PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil Campaign.....

HeadHunter
15th of December, 2009, 14:10
I've had this idea for awhile, and have a few friends who would interested in joining the site just to play it, who have helped me brainstorm around the ideas. I want to ok this first and leave available slots for players on the board. Being that I'm new here, I don't want to step on toes.

I'm thinking of starting it off in the RE2/RE3 timeframe. Everyone trying to make their way out during the Outbreak of Raccoon City and trying to figure out what is going on. I would like all interested players to send me ideas for what they would like to play. A Grocery Store Clerk, A College Student, whatever. The great thing to me, is that this pretty much gives you the freedom to play whatever modern occupation you want. Should you decide to play an Umbrella Scientist or something along those lines we can workout details. My NPC to the party will be an UBCS soldier, and I will limit what Umbrella Class Occupations are available to players. This is to keep things relative to the horror factor of the game. I have no issue with someone being a RPD Officer or even a new recruit to STARS. I want to keep the group relatively small. While I am new to this site, I am not to PBP gaming. I've been a GM/ST on another site for over 10 years now. Smaller groups tend to function better. Probably 6-8 players max and I may have 3 spots filled by friends who have been waiting on me to run this campaign. I hope to make this game run for awhile, up into the group leaving Raccoon City and trying to shine light on Umbrella to the rest of the world. While I would like to keep things seperate from the Game Storyline, things will most likely intersect. Be prepared for new and unseen horrors of my creation as well. I will not be throwing just standard Zombies your way to help add to realism of the genre.

If you have ideas you would like to incorporate into the game now is the time to mention them as I will not change ANYTHING once the first post is up. I'm a firm believer in everyone having their fair share of what is and is not House Rules, but once the game starts everything is as it was decided.

Use the RE Wiki for any reference material you may need per background or ideas. You can PM me for the link if you need it.

I plan to use ALL FLESH MUST BE EATEN (REVISED) rules. You can purchase it on Eden Studios official webpage: www.allflesh.com (http://www.allflesh.com). PM me with any questions. Please use the Norm or Survivor template based on your concept.

For right now, Level will be discussed based on concept and background on an individual bases. I figure most people are going to start roughly level 1-3 depending on their profession and age. After all to keep things realistic as possible, there is going to be a diversity between players. Its the nature of things. If there is an issue with this, I will address it on a personal level.

I will expand on this once things are in place to submit a request for a Thread. For now please send all request to me, and any questions or commits.

HeadHunter
16th of December, 2009, 11:05
Player List

Rimmerdal
Lotuscorpse

Lando The Archmagi
18th of December, 2009, 11:05
Ah, I was hoping you were using Dead Reign.. but alas, I don't have AFMBE, but I do have Angel/Buffy and Witchcraft rules, although, I can probably get AFMBE. Does AFMBE have a mystic/magical/hunter type? I've seen a couple of the RE movies and know a lot about other zombie and horror type rpgs/movies/comics and the like. So I'm interested.

HeadHunter
18th of December, 2009, 14:33
I'm not accepting Inspired Template characters which would be considered Magic Users. I don't feel this keeps in context with Resident Evil's genre or premise.

The basic idea is that real life you is trying to fight your way out the Zombie Apocolypse. I don't know about anyone else, but I have failed to master any sort of Cantrip or Melf's Acid Arrow in my lifetime. I just don't see it as practical to the genre.

Please post any other questions you may have pertaining to this.

Lando The Archmagi
18th of December, 2009, 21:40
That's fine, Dead Reign is more realistic too. I'll then go for a survivalist/special forces soldier, probably a SEAL type then. Or a SWAT officer or the like. I'll look into it more after work.

HeadHunter
20th of December, 2009, 03:04
IS ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED IN PLAYING???? I'd like to have at least 4-6 players.

HeadHunter
20th of December, 2009, 03:18
Use the following Character as a guide. You can feel free to post your character ideas and we can flesh them out.

