
18th of June, 2003, 20:35
My psionic gith monk was far cooler, so there! :)

SponkleofInfini
18th of June, 2003, 22:11
As I have said before it is overated, although still somewhat cool :)

TheDruid20
19th of June, 2003, 02:16
3 words, Bob the Psion....

TheDruid20
19th of June, 2003, 02:42
BTW don't forget Monk-o-killa dispatched a force dragon in think one or 2 rounds, with little help fromthe others. My favorite wa still the half grig/ half farie dragon...

Beidamon
19th of June, 2003, 06:34
Which was acheived by a caster getting very lucky with a spell ;)

The_Friendly_Fiend
19th of June, 2003, 06:39
Uh, does the fact that you cheated to get so uber make you feel big? Skipped a required feat and combining your haste action to create a full attack with your spring attack. One word sums that up, pathetic. Still, even without that cheat, your monk is fairly powerful. He might not be godlike, but he definitely is epic.

The five tomes of +5 to your attributes does clarify a few things. The INT boost isn't retroactive and thus explains the skill point difference.

Beidamon
19th of June, 2003, 07:06
I didn't cheat, as i clearly explained if you put in even the marginal effort to look the feat was either cut off the list in being transfered, was accidently removed during adding feats, or was forgot when listing my charecters feats, he did have dodge.

As for spring attack, again, by the wording of the feat its a aplicable action and as such is not cheating.

So next time you try to insult me and claim im cheating maybe you should look for a wetstone, because your wit seems to be getting a bit dull ;)

The_Friendly_Fiend
19th of June, 2003, 07:49
Sorry Beid, but the way you're explaining how you're making a full attack doesn't fly by the rules. Maybe you should take the time to read them! :angry:

The extra partial action can be used to move, or perform a standard action that doesn't require a move. A partial charge being the one exception, you can move in a straight line and make a single attack at +2 to hit, and -2 to your AC. This charge cannot be combined with your spring attack.

The only way I can see you making a non-AOO move against someone with reach and get off your full attack would be to move with your partial haste action, tumble and then be in position to lay waste with your full attack action.

To say you move with your partial action or normal move action as a spring attack and then get a full attack is breaking the rules. A spring attack is a single attack which allows you to move before and after the attack. It has the added bonus of not provoking an AOO from the target from your movement.

But with 3.5 coming out, you won't have that extra partial action so your idea falls even further away from being legal. Although I'm sure that you'll come up with something else. Maybe create a new feat, called SPRING ATTACKS! That feat will allow you to move and perform a full attack. :devious:

Beidamon
19th of June, 2003, 12:47
Ok, lets look at your argument then trash it because of your ignorance, your the one who needs to read the rules, not I.

First lets discount the most idiotic of your statements. Im sorry if im offensive but the sheer stupidity of that argument is just so staggering that nothing short of calling it idiotic would do. Your statement

"But with 3.5 coming out, you won't have that extra partial action so your idea falls even further away from being legal. Although I'm sure that you'll come up with something else. Maybe create a new feat, called SPRING ATTACKS! That feat will allow you to move and perform a full attack."

Lets look at this for a moment. Your statement is my 3.0 edition charecter is illegal because in 3.5 edition there is no extra partial action. Do i need to do any more to explain the stupidity of this statement or shall i just leave it at that?

And lets not forget

"Sorry Beid, but the way you're explaining how you're making a full attack doesn't fly by the rules. Maybe you should take the time to read them!"

You didnt ask for me to explain how, if you had i would of told you what im about to. If you think there is something wrong with it then you should ask me to explain on what basis i was making this statement instead of attacking me as you have.

Now on to your real arguments.

First of all, spring attack is not a full round action, there is no "Spring attack" at all You dont make a "Spring attack" against the enemy. Spring attack is an ability that allows you to use your move action before and after an attack action, nothing more. As such the spring attack is a move equivilent action, since thats all it is, moving.

Now, If you look on page 122 where it shows a list of common attack actions then you would see that full attack action is under it. So full attack action is a attack action.

Now look at the wording of the feat spring attack, since in your ignorance you seem to have forgot to read the rules yourself before accusing me of not knowing them. If you will kindly look it doesnt say that you can spring in, make a single attack, then spring out. It says you can spring in, make an attack action, then spring out.

Now if you've followed my arguments then you can see spring attack movement is a move equivilent action, the "attack action" part is seperate from it. Now continue to look, a full attack action is an attack action, and a move action is a partial action. So by the rules i can use part of my move action before and after my attack action. If i use my partial for the move action then i can make my attack action a full attack action, then use the rest of my move action to leave. By the rules in the book this is completely aplicable.

Now if you want you can try to find a error in this logic, but by the rules it works. If you want to question me about my logic in any way i wouldnt mind talking it over with you, but what i dont want is for you to try to attack me on it, as you seem to like doing that without any provication. If you see something wrong with what i said then post it, but dont act like im stupid, because in my eyes it just makes you look stupid.

LeeCHeSSS
19th of June, 2003, 16:59
Now, if you both would be so kind to stop throwing mud around?

The_Friendly_Fiend
19th of June, 2003, 17:47
Okay let me get this straight, you want to use part of your partial action to spring attack in, make a full attack and then use the rest of your partial action to spring out?