HeadHunter
20th of December, 2009, 08:29
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa89/iyrus/Resident%20Evil/kiril.jpg

Name: Kiril Vladislav “Rasputin”
Character Type: Survivor
Player: HeadHunter

Sex: Male
Height: 6’2”
Weight: 250 lbs
Hair: Platinum Blonde
Eyes: Ice Blue

Primary Attributes:
Strength: 4
Intelligence: 3
Dexterity: 3
Perception: 3
Constitution: 4
Willpower: 3

Secondary Attributes
Life Points: 57
Endurance Points: 38
Speed: 14
Essence Pool: 20

Qualities:
Hard to Kill 5
Nerves of Steel 3
Fast Reaction Time 2
Contacts (UBCS) 3
Situational Awareness 2
Status 1
Resources 1

Drawbacks:
Adversary (Nemesis) 3
Humorless 1
Cruel 1
Secret 2

Skills:
Bureaucracy 2
Climbing 1
Demolitions 2
Dodge 4
Drive (Truck) 2
Escapism 3
First Aid 1
Guns (Submachine Gun) 5
Guns (Handgun) 4
Guns (Shotgun) 2
Hand Weapon (Knife) 2
Intimidation 2
Martial Arts 2
Notice 1
Stealth 2
Survival 2
Swimming 2
Thrown (Knife) 2
Thrown (Sphere) 2
Tracking 2
Traps 2

Weapons/Hand to Hand
Punch D4(2) x Str (+2)
Kick D4(2) x Str +1 (+2)
Knife D6(3) x Str 2/1
Knife 3/5/8/10/13 D6(3) x (Str -1) 2/1
MP5S 3/15/30/100/200 D6x4 (12) 20-40 6/3
USP 3/10/20/60/120 D8x4 (16) 7-10 2/1

Possessions
Class IIIA Armor
Black “Special Forces” Outfit (Fatigues)
Combat Webbing
Tactical Leg Holster for USP
Flash Light (on USP)
Gas Mask
Multitool
Hands-Free Radio
Compass

Background:
Next to nothing is known about Kiril’s history. Its rumored he was once part of Spetsnaz….. Trained in a variety of counter-terrorism and sabotage techniques. Everything from infiltrating the heaviest guarded fortresses, extensive marksmanship training, to driving APCs and other military vehicles. Literal self-sufficiency. Serving in the ranks of “Vympel.” Known simply as Russia’s Last Defense. That’s all that is found in outside sources.

lotuscorpse
4th of January, 2010, 08:23
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa89/iyrus/Resident%20Evil/Fireman-dog.jpg

Name: Gordon Sumner
Character Type: Survivor
Player: lotuscorpse

Stats
Str - 4 Con - 4 Per - 3
Dex - 3 Will - 3 Int - 3
LPS - 51 Spd - 14
EPS - 38 Essence - 20

Qualities/Drawbacks
Contacts (Firefighters) (3)
Contacts (Paramedics) (2)
Contacts (Polices) (2)
Hard to Kill (3)
Nerves of Steel (3)
Resistance (Pain) (2)

Skills
Brawling 3
Climbing 3
Demolitions 2
Dodge 2
Drive (Truck) 3
Engineering (Construction) 2
First Aid 4
Hand Weapon (Axe) 4
Notice 3
Piloting (Helicopter) 3
Sciences (Fire Fighting) 3
Weight Lifting 3

Gear
Fire Axe, Fireman's Gear, First Aid Kit, Flashlight, Gas Mask, Fire Extinguisher

Weapons/Hand to Hand
Punch D4(2) x Str (+2)
Kick D4(2) x Str +1 (+2)
Fire Axe D8+1(5) x Str

Background

This is still being worked out.

Gordon Sumner joined the Marine Core at the age of 18 after being a volunteer fire fighter in high school.
He spent 6 years in the Core as a fire fighter. After his discharge, Gordon moved to NYC to become a fire fighter. Gordon eventually became Battalion Chief for the NYFD. Gordon got a call about a nice country town in the mountains needing a new Fire Chief and helicopter pilot, so Gordon moved to Raccoon City.