A - Partial Action Spring Attack In
B - Full Attack
C - Remainging Partial Action Spring Attack Out

Something tells me this still doesn't fly.

Here's something from the last D&D FAQ that addresses the very argument that we have:
If I receive a haste effect, can I use the Spring Attack feat to move, make a full attack, and retreat all in the same round and avoid attacks of opportunity from the foe I attack?
No. A haste effect gives you an extra partial action before or after your normal action. If you move first as your partial action, you can make one attack and then move up to your speed as a spring attack. In this case, the move partial action is not part of your spring attack, and that movement can provoke an attack of opportunity from the foe you attack.

Some other hasty questions addressed in the FAQ:
If a character has multiple attacks and becomes hasted, he would receive only one extra attack per round? What if he had two weapons? Would he get two extra attacks (one with each weapon)? Also what happens when a character has two weapons and uses the attack or charge action rather than the full attack action? Does the character attack once with each weapon or just once?
You can attack only once with a partial or standard action, no matter how many weapons you have. You?ve got to use the full attack action (a full-round action) to get any additional attacks to which you may be entitled.

If a character receives a haste spell, she gets an extra partial action on her turn. Do movement options that are limited "per turn" apply over the whole turn, or should they be interpreted to be on a per-action basis? For example, can a hasted person do the following:
? Make a standard move, and then take a partial attack action with normal 5-foot step (as per Table 8-3)?
? Make a double move, and then a partial attack, without suffering an attack of opportunity in the initial square of movement?
? Make a standard charge and then partial move in a different direction?
No to all. Haste gives you an extra partial action each round.
It doesn't let you break the rules otherwise, and it does not give you an ?extra? round during your turn.
If you move during your turn, you cannot also take a 5-foot step, haste notwithstanding.
If you start your turn in a threatened space and you leave that space, you provoke an attack of opportunity when you leave unless you do nothing else during the rest of your turn except move, haste notwithstanding.
When you charge, all your movement during the round must be in a straight line and in the same direction, haste notwithstanding.

He shoots! He SCORES! Still want to party with me? :cool:

Beidamon
19th of June, 2003, 18:03
As i said, thats irrelivent. I did not know of the ruling at that time in the faq, and for all i know it wasnt even there at the time. I said by a strict interpritation of the rules that my statement was true, and it still is. The reason they would say no is for balance reasons, not for actual wording of the rule.

So you shoot you miss, you still havent pointed out a error in my logic.

LeeCHeSSS
19th of June, 2003, 18:24
Ah, the day has finally arrived. I no longer have any authority on my own site...

itches
19th of June, 2003, 18:26
*starts chanting*

"Lock Lock Lock Lock"

And you know we never respected your power, Oh Great Admin

Beidamon
19th of June, 2003, 18:29
When you have a picture of your feet below your name it kinda makes it hard to believe in your authority lol

SponkleofInfini
19th of June, 2003, 19:52
Okay I have to say something here;

As i said, thats irrelivent. I did not know of the ruling at that time in the faq, and for all i know it wasnt even there at the time. I said by a strict interpritation of the rules that my statement was true, and it still is. The reason they would say no is for balance reasons, not for actual wording of the rule.

So you shoot you miss, you still havent pointed out a error in my logic.

You mean you weren't aware of it when you argued your point in a post...when was it yesterday :) Regardless of how long you choose to remain ignorant, you're wrong according to the latest faq. According to you, people can't balance a game if you don't agree with...hmm I want to fly...do you have wings? or the ability to cast a spell which gives you that efect etc etc...umm no, but I still want to :)

*Awaits flaming by Beid cose he can't help but have the last word*

Beidamon
19th of June, 2003, 22:59
1) I havent read the faq in about a year, i havent played a charecter in a long time other then a brief stint as a ungodly paladin

2) I said without a faq around, based on the wording of the feat that it was possible. The faq doesnt go over what the wording says you can or can not do, but what they intended for the player to be able to do. Just because something latter in a faq says you can't do it doesn't mean that the person was wrong at the time to believe based off the wording of the feat that it was right. I still stand by my logic that by the wording of the feat you could, if not by the spirit of the feat as shown by the faq

Dust
20th of June, 2003, 14:08
(shrugs)

Rules rules rules. What ever happened to the DM is supreme? Druid allowed it (although I'll bet he was pestered into it ;) ) so it was legal within the context of the game.

Besides, as much as Beid's stubbornness and accusatory self-righteousness get to me sometimes (not an insult Beid, just the truth; I'm not trying to get into anything here), I can't condemn his character because mine in the same game was almost as bad. It's really hard not to powergame at epic levels, where that really seems to be the focus.

... Now Bob the Psion, that character was full of cheats :fun: !

Beidamon
20th of June, 2003, 14:59
bah, bob the psion wasn't that good really, he just looked impressive. If you saw him in combat you wouldn't be that impressed. Unlike your caster guys he didnt have prestige classes to give bonuses to overcoming SR, so while his DC's might be good he would be no where near effective since at epic levels every demi god and its mother has a great SR.

Besides, try working out the bonuses on that strength and then tell me how great a charecter that was to play lol

TheDruid20
21st of June, 2003, 00:50
pesterd doesn't begin to cover it!!!!!!!